“Neville's review 28/08/2013- Very good! Outstanding!”

Sandinos Thai & Indian Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Ovacik
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Stoke, null, United Kingdom
“Neville's review 28/08/2013- Very good! Outstanding!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Visited Sandino's tonight 4 adults 4 children, had a really nice evening, food was excellent especially the curries and my chicken pathia was 2nd to none. The chef and his family are very very passionate about their restaurant, and so they should be. Would recommend a visit HIGHLY. You wont be disappointed.

1 Thank Neville B
mujo, Sahibi at Sandinos Thai & Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
thank you very much indeed for ur lovely comments.we re looking forward to seeing you again

• Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Favourite restaurant in Ovacik”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Whilst on holiday in Turkey, this was my favourite restaurant in Ovacik. Not only are the staff friendly but the food is amazing. Being a new restaurant, I think that they are doing really well and have the right atmosphere. You do not feel like you are being watched while eating your meal.

The food is excellent, and the curries are AMAZING. The owner will go out of his way to suit your needs and even organised taxis for us which was very kind of him.

I would recommend this place to anyone, as I think that this is the best restaurant on the strip.

Good luck to you and your future. I hope to return one day.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Nialexandra235
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Doesn't live up to the hype (or rating)”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a 2 week holiday in a villa in Ovacik. We were staying not far from Sandinos. Whilst walking down the road into town, we noticed the blackboard with the #1 on tripadvisor sign and thought 'worth a shot' - what a mistake.

I cannot believe the other reviews on here are for this restaurant, and to be clear, it was definitely Sandinos we were eating in (not next door as per last review). The restaurant is mainly covered with no smoking throughout (slightly weird not to have this in a restaurant in Turkey). It lacks atmosphere, has no music, disinterested staff and 80's style basic burgundy (slightly dirty) table clothes.

The length of time you have to wait to order anything drinks/meal is much longer than other comparable restaurants. We sat and waited for about 5-7 mins (which felt like a long time considering there are only circa 12 tables) to order our first drink, we had to call someone over to place our order after trying the usual eye/hand signals to get the waitresses attention before hand. It's hard to describe - I don't do it justice - every other single place we ate in we all over this - great service, attentive, etc. This one wasn't.

The food costs were in line with other local restaurants and neither my wife nor I could say any better than 'alright' or 'edible' when eating our meal. We went once - we'd never go back. There are so many better places. I don't normally write reviews, but felt obliged to as we felt misled by the signage (there are still traffic cones saying #1 now even though they are #7 as of today 27/8/13) Please try somewhere else, there are plenty of fantastic restaurants along this strip.

We both had Mosaka with bread to start.

In Summary - Pick any other restaurant within 100 yards of Sandinos and it will be better (We tried them all - reviews coming soon :-)

2 Thank Liam B
mujo, Yönetici at Sandinos Thai & Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
well its very said you have written that coments urgently just to try make my business loose.
to be fare i havent sold any mousakka at all for last 20 days. when we check your comments we can see how angry you ve written down in here.
people who is written rewiews here they all nice and high level people. we do all know now you re the same person or people who is written bad reviews above. only your smiling below your comments explain everything. yes there are alot of restaurant around me but your levels thanks king regards
Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Well, what can I say, what a lovely family!! We were made to feel so welcome and the atmosphere was lovely. We visited here twice, once with all 12 of us and the second time just 4 of us and both times where perfect.

The food is all freshly cooked to order unlike some restuarants on the strip. On both visits I had curry. The first time I had chicken korma, it was really nice, but a little too mild. I love mild curries at home, but I felt that I needed something with a bit more flavour. So the second time three of us ordered a dupiaza, tikka masala and dansak... they were absolutely lovely!! You get huge portions with rice and chips to accompany.

On the second visit I fancied a starter but couldn't make my mind up. I ended up choosing some onion rings and I am so glad that I did. They where so fresh and the batter was so light. Sometimes onion rings can be so greasy but there was no grease at all on these! Very tasty!

One thing we really liked was the families kindess, as a party of 12 we booked a table and he told us the best time to come and when we did arrive he served the four children their food first, which made life very easy for both of my sisters because in some places the children got very restless waiting to be served. Here the staff where very efficiant and thoughtful like that.

My brother-in-law had mousaka and that looked delicious, he thoroughly enjoyed it!

One tip I would give is to either book or get there reasonably early as they get so busy. Some nights they turn people away because they don't want to compromise on the service that they deliver, so they ask if people would mind coming back another day. This may seem like they are turning down customers, but that is not the case at all. They would rather give each individual person the best experience possible than cram everyone in just for their own benefit.

Sandino's has a great atmosphere, gorgeous food and extrememly friendly and grateful staff. My dad seemed pleased as he found out he is actually very lucky to have three daughters in turkey... I'm not sure he has always thought that! :)

Thank you so much to everyone at Sandino's!

Lots of love from the Brewster family.

2 Thank hannahgraciebb
“Great food and service.”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have eaten here twice this week and the food and service are both excellent. The owner/chef is a really nice chap and is always keen to ensure you're enjoying your food without being over-bearing.

Highly recommended.