Tripadvisor

Ranked #5 of 30 Restaurants in Sandy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very welcoming, beautiful lovely clean pub. Some of the warmest and loveliest people I've ever met. Thankyou

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (270)

Reviewed January 9, 2020

Continue to go to the Wheatsheaf. Slowly working my way through the menu (stopped at Pizza's because they are soo good). Have tried several pasta dishes, each one has been delicious. We continue to have good service, and would recommend this place to everyone.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

The only pleasant thing about this place is the young lady front of house. The Italian owner is obnoxious and rude and he will be the death of his own business. do not put fish & chips on a menu and then serve terrible frozen breaded re constituted rubbish and then try and justify it when there is a complaint. Equally don’t try and justify it by saying it’s an Italian restaurant when there is nothing to say it’s an Italian restaurant other than a few pasta and pizza dishes on the menu. But it’s ok because he offered for me to only pay £10 instead of £15!!! I did give feedback when I started eating that it was terrible and I did eat my chips and peas because I was so hungry and have nowhere else to go as I am staying in a b&b in the area. Literally the weirdest and worst place I have ever eaten and I’ve eaten out a lot. I feel for the young lady that has to work here she could do better! Needles to say I will never return and I’m sure he is pleased of that because I stood up for myself and he didn’t like that.

Date of visit: January 2020
5  Thank Brownsar
Wheatsheaf31, Public Relations Manager at The Wheatsheaf, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Oh this is a shame.

You seem to eat the whole plate of fish and chips, and you asked for more peas, oh and you drank your wine and THEN refused to pay the bill.

At no point during the meal did you complain.

Seems a very strange review.

We have had many diners over the past year who have enjoyed our English and Italian menu.
I’m sorry we don’t have Italian flags outside the pub for you, but we have tried to keep the history of the pub on show.

You were offered a discount for eating all your food but you refused to pay.

Enjoy your life

Jeff

Reviewed December 1, 2019

Have been to The Wheatsheaf on several occasions. Each time the food and service has been excellent. The chef is wonderful and has often cooked us something that is not on the menu.
The food is freshly prepared and delicious. Nothing is too much trouble.
Well done to all concerned, you are doing a great job.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 12, 2019 via mobile

All pasta dishes and freshly made pizzas were perfect. A lovely, friendly Italian family and an Italian chef too. There were 9 of us for a birthday meal. English dishes were great too with a fantastic homemade steak and ale pie which is highly recommended (and I am going to have the next time we visit as had pie-jealousy), the gammon, egg and chips were great too as was the New Yorker chicken. Nice wines to choose from as well. 5 stars all round from all the family of all ages.

Date of visit: November 2019