“Sad day for Sandy”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Sandy
“Sad day for Sandy”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

It's a sad day for Sandy, the Saigon Pho has closed. In my opinion, the best place to eat that the town has ever had! Thanks Hue and the staff; it's been great. Perhaps it won't be goodbye, just au revoir...........

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank SandyDave

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good food that is budget friendly!”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We visited this restaurant just the other day. The staff was friendly. While the location is definitely a "hole in the wall" I enjoyed everything I ordered. The chef was able to accomodate my dietary needs, and everything was fresh! The location was alright, and there was parking outside for 1 hour only, so we ate fast! We enjoyed the summer rolls, pho ga, rice, a Vietnamese salad (I am not sure how Vietnamese it was...) and a curry. The curry was a bit generic, but with the lack of Vietnamese food in England, I can't say for sure.

Visited March 2012
Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible!”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

First off, the name of this place is called Saigon Pho and their pho is not good at all! I am not one to talk bad about people and am willing to suck it up but the noodles were wrong, the soup was watery, and everything was skimpy. The five of us went and all ordered the same thing and all got about 3 slices of beef and veggies came on a small tea cup dish. I was so disappointed because I read so many good reviews. I AM NEVER COMING BACK AND TELLING EVERYONE HOW MUCH IT SUCKED. I discovered a better pho restaurant called Mien Tay in Wellingboro.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank CH682
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Wow”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Vietnamese cuisine- amazing. So fresh and crisp and full of flavour. A real gem tucked away in the heart of Sandy. Maddeningly cheap too. Open for lunch and dinner, eat in or take away.

Visited February 2012
Devizes
“If food is your priority its great”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We opened the door to an empty white tiled rectangular room, asked if they had a table for two, which they did, then went off to purchase a bottle of wine from a supermarket across the road .
Its a rather odd place to describe, its literally a rectangular room fully tiled in white. Tables and chairs are functional and might probably seat 20 - 25. I suppose its more of a takeaway with tables, rather cafe like. You could probably kid yourself you really were in some far more exotic location experiencing steet food, sort of.
The menu is a little bit odd to get to grips with, and staff weren't forward in coming to help. However as soon as we asked then help was quietly and politely given.
The food arrived promptly and was really good, everything fresh and aromatic, delicious flavours and really very interesting. For 2 people we had 2 starters, 2 mains (if thats the right term) and 2 portions of rice. That was an adequate amount of food although some might prefer another couple of dishes in hindsight. The bill including corkage came to £32 which we both thought was perfectly reasonable for a delicious meal.
If you want a smart place to go to and you're not too bothered about the food, don't go here. If food quality is your priority, with reasonble service and cost, then this is definatley a place to go to. We'll be going again I'm sure as soon and I'm in the area again.

• Visited January 2012