“Dated hotel but comfortable enough”
Review of Days Inn Sandy

Days Inn Sandy
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sandy
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Stayed at Holiday Inn Garden Court A1 Sandy-Bedford for one night prior to an early morning flight from Stansted Airport.

We were warmly greeted at reception and we were in our room within minutes. The room was dated but spacious and well equipped including TV with a handful of channels, tea and coffee facilities, an incredibly comfortable bed and a miniature sofa bed that would not look out of place in a Doll's House.

The bathroom was large, a few toiletries provided however the shower did not have much power. We did not stay long enough at the hotel to use the restaurant.

For the price paid the hotel was fine and even though the rooms were extremely dated the bed was comfortable and there were good facilities included. Would stay again if in the area again.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank paullegate
RebeccaGM, General Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Garden Court Sandy and for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you were pleased with the service you received from the team. We have taken note of the other constructive comments you have made.

Thank you once again for your feedback as this assists us in continually improving on the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next time you are in the area.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

We have been using Holiday Inn for some time, and the Bedrooms, albeit clean, were outdated to the extent the 'Corporate Blue' used in other facilities as far back as 2000, were not in evidence here. The rooms were tired, old, bed was soft and old, the furniture was old stained and should really be in a skip.

The duty manager was question and was very helpful, especially as far as the recommendation for a great Indian restaurant, however this lady was on her own, or seemed to be a lot of the time, trying to deal with front desk and bar at the same time.

We decided not to have breakfast as you were shuffled to a function room outside of the hotel

Tired and in serious need of update

In the recent months I have now stayed at a number of holiday Inn's and beginning to become concerned that the Customer is having to make do with old and tired properties!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Weary-Traveller007

Dear Guest,

I would like to apologise that your stay at the Holiday Inn Garden Court Sandy fell below your expectations. As a Garden Court, our corporate identity is separate from that of the newly rebranded Holiday Inns, however, we do price ourselves to reflect this.
Thank you for your positive comments regarding the Duty Manager and her helpfulness. We will certainly take on board your constructive comments regarding the hotel.

Rebeca Cresswell

Reviewed September 20, 2011

If you research hotels in the area, particularly IHG franchises, you'll wonder why it is so much cheaper. But in this case you get value for money. OK, it's tired and I haven't eaten there since the first time I stayed (there are good pubs in the Bedfordshire villages nearby), but on the good side it is probably the only hotel where they obeyed the Priority Club rules and welcomed me as a Priority Platinum Royal Ambassador and told me I was entitled to free in-room movies. I didn't even know this! I didn't watch a movie, but it's the thought that counts! So, be reasonable.....at this hotel you actually get slightly more than you pay for. It is far worse to pay $200 for a room at a supposedly good hotel and be let down than to pay $80 so close to London and get a bit more than you might expect. It has a bar and a good shop at the petrol station next door (don't get killed trying to reach it!). And the staff were friendly unlike most chain hotels these days.

Room Tip: Keep away from the rooms over the front entrance
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeremy M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Garden Court Snady and for taking the time to place a complimentary review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and that you were happy with the service offered by the team. We always welcome feedback from our valued guests such as yourself.

Thank you once again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

For the price....it's ok, although I wouldn't recommend eating here....very expensive fried food with poor service from the waiting staff (we didn't eat on this trip, but learn't this the last time). The Gentleman who checked us in was very helpful & pleasant & greeted us with a cheery smile.
Suggest you bring your own water & any other beverage you may wish.....the bar is incredibly expensive with only a few chairs!
Their idea of a/c is an oscillating fan, but at least you've got that.

Room Tip: Take a room overlooking the car park
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Sproutie07

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn Garden Court Sandy and for your constructive comments. We have taken your comments regarding the restaurant on board and we are in the process of thoroughly reviewing and changing all our menus to improve the choice we offer our guests.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding the receptionist that was on duty when you checked in. I will ensure these are passed on to the team member concerned as it is always rewarding to receive positive feedback from our valued guests.

