“Extraordinary!”
Review of Warren Farm Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandy
Warren Farm Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Sandy B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Warren Farm Lodge is extraordinary!

My husband and I have never been so well cared for or felt so comfortable and pampered as we did staying with Robert and Deidre. From the moment we arrived we felt at home, though I have to say, I could only wish that our home were as lovely as this one!

We had tea, then a wonderful dinner, as good as one could hope to find at any fine restaurant, and then one of the best night’s sleep that we could remember. The next morning we were presented with an amazingly delicious and abundant breakfast.

The grounds are beautiful even at this time of the year. And the library was everything that one could hope for. I am always concerned about running out of interesting books to read when traveling and, believe me, that could never happen here.

We were very sorry to have to leave and look forward to getting back to this amazing place sometime soon. Thank you, Robert and Deidre for taking such good care of us!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nkwaters

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great place, Great people, Great stay.
Food and hospitality was unrivalled and location is superb.
In their words 'it is nice to be spoiled every now and again.'
Thanks for everything Robert and Deidre.

Room Tip: Any room looked fantastic, however the North suite was superb.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mattrose87
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Travelling alone with a two year old is always a daunting experience, and even more so finding a suitable place to stay, where you can still feel spoilt but have a little freedom and tranquility after the little one has gone to bed. I can honestly say that this was the most relaxing night I have ever spent away from home with a mini person in tow. When I rang up to initially check availability, Deirdre could not have been more helpful and didn't flinch at the thought of my daughter running around her beautiful home!

Upon arrival, the warm greeting that I had received over the telephone could not have been more evident in person. Deirdre and Robert met me at my car then helped me with my bags to my beautiful loft room ( I say a room - it was a huge top floor suite, with a bathroom to die for). The travel cot was ready and waiting under the window in my room, but I was also given the option of using the twin room next door for my daughter. The room was so vast that this was not necessary. The Loft Suite looks over mature gardens and farmland and is the perfect place to watch the sun rise from in the morning, whilst enjoying the obligatory cup of tea in bed (photo attached).

I had asked for an early dinner with my daughter, which was no problem whatsoever. This can be a problem when travelling with children but not here. Additionally, Deirdre offers a great choice on both her dinner and breakfast menus. My daughter's place was set out beautifully - she was treated like a princess, as was I. Of course, as I had anticipated, the food was delicious. I highly recommend the roulade if you fancy a naughty pud! I was offered wine to accompany my meal, which I gladly accepted. Deirdre had no problem with my little one splattering the occasional bit of spaghetti bolognese on her beautiful white linen tablecloth in her divine dining room. Incidentally, it seems that each suite has it's own separate dining area, which is lovely. A great place to come with your partner, as it's so beautifully romantic and you really can enjoy the private dining experience in a wonderful building. The place is so vast that you hardly notice anybody else is there.

After dinner and getting my daughter to sleep, I decided to make the most of one of the stunning guest lounges and sat in front of the fire, baby monitor in tow! Tiger, the resident tabby cat, loves to share the sofa with you, which makes the whole place feel even more cosy. Deirdre's hospitality doesn't just end after dinner - I was offered more wine, but politely declined this time. I was able to unwind with my book, listening to the crackle of logs on the fire in an amazing setting, set beneath the mezanine (which incidentally houses an extensive library and wonderful telescope for star gazing), before heading off to my tranquil Loft Suite to sleep like a baby. My only regret is that I only stayed for the one night in such a huge comfortable bed!

Breakfast in the morning was certainly worth getting up for - try Deirdre's stewed fruits if nothing else. Absolutely delicious. I also indulged in the poached eggs with Hollandaise Sauce - yummy is an understatement! My daughter even tried to steal them off my plate, as they were so good. The only sad thing about breakfast was that I knew that I would have to leave this remarkable haven shortly afterwards.

One final word: Warren Farm Lodge couldn't feel less like a B & B if it tried. From arrival to departure, I am sure that it's not just us who receive the 5* treatment. I cannot imagine anyone receiving less from such enchanting and able hosts. Don't have any doubts about staying here - I promise you that you will want to go back for more, just as I am going to. Next time I think that I might just have to drag hubby along though too - and perhaps leave our daughter with her grandparents!

A truly special place to stay. Thank you so much again to Deirdre and Robert. We will be back.....watch this space!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Smiths02
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This has to be the best B&B we've stayed at in England. A beautiful property, wonderfully appointed and truly comfortable all in a tranquil setting with beautiful gardens. Robert and Deidre are terrific hosts. We enjoyed a delicious evening meal and a very excellent breakfast. This level of quality can only be delivered by people who really care. Peter & Irene, Walberswick.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Beautifu,l quiet location. Very well appointed room in the far corner of the building, huge bathroom and your private outdoor space too. Spotlessly clean. Charming hosts, Robert and Dierdre did everything to make you feel welcome and at home.

Room Tip: Corner suite is the most expensive, but you'd pay double if it was in a hotel!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed for one night after a wedding, we wished we had stayed longer, everything was perfect, including the welcome from Robert and Deidre, Breakfast was very good a lovely selection of everything
Rob and Peg Nicholson. Spain.

Room Tip: We were in North suite, it was beatiful
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were attending a wedding in Sandy and chose Warren Farm from a list sent to us by the bride. When we told her where we were staying she said you will not be disappointed. She was right. Great accommodation, fantastic food and totally relaxing. Nothing was to much trouble for Bob and Deidre with the attention to detail first class. We will be going back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
6 mi away
Highfield Farm Accommodation
The Kings Arms
The Kings Arms
#3 of 4 in Sandy

Been to Warren Farm Lodge? Share your experiences!