“Fabulous - Not to be missed!”
Review of Mercan Restaurant

Mercan Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 51 Restaurants in Ovacik
Cuisines: Turkish, British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Best restaurant in town
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Just returned from a fantastic holiday staying in an apartment near the Mercan restaurant. Had met Nihat, the owner before a few years ago and he was always so friendly and welcoming. We booked to stay in our friends apartment this year but as we couldn't move in straight away we booked a few days in the Cennet hotel also owned by Nihat. Our room was basic but very clean and with air conditioning and fridge. The pool was lovely too and even when we moved into our apartment we still used the pool as Nihat told us we were like family and could treat it as our own. Nihats lovely wife Sirpil always had friendly chat with us and everyone including their son Khan and Adem, the waiter made us feel very welcome no matter what time of the day or night.
The food is fabulous and very well presented. I would definitely recommend the Chicken Emmense, delicious! We ate here more than a few times and always called in for a nightcap on the way home.
Nihats special cocktail Sunbeam, is a must for any cocktail lovers and was fabulous!!
It is a little off the main strip at the top near the roundabout but is definitely not to be missed!!
Looking forward to my next visit!

1  Thank Jo865

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I had a meal at the Mercan last year and it was the best meal of my holiday. I have often thought about that meal and how much I enjoyed it.

So when we booked to stay in Ovacik this year I knew we had to go there. I was worried that it couldn't meet up to my expectations for a second time. But if anything it was even better. It was my boyfriends first visit and he is a very fussy eater but he really enjoyed it. It isn't often he raves about a meal but he was the one to suggest another meal there at the end of our holiday even though we were All Inclusive in our hotel. I usually have to persuade him :)

The food is lovely and fresh with a great menu and the presentation is exceptional.

The staff are polite and welcoming and the food is excellent value for money.

What more do you need in a great night out?

1  Thank Gillya74
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I took the whole family to this restaurant - a 50 year old, a 47 year old, two 26 year olds, a 23 year old, a 6 and a 3 year old. We all loved it. Really friendly staff, lovely location in the garden, great food and excellent presentation.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We often use the Mercan when staying in Ovacik. The staff are very friendly and courteous; the food very good and excellent value; the garden area is wonderfully relaxing and tranquil. I would definitely recommend the Mercan if you're staying in the Ovacik area.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Really nice restaurant, food was gorgeous. Presentation excellent. Definitely worth a couple of visits on your holiday.