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 3, 2011

For the price, I was expecting an express style room but to my surprise it was a very good fully equipped 4star room. I needed drinking water late at night, called reception and room service but no one answered. Walked to the reception and all around the hotel and couldn't find one single staff. I ended up driving to a nearby petrol station by 3am to get some water! But the what disturbed me the most is that the front door was open and unlocked with no one in the reception.

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Garden Court Sandy. I am pleased to see that the hotel itself exceeded your expectations. I would like to apologise however that you were unable to find the Night Porter when you wanted to purchase your water. The Night Porter does do security walks around the hotel periodically throughout the night, which takes him away from reception, but we have taken on board your comments regarding the front door and also to put a sign on reception when he is away from the desk to advise guests how to contact him.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Stayed here for one night with my girlfriend and her family as we were attending a family wedding in the area. We arrived about midday, check in was quick and painless, room was okay, shabby carpets and in need of refurb I would say. I went downstairs and took one look at the restaurant and decided to go over the road to the petrol station and get a sandwich for lunch, other members of our group took their chances with the restaurant, they only had bad things to say, took 30mins for jacket potato to arrive, coke was flat etc... they complained and were told they didn’t have to pay, on check out we didn’t put anything on our room so obviously we didn’t need to pay for any extras, two days later my girlfriend found that they had taken money off her card for the meal her family had in the restaurant, after calling and complaining we have now got our money back for the meal (which should never have been taken in the first place) there is actually nothing good about the hotel.

On check out we received a heart felt “see ya” from the girl on reception, not “ I hope you enjoyed your stay” or “we hope to see you back again soon” like you get in pretty much every hotel around the world. Thanks very much for a rubbish nights stay Holiday Inn, and I won’t “see ya” again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andyroooo

Dear Guest,
I would like to apologise for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay at the Holiday Inn Garden Court Sandy and for the inconvenience this caused you. I did speak to you following your stay to resolve this matter for you and my understanding was that you were satisfied with how the issue was resolved.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I recently stayed as part of a larger party for a business trip. The welcome from reception was pleasant, and the person on duty very helpful when I requested a room change, as I'd been given one facing the road and the noise was unbearable. However, despite being a quiet Sunday night, apparently none of my colleagues could switch rooms as they'd "had a busy weekend and hadn't cleaned yet". Honest, I guess, but really smacks of inefficiency in a hotel bearing in mind we checked in at 7.30 pm.

The room decor was tired (and seemingly last decorated 20 years ago). The bath and surrounding tiles were chipped. The towels were far from fluffy, and in fact didn't look particularly clean. The shower didn't work unless you held the tap in place (which meant squatting) and was a dribble at best. The bed was uncomfortable, the pillows flat from overuse. Frankly a shoddy room for a cheap hotel, and shockingly awful at this price.

As we were working we had no choice but to eat dinner in the hotel (a fact we were congratulated on surviving by our client - clearly the hotel's reputation stands up to my experience). I mistakenly opted for the veggie curry. The worst meal I've eaten in a long long while: greasy "cook in" style sauce poured on over cooked vegetables. Inedible. And again, shockingly priced: main courses are around £13 - £15. For that you would expect quality.

Breakfast next day was, as others have commented here, an underwhelming affair. I think the crowning insult was the instant coffee served in a cafetierre. Is it really that difficult to put in some real stuff?

Avoid this place at all costs. There really must be better places around.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

We would like to express our sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay at the Holiday Inn Garden Court Sandy and for the inconvenience this caused you. In the meantime, thank you for the feedback, as this assists us in continually improving the services and facilities we have to offer to our guests.

Rebecca Cresswell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf
4 mi away
Travelodge Bedford Wyboston
Premier Inn St. Neots (A1/Wyboston) Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Flitwick Manor

Been to Days Inn Sandy? Share your experiences!