“Fantastic in every way...thank you to the superb staff!”
Review of Aes Club Hotel

Aes Club Hotel
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Ovacik
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My first rule of travel: One has left home to find things different...

The hotel was wonderful and four stars as it claims is absolutely accurate. I have both backpacked and stayed in many hotels including 7 star establishments and found this hotel to be exactly what it promised. We were there for two weeks in August and were delighted with the clean rooms, friendly staff etc. The location was perfect, far enough away from the noise and buzz of Hisaronu but and easy 15 minute walk and located a few meters from the main dolomus route to all local attractions. For those who really don’t want to walk anywhere there is a button for the private taxis about 6 meters from the hotel entrance and the taxi will come to you.

The food was fantastic and they really bent over backwards to provide a wide range of options and also catered for the large percentage of British guests too with familiar options for them at every meal. The hygiene was absolutely acceptable and of a very high standard and is inspected monthly and they have certificates to prove this. Having experience in the food industry I can happily say I had no concerns at all and the very odd fly just cannot be avoided in a hot country. We were delighted by the Turkish food and the choices were fabulous. With so many new and exciting dishes to try you were spoiled for choice, thank you to the chefs who really make a massive effort. One lovely young lady even noticed me looking for something at the poolside snack bar and took the time to ask what I wanted, after I explained I was looking for the traditional feta cheese rolls (fried pastries), she went out of her way to go and make them specially for me even though there were not on the menu that day and returned with enough for 10 people!

Each and every member of staff deserves special mention from the ever present management to the reception, bar staff, entertainment team, cleaning staff, spa staff and the very enthusiastic children who help out at the shop etc, thank you all for always going the extra mile to make contact and help with bookings from South Africa, transfers, day trips, nights out and anything else we could possibly have wanted. We can't thank you enough for going the extra mile and giving the holiday and hotel a real sense of a personal touch. The entertainment team work very hard and I certainly did not expect the extra evening shows as a bonus to the all inclusive package. Where there is repetition as with the children, I feel it is necessary to develop confidence etc and it was all in good fun even though we do not have children ourselves it was lovely to see them included each evening. I am not much of a participator and there was no pressure but I enjoyed seeing others loving the activities, it added great atmosphere and Gavin loved the water polo too. We made regular use of the spa and had a fabulous Turkish bath and many massages, thank you they were fantastic and I really recommend them!

There will always be the odd negative review and perhaps people complain about drains and so forth because the don't realise that the infrastructure is different in Turkey and after more that 15 visits to all regions of the county this is part of how thing are there and though perhaps not delightful it is a part of finding things different. They certainly have the drains serviced daily as with the pool etc.

Also as a runner who participates in races weekly I was more than happy with the gym facilities but mostly prefer to train on the road and for this the hotel is in an idyllic location and my early morning runs in the back streets were so pleasurable as I got to observe village life with young boys taking the goats to the fields, chickens, horses and local people going about everyday life. It was Ramadan and I really was inspired by the fasting from 3am to around 8pm in the heat and how humble the local were in this regard, unfortunately we missed Eid by a day.

The hotel really makes so much effort in every area to please people, thank you and I really feel it would be hard to be disappointed. It is fantastic value for money with a personal touch.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sam_Gav
Write a ReviewReviews (1,339)

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We have just returned from a week's holiday at the AES Club Hotel. There was myself, partner and 12 yr old son. We were taken to an attic room which in my opinion is too small for 3 people as the roof slopes where the chair bed is situated. After a discussion with the receptionist who spoke very limited english we were moved to a ground floor room. I feel that the double rooms are really only big enough for 2 people. The hotel is spotlessly clean, there is a daily maid service and bottled water, coffee, powdered milk and sugar are replenished, beds are made for you and sheets and towels changed every other day. If you have any issues the staff will do their upmost to resolve them. Showers are powerful but we had a wet room and the water did not drain quick enough so the bathroom floor was very wet and slippy which was a bit dangerous. The food was plentiful, well cooked and the hot food was hot! A huge variety of fresh salads, fruit and desserts were available at lunch and dinner. Good choice of bread, croissants, omelettes, pancakes, cereals and fruit available at breakfast and of course the traditional turkish breakfast. The fruit juice wasn't brilliant, the orange juice tasted more like squash!
The snack bar by the pool which is open 12pm-5pm was great if you didn't want to go upstairs, always a pasta dish, burgers, chips and again fresh salad and fruit. Cakes are served at 5.30pm but I found these dry and tasteless. Soup is also available at night between 11.30pm and 12am.
The all inclusive drinks were plentiful, Efes lager on draught and local spirits which weren't the best quality but that is to be expected. Soft fizzy drinks, water and hot drinks were also available. My only gripe is that they ran out of tonic water which I have with gin and vodka, I think it was 2 days before they replenished supplies.
The staff work very hard at this hotel and were always pleasant and helpful, there was always someone walking around clearing tables and making sure the seating and bar areas were kept clean. The entertainment team are lovely and work hard. Sophie came and introduced herself and Charlie, Cihan and Hande were lovely young people, would never pressure anyone to take part and the kids loved them.
It was our first all inclusive holiday and to be honest it's not for us, that is nothing to do with the hotel just our personal preference.
Yes there are a few things they could improve but they are a new hotel and I'm sure they will get it right.
Overall a good experience, yes a few little niggles but nowhere is perfect and the 4 stars are well deserved

