“good family hotel”
Review of Salhan Apart Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ovacik
Salhan Apart Inn
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Ovacik
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Salhan is a great place to stay ! FUN FRIENDLY FAB . Great location an easy bus ride into the town of Hisaronu or Fethiye . My son and daughter in law were married in September and Yilmaz the manager put a lovely evening on for them with wedding cake champagne decorations and balloons a wonderful meal and the fire show and disco to finish . The rooms are very spacious and well equipped . I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Salhan and will return .

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Well after a long year saving, 1 baby born, and another due in 4 months we couldnt have been more looking forward to our 2 week break, Salhan looked great from pics etc on here - How WRONG.

We arrived at as a group of 4 adults and my little one who is 11 months at around 3am.

We were greeted by a man, sorry i cant remember his name who said he was the manager.

I was desperate to get the baby in a bed, so rushed through check in etc, he pointed out to me that i had requested a late check out on our last day due to our flight not being until 2am, i had infact paid for 15 nights when we were only staying 14 so we could have the late check out, and had full confirmation from travel agent, BUT, he said he didnt care what i had, his check out time is 12pm on the 14th day, as i was so tired i really couldnt be bothered arguing and thought i would speak to him the day after.

So we get shown to our room, bearing in mind we booked this holiday 8 weeks before we flew so plenty of time you would think to accomodate our few requests.

How wrong was I, I needed a cot for little one, no cot was provided, manager simply said "I'll get you one tommorrow", so we had also asked for 1 x room to have double bed and cot in, 2x room 2 - single beds in, no we got 1 room with a single bed in and one rooms with 3 single beds in and a living room with 2 pulled out sofa beds made up with sheets etc, so again all wrong.

Having looked in the rooms which were freezing which we found very odd, we noticed Huge, black mould patches all over both bedroom ceilings, now with an 11 month old and being pregnant also my elderly nan was with us its not healthy for us to be in rooms so badly neglected, also loose plug sockets hanging from the walls, loose cables, it was a mother with a toddlers worse nightmare.

So we though lets just get some sleep, but we couldnt it was so cold it was untrue, baby was under 3 layers he was that cold.

So after no sleep we all wanted a shower, we should be so lucky, freezing cold water, AND, a sewage overflow pipe in our shower cubicle from the apartment upstairs was leaking in to our shower, the whole wasll was covered in black tar like liquid which was bubbling, it was disgusting.

So we decided to pack our cases and leave the "room" and call our travel agent to be moved.
We eventually got a different hotel after 5 hours worth of phone calls, and a cost of £70 .

But when we went back to the Salhan to gather our cases and hand the keys in this is when the manager became LETS SAY VERY UNWELCOMING.

We all gathered in the reception to hand the 1 key back to him, he said "where are you going" i didnt tell him the new hotels name i just said we were not happy with the room, the mould, the damp, the loose cables etc, he said "well i will move you rooms", i advised no its fine we have done everything through the travel agent, and advised i didnt want to see any other rooms, he said "what do you mean through travel agent" you have cancelled booking" I said yes they will be intouch with you.

He said "well if you are pregnant in my culture you should not be on holiday you should be at home and not be flying on holiday".

I replied well im not from your culture im English and were very different.

He then produced a piece of paper and a pen and asked me to write that nothing was wrong with the room, nothing was wrong with him and all was ok, i obviously refused straight away he shoved the paper closer to me and said write it here, i could feel his whole demenour change so i grabbed my case and said no thank you and joined the rest of my family.

Absolutely awful hotel, awful manager, dirty, Never , ever would we ever go back .

Room Tip: Dont Book Here .
3  Thank MissCJonesCheshire
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Spent many evenings at the Salhan, always very friendly, food excellent!
What could be better sat in the hot sun looking up at the beautiful mountains and eating a Turkish breakfast!
I havent stayed in the apartments but would definetely recommend to eat in the bar!

Room Tip: Sorry didnt stay
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2013

what a rotten dirty run down hovel weve been going to turkey for 15 years and have never even years ago seen anything like it filthy pool pressure to eat and drink at the miserable filthy bar, beds changed once in 2 weeks no foot towel or bath towels, shower cubicle ankle deep in stagnent water staff ignorant cos we wouldnt eat or drink there do not stay here untill they spend some money on tidying the hole up and give the staff some customer care training the worst place weve ever been cant believe holiday companies are selling this place for people to spend there holiday at a great big NEVER AGAIN NO NO NO OH AND THE CHICKENS AND DOGS AT THE BACK HELPED US NEVER GET A NIGHTS SLEEP IN TWO WEEKS

