“This is the place”
Review of Warren Farm Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandy
Warren Farm Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Sandy B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 7, 2013

It's been a few weeks since we came back to Austin from a New Year's visit to see family in Sandy and not a day has passed when I haven't meant to sit and write a review of our ten days spent at Warren Farm.

The short delay has really been not knowing how to explain what a superlative experience we had with Deidre and Robert without sounding like a close relative.

There's no way around it so let's just get to it:

Warren Farm is simply the best B&B we've ever stayed in. We had nothing more to go on than what we (and you) can see on the web, but the superior quality of accommodation, genuine hospitality, the superbly renovated buildings (in a beautiful setting) and the lovely people, all made our visit an utter pleasure,

Food? Furnishings? Personal service? Friendliness? Cleanliness? Attention to detail? Unbelievable value for money? All boxes ticked and more.

I am not a reviewer of things (as you might be able to tell :), but I felt it was incumbent on me to let you know that if you are within fifty miles of the place and don't stay there you're making a mistake.

A quibble? Only one. We had plans to go into London on a few different days, but could never quite bring ourselves to leave the pleasures and comfort of Warren Farm.

If you should have any questions about what I have said in particular or about Warren Farm in general, feel free to email me personally.

David Walsh

Austin, TX. (although originally from Twickenham, and thus the foregoing is my own honest and English assessment, not simply American enthusiasm :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank The_Walshstaders

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have stayed at Warren Farm for two weekend breaks now and on both occasions had a wonderful relaxing time. The rooms are lovely, the food is second to none and the hosts are delightful.
The location rural. There is good access by road to Bedford and Cambridge which are both good for shopping.
There are some lovely local pubs nearby.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Achieving excellence is hard, to do so consistently over 6 months is exceptionally hard yet Warren Farm do so with ease. Deirdre and Robert welcome you into their home and make you feel special, achieving just the right balance between ensuring you have all you need to have a great stay whilst giving you the space to have just that. It has been my pleasure to stay here for the last 6 months on business and I cannot recommend the venue highly enough. It has been a home from home and I will be very sad to leave at the end of my contract.

Room Tip: All are fantastic but if you are a couple looking for something special...take the corner suite.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank G B
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Colleagues had stayed here before, my first visit this week was excellent. Lovely room in the Loft Suite, it might be the simplest but its still amazingly comfortable. Great welcome, food, wine with my meal, touches in the rooms that just help make it different and real quality - fridge with white wine, and joy of joys, proper fresh milk for my eat! And a DAB radio, civilised listening. Breakfast choices are superb, suspect I might just have to stay again to make sure I have sampled all teh goodies on offer. As it was leading up to the festive season the discussion with Robert about the 2000 lights on the 15 foot Christmas tree, and his native New Zealand makes the visit friendly, easy and warmly welcoming.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Warren lodge Farm is a lovely peaceful retreat. I stayed here recently for 4 nights whilst on business in the area. I stayed in the corner suite which has a large bedroom, separate bathroom with walk in wet room type shower and free standing bath and a separate dressing room. The accommodation is a fantastic size with a lovely king-sized bed. The hosts, Deidre and Robert were very nice and extremely helpful. Breakfast was very tastey and all cooked to order. There was a lovely guests sitting to use with an open fire and a lovely large dining room. The mega shower was excellent, didn't try the bath! I made good friends with the 2 lovely cats.

A few cons i found which are worthy of mention. There was no desk for working in the evenings although I did manage to use the dressing table for my little notebook PC. I would also have liked a bright lamp at the dressing table/desk. The Wifi was a little weak in the bedroom but was stronger in the sitting room. It did operate although a little slow. It was a cold spell whilst I was staying and the big room struggled to be heated using the underfloor heating. I had an additional convector heater provided which was effective but needed to be kept all the time. Because the room is so huge, a slightly larger TV would be a great addition. Also, be ready for the 500 yeards of muddy farm track to the property, I have a low suspension and needed to travel slowly.

Aside from those things, I had a lovely stay and would highly recommend to others particularly if you were staying for leisure purposes.

Room Tip: Choose from the website. The pictures are very good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank herbie69
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Warren Farm Lodge is extraordinary!

My husband and I have never been so well cared for or felt so comfortable and pampered as we did staying with Robert and Deidre. From the moment we arrived we felt at home, though I have to say, I could only wish that our home were as lovely as this one!

We had tea, then a wonderful dinner, as good as one could hope to find at any fine restaurant, and then one of the best night’s sleep that we could remember. The next morning we were presented with an amazingly delicious and abundant breakfast.

The grounds are beautiful even at this time of the year. And the library was everything that one could hope for. I am always concerned about running out of interesting books to read when traveling and, believe me, that could never happen here.

We were very sorry to have to leave and look forward to getting back to this amazing place sometime soon. Thank you, Robert and Deidre for taking such good care of us!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nkwaters
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great place, Great people, Great stay.
Food and hospitality was unrivalled and location is superb.
In their words 'it is nice to be spoiled every now and again.'
Thanks for everything Robert and Deidre.

Room Tip: Any room looked fantastic, however the North suite was superb.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mattrose87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
The Waterfront Hotel, Spa & Golf
The Coach House
#2 of 2 in Potton
Highfield Farm Accommodation
Molehill Barn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Warren Farm Lodge? Share your experiences!