Room Tip: I would recommend a family room if travelling with children, double room with chair bed is too small...
1  Thank LisaD6370
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We are a family of 5 with 3 boys - a 13 yr old and twins age 10 and we stayed for 10 days in August. We so wished had stayed for 2 weeks and are looking already to book for next year. Our boys loved it so much and are still talking about it even though we have been home over a week.

The rooms are modern and clean and the best we have stayed in. We stayed in Room 2305. To be honest, it was a little noisy late at night as it overlooked the bar area and pool but we did not find this a problem as we stayed up late anyway. It had all quietened down by half twelve at the latest.

The bar and restaurant staff work very hard to keep tables clean and the food areas clean. Not sure why there are people complaining on here about flies as we hardly saw any and this was August. The food was really good quality, varied and plentiful. In our opinion, anyone who could not find something that they liked needs to stay in England and stick with their ready meals or educate their fussy kids to eat more than a chicken dipper!

The pool is a decent size, very clean with plenty of sunbeds and one side is shaded if you wish to stay out of the sun. The entertainment team work extremely hard. There is plenty for the kids and adults to do in the daytime and various evening entertainment. Daytime activities included table tennis contest, water aerobics, swimming pool games, water polo, darts and a pool competition. A special thank you to Charlie, Sophie, Cihan and Hande for keeping our 3 boys busy.

Drinks were good quality and not at all watered down and the coke was proper coca cola, same with the Sprite. The draught beer was nice and it was a change to have a proper glass rather than a plastic beaker which you get in most all inclusive hotels. Only one small complaint - it would be good if they did a rum on the AI .... can we request this for next year?!?!

The hotel runs a free bus service to the lagoon at Olu Deniz. This leaves at 10.30 and returns at 16.30. The beach they take you to is Billys beach. You have to pay for sun loungers and any food and drinks but these are reasonably priced. It was 27 tl for 4 beds and a parasol. Pedaloes or kayaks can be hired which were great value at 15tl for one hour and you can go right across the lagoon. If you want to go to the main Olu Deniz beach then you can catch a Dolmus for 2.75tl each way. This beach is pebbly but is lovely and recommend staying down there for the eve and going to Buzz Beach Bar on the promenade for a drink and watch the sunset.

Hisaronu is in walking distance, took about 10-15 minutes, with plenty of restaurants and bars and shops if you fancy a change from the hotel. If planning to book a boat trip then speak to other people who have been on them as many said they were overcrowded. We booked with Seaside Travel at their office at the bottom of Hisaronu and opted for the Blue Bays Trip. There was less than 40 on the boat and there was plenty of shade and the food was good. This cost approx £45 for the 5 of us. Hisaronu market on a Monday am was fun if you like to barter. Loads of fakes but shop around as some look better than others.

Would definitely recommend this hotel. We had a great holiday and thanks to all the staff at the AES.

3  Thank JonesFamilyPompey
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I think unless you are staying in a 7 star hotel and money is no object, then yes you will find things not quite to your liking but some people don't seem to look further than their noses and readily criticise.
My main concern is the cleanliness and food, both were very good. The rooms are spotless and you get a maid service every day. My daughters pull out bed was a little firm but not like a concrete slab!
The food is always hot or cold as it should be and covered up, there is a lot of choice if you look. Beautiful Turkish salads, the desserts are outstanding. The pastry chef makes fresh Turkish bread every day which was so yummy, fresh cakes, pastries everyday, ample fruit, mains, yes Turkish but hey you are in turkey, if you prefer English, holiday in the UK or go to a resort restaurant that does an all day English breakfast! We had fresh soup and fish and also they did have plain things as well and children's meals ie plain pasta. A couple of times things were repeated but you certainly wouldn't starve. Some days there were a few flies which I don't like but having said that everything was covered up but it certainly wasn't a major problem and we didn't have one tummy upset and didn't hear of anyone else either.
The main downside for me was the drinks were pretty poor quality especially the wine, don't expect premium brands but could be improved.
Could do with more shade as well, only four parasols for the whole hotel and the canopy area but no problem getting a sunbed except at the weekend when there were a lot of Turkish guests celebrating the end of Ramadan.
The spa where we paid £45 total for three of us to have a Turkish bath, mud mask and a wonderful massage, money well spent, very nice obliging people in the spa.
On the whole a lovely holiday, very relaxing, enjoy and make the most of it, it really isn't terrible!