Room Tip: there are no good rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 787kneebone787
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have just returned back from salhan apart my experience was fantastic, when I arrived I was greeted by the owner who was more than happy to help and asked if I had any questions do don't hesitate to ask. my room was very big with a pool view it was very clean and cleaned on a regular basis. the children enjoyed playing in the large swimming pool which is cleaned to a high standard .I had food at the restaurant on many occasions as it was great value for money also delicious. the hotel is located in a good area near to hisaronu and fethiye which is a bus ride away. the dolmus comes pass every 5 minutes so you haven't a long waiting time. overall I enjoyed this hotel so much have already booked for next year the staff where extremely nice and very helpfully nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: room 122 with the pool view :)
2  Thank traceyanne1982
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks stay at Salhan Apart Inn, and having read previous very good reviews, we were a bit dissapointed. While the bedroom and lounge were lovely and spacious and the kitchen well equipped, the bathroom was contantly smelly. All the sinks in our appartment backed up with water and did not drain properly, and the water didn't seem to get hot until about 5 oclock - we did mention this to the manager but he said that was because of the solar panels, and you had to run the water for at least 5 minutes for it to get hot, but on two nights we didnt get any hot water at all. The toilet and the drain hole in the shower cubicle smelt bad, and we had to pour bleach down twice a day. The whole place seemed very run down and in need of repair. I used the pool only once and noticed the sides covered in green mould, and on entering the pool the steps came loose. There was no lighting around the pool area at night and a couple of low steps, which was potentially hazardous as we had to walk past the edge of the pool to get up to our appartment.

Out the back of the hotel there were several free range hens and dogs which woke us up every night without fail from about 2 am, so we did not get much sleep most nights.

We did have a couple of meals at the Salhan which were very nice and reasonably priced. However, as other reviewers have mentioned, we were pressured on a daily basis to eat there, and as we choose to go self catering, we do like to try different restaurants each night. Apart from this we found the staff friendly and helpful and they did their best to please us.

We liked the area very much, and would come back to Ovacik but definitely not to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hilary D
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We have been to Turkey more than 20 times and have stayed in numerous resorts. We always opt for self catering so that we can eat where we want and when we want. We are used to the basic style of Turkish accommodation but this was definitely the poorest. I understand that people will comment that 'you get what you pay for' and 'dont expect 5 star for peanuts' but we have vast experience of Turkey and were very disappointed. We have stayed in far better
places for similar money.
We have never placed a review but after looking up this hotel on tripadvisor before we went, and seeing that there were good reviews, we decided that it must be OK. We dont want anyone else to make the same mistake and hope that our comments are taken on board before you book.
Where do I start?
SUNBEDS - there are 21 sunbeds for 24 rooms which is definitely not enough and I am at a loss to understand why people in the previous ratings say that there are enough (there is not even one bed for each room). My husband, myself and our 2 children were sat on 2 sunbeds and decided to have breakfast at the hotel - we were gone for 20ish minutes and when we returned our towels had been removed and someone else was sat on the beds. We asked the manager and his response was that we cant reserve beds! We said we had been eating in his restaurant and his answer to that was to shrug his shoulders and walk away. We had to pack up and go to the beach as there were no other beds available.
There were 4 of us staying and I would come down in the morning and put only 2 towels on 2 sunbeds (so as not to be greedy as there were so few) and order a coffee from the bar, my husband and children would follow 10 minutes or so later once they had got ready, but by the time that they got down to me I had already been reprimanded for 'reserving beds' !! We spent most days around the pool and spent money on drinks but the management were complaining that other people weren't buying drinks and they were clogging up their sunbeds. When I reminded them that these people had already paid them for the use of the room and facilities and were perhaps on a tight budget they just laughed and said if they cant afford the drinks perhaps they should go elsewhere and leave the beds for people who were prepared to eat/drink there. One lady went to her room to use the toilet and her towel was removed by the time she got back, they told her that they had toilets next to the pool and she didnt need to go back to her room. She explained that she preferred her own bathroom and they took offense at that.
We spent some days at the hotel over the road because of the sunbed situation, they were very nice and accommodating. We would have spent more time at the beach but it is too much hassle with 2 children to go every day as you need a dolmus/taxi and was approx £10 each way
EATING -We were pressured all day, every day, about where we were eating that night and did we want to eat at the hotel? We explained that when we have spent all day around the pool we want a change of scenery and a big part of our holidays are going out and trying different places to eat. They took this as a snub and kept asking what our problem was with their food.
ROOMS - very very tatty, ants everywhere, beds changed once in 14 days, doors to balcony dont lock, shower doesnt drain the water away so you are standing in a shower tray of water which had regurgitated from the plug hole - I dont even want to think of what it contained! Electric cooker rings that worked when they felt like it, fridge leaking water which had to be mopped umpteen times a day,
POSITIVES - none (maybe the return flight!)
All in all we refused to let this spoil our holiday and tried very hard to make the best of a bad situation but we wont be returning. A good holiday was had despite the problems

Room Tip: Good room? There isnt one - but the hotel across the road has lovely clean rooms and no hassle
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family