“Kindness”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2014

A small act of kindness by a regular customer might serve to illustrate the fierce passion this restaurant (and wonderful small hotel) justifiably evokes in visitors. The regular overheard another lunchtime customer trying, unsuccessfully, to book a first-time evening meal when the restaurant was full. The regular promptly offered up his own evening booking for later that week, saying that others should be able to experience what he has always enjoyed. And from my own perspective that is excellent cooking and genuine hospitality in a lovely, quiet setting at prices that are no more than the average in this town. Book early, but do give them a ring on spec since there could be a cancellation that day, or a gentleman with a kind heart close by.

1  Thank Balthica

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Well worth a visit. Advise would be to book in advance, my hubby e-mailed four week prior then you won't be disappointed. Food was delicious

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Great food but to be shown to your seat by a waiter with my food was weird.. It would been not so bad if my wife's food came at same time! Also quite weird that before being seated we had to endure the owner showing us to an area where other guests where all he talked about was Englsnd.... We chose Turkey,,, as usual for last 3 years we wanted to feel we were in Turkey !

3  Thank Kathryn S
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Read all the reviews last year then tried to book but couldn't get a table before we flew home. So emailed 2 weeks before we came to book for this year. Well worth it! The owner is a lovely man, as is his daughter Lucy and all the staff. Lucy brought specials boards and went through everything in detail. 5 of us all had starters and a main course - probably the best meatballs that I have ever tasted, side dishes are placed in the center of the table for everyone to share. Amazing food. Desserts were changed daily so again a chalk board was brought to us. My friend instantly decided on lemon meringue pie but was disappointed when told that there was only a half portion left. She needn't have been, it was still huge! We are here for 4 weeks and gave booked again. Not a place you would stumble upon, off the beaten track,so I'm very glad that I saw the reviews on hear. Beautiful setting, great staff and amazing food ( cash only) give it a go I don't think you'll be sorry.

2  Thank Gilly1959
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from our stay in Ovachik, Turkey. Was highly recommended to come to the Yengec from friends at the hotel. OMG Yengec is amazing!!
The service was flawless and presented effortlessly by Lucy the owner who knew everything that went into the food and described it with love! When you go, you book the table for the whole night so you can enjoy the atmosphere without being rushed and pestered like other restaurants. The food is perfection, served by the friendly staff who can not do enough for you. We had the goats cheese with homemade chutney and coconut chicken skewers for starters and vegetable casserole and fresh fish casserole with sides of homemade chips, new potatoes and salad. These dishes alone were beautiful and so tasty my mouth is salivating at the thought of it!!! For dessert you must try the baileys creme brûlée!!! This is heaven on a plate!!!!
Trust me if you want to experience gorgeous Turkish cuisine at its best in an angelic, romantic setting with excellent professional service then book to go there now!!!! You will not be disappointed. Will defo be going there again!!!!

3  Thank Steve B