“Never again.....you made me so sick.”
Review of Turtle Restaurant

Turtle Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 57 Restaurants in Ovacik
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Turtle Restaurant in the heart of Ovacik serves up a wide variety of delicious dishes in a welcoming environment. On the menu here you’ll find a great choice of pasta dishes, seafood, kebabs ,tasty fish and chips as well as interesting starters. Well-liked by both locals and tourists, it serves up a selection of British and Turkish cuisine . Enjoy a delicious meal from lunch menu or join us ...for one of our weekly dinner specials: Turkish Cuisine every Wednesday Seafood Night every Friday Great cocktails in a comfortable and thoughtfully designed environment: turtle also features a cocktail lounge with a seductive ambience and unique music which allows diners to relax when they arrive or after their dining experience. Open 7 days a week. Turtle Restaurant & Cocktail Bar features a blend of food, cocktails and fun.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited this restaurant with my Sister for dinner one evening, half way through our holiday. I have an allergy to potatoes and informed the staff of this as soon as we sat down, I told them again when we placed our order and asked them to be very careful with my food, which they assured me they would. The starter was fine, it was simply mushrooms, then they brought out my main, which included a large pile of chips. I was very upset and asked them to bring me a fresh meal and yet again explained to the same people that I have an allergy to potatoes. Just a few minutes later they returned with another meal, I was a little suspicious that it was too quick and asked again if it was a fresh meal because of my allergy. I was reassured that it was and proceeded to eat the meal. Half way through I was vomiting all over the table. Neither of us finished our meal and I left my Sister and returned to our hotel. She was ignored for the next 20 minutes, when someone came over took away the half eaten and dirty plates, but left her the bill to be paid without a single word. This was a 3 course set menu, no-one asked if there was a problem, even though there clearly was, no dessert was offered, yet they expected the bill to be paid in full. I was very sick for the next 2 days, the trips we had planned and paid for had to be cancelled and all because you couldn't be bothered to make me a fresh meal. Instead you just took the chips off the plate and put rice where the chips had been. I even asked you not to do that and again when you returned with my meal, I asked again to make sure that was not the case. You lied to me again and again, and demanded we pay for your ignorance and negligence.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (189)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited several times during stay nearby, mostly for drinks. It is a great bar/restaurant, friendly and relaxed. Excellent for drinks.
Ate here on one evening. On this my wife and I differ. She was most contented and enjoyed the visit. Alas, I was greatly disappointed with my Sizzling Chicken, which barely sizzled at all. Service was hectic and disorganised.
Nonetheless, did visit thereafter, if only for drinks.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to The Turtle last night with friends although we have been many times, last night they had a male singer Emre I think great voice good mix of music, the food was excellent as always and the atmosphere was lovely, the owner joins in has a dance and makes everyone feel special a night to remember thank you all and as an extra bonus you can have free door to door service

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great restaurant, excellent food and service. Carlos was great fun and full of banter. We would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed August 29, 2019

we were picked up from our hotel and dropped back at our hotel for free ,food was lovely staff friendly Neil Diamond was great atmosphere was lively thanks for a great night would go again

Date of visit: August 2019