Ps don't be fooled at the duty free store as the assistant approached us and said you can bring back three litres of spirits just to sell you more, you can't, I only know this because I read it on trip advisor, think it us only one litre each, it's a scam and if you get caught the whole lot is confiscated!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Matthios
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Have just returned home after 2 weeks at the Aes club hotel...
On arrival we were shown to a room late at night which on exploring hadnt got a balcony which we had booked, went to reception in the morning and we were moved straight away, we had a room for myself,Husband and 2 children, it was spacious with seperate room for kids ,air con, free water ,coffee and clean towels every other day, rooms were cleaned on a daily basis, they were modern and very comfortable.
We had a free bubble massage included in our booking which we had the next day, we all really injoyed it especially the children, you can pick up your free pool towels every day from the spa centre, the owner is a lovely chap not pushy and was very good with my 12 yr old daughter charlotte, who often popped in for a chat and would pop a face mask on her.

The food is fantastic fresh fruit,pastries , pancakes eggs cooked to order, every thing you could want for breakfast.
pool snack bar did burgers,chips,chicken,, fruit and salad until 4 ish every day.
Evening meal ,amazing salads,soup,pasta ,fresh fish, chicken you would have to be so fussy not to find something you liked, they even have a kids section with plain chicken etc...
It was constantly kept stocked up ,hot and very clean ( cannot understand previous bad review at all ) wine ,beer water ,tea ,coffee anything you want to drink all served up in restaraunt.
Bar shuts at 12.00 which is just right as it is very much a family hotel, however if you do want to carry on till the early hours it is only a short taxi ride to the lively Hissaranu...in fact a couple of nights a week the entertainment team arrange a night out down there.

The entertainment team .....they are FANTASTIC...they made our holiday and kept all of us occupied all day.

They are Charlie and Cohin,Hande and Sophie, they are on the go from 10 in the morning doing games in the pool ,dart, pool and ping pong tournaments... there is a mini disco for the smaller ones 9.00 and then 10.00 every night there were various acts Kenyan dancers,belly dancer,latin dancers Mr and Mrs Aes ...then music till midnight, when they all get a well deseved rest.....the song of the holiday nosa nosa was the highlight where they got evey one up to join in.
Hande is only 16 and was working there during school holidays to gain experience of speaking English and other languages..so pleasant always wanting to chat and gain information , she ran the kids club in the day and kept all the little ones happy and entertained.
Sophie is a great girl chatting with every one from me and my Hubby to my 15 yr old ( who can be quite shy)...she embraces the Turkish culture and it is a real advantage to have a English member of staff to help with any information and translation.
Charlie is full of energy from 10 till 12....aqua aerobics, and pool volley ball.
They all work incredibly hard and Myself Karen ,Martin, Tom and Charlotte would like to say a big thankyou to them all ......

Look forward to returning soon x

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We arrived late Tuesday night due to being delayed, they put us in a loft room, which we did not order, we had asked for 2 bedroom room, after a quick phone call to reception the problem was sorted and we was moved, could not fault the hotel at all, lovely food, wonderful entertainment staff who are always there to help and trying to get you involved with all the activities. There is a show every evening which is very entertaining! Overall was a fantastic time and did Not want to come home, will def be visiting again soon. Recommend!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank 01sunshine
Reviewed August 20, 2012

AES Club Hotel, officially given 4 star rating! In our opinion, more like 2/3 star!

We arrived on our holiday after a very long tedious trip, but nevertheless we were optimistic about what we thought was going to be a wonderful holiday. However, upon arrival we had to change rooms 4 times as things in the rooms weren't working as they should. One room overlooked the sewage and power supply equipment - lovely! The final room worked out just ok. My husband had to refit the fly screen onto the patio door and I then broke every nail possible as the door refused to move! The bathroom was ok - the shower continually flooded and the shower door was held on by a wing and a prayer! There were no tv channels in English, so the kids watched Spongebob in Turkish!

The beds are also rock hard in fact, I think I would have been more comfortable sleeping on a slab of concrete!

The food was abysmal - similar stuff every night and boy, if you liked boiled sticky rice, you were in your element! I honestly can't think of a holiday I've ever been on where I could actually lose 5lb in weight! Considering they boast an 'a la carte' restaurant, imagine my surprise when one night asking for some drinks, we were told it's self-service only!

One thing that no brochure advertises is that to get to the main restaurant, you have to climb 25 steps every time! Wonderful!

The pool was adequate, nothing exceptional!

When I look for an all-inclusive holiday, I do so thinking that the kids will be catered for. However, here there is no free ice cream! To get a cornetto, it's 4 lira a time!

The only saving grace for this place is the entertainment staff who work their socks off! They always made time to come round and chat to the guests.

Would I go back to this hotel ...... I don't think so.

Room Tip: If you're not happy with your room ask to change!
3  Thank gillc62
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ovacik
Monta Verde Hotel & Villas
1 mi away
Hotel Greenland
Hotel Greenland
#13 of 121 in Oludeniz

Been to Aes Club Hotel? Share your experiences!