“ok but don't stay here if you want a good nights sleep”
Review of Destina Hotel

Destina Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Ovacik
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Although we had a lovely holiday and there were a lot of good points about the hotel, we have stayed in better hotels in Turkey. For the price we paid it was good value. Although the rooms were small the decor was really bright, well looked after, and the beds were comfy. We never had one good nights sleep thought. The entertainment went on till very late and the music and Karoke was so loud! I did get quite upset with the amount of people coming home drunk in the early hours making such a noise. For this reason I wouldn't stay at this hotel again. The food was ok, we loved the salads, but the hot choices were very poor. At no point during our stay did we have any hot fish dishes. It was just chicken, turkey and beef. For lunch and dinner there would be 1 meat dish, 1 veg dish (sometimes not nice, in fact all the English guests turned there noses up at the vegetables) Then there would be chips or potato wedges, and either rice or couscous. Infact we would look at the food choices and 5 nights out 7 we ended up eating out! Our experience of the food has put us off going all inclusive again! We loved the pool, cold but kept very clean, plenty of sun beds. Loved the fact that there were no children although this may be different in July or August. The staff were all lovely and we when we asked for a room to freshen up in before our late return to the Uk this wasn't a problem either. We had a couple of issues in bathroom with shower and the wardrobe door got stuck, but we were impressed at how speedily any issues were resolved. They said 5 minutes and it really was!!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tibbycat

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Me and my girlfriend Sophie came for a week and we are sad to be back home. The whole experience was amazing. The rooms are perfect and the food at meal times was very well presented and lots to choose from. Even the gf liked it and she is the fussiest eater you'll meet.
The entertainment was brilliant Gadget and Gizmo are a credit to the hotel and made every day a laugh playing pool games by day and entertainment around the pool by night. We couldn't say one bad word about Destina and would recommend it to anyone

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alex B
Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing week with great views, great service and lovely food, all at a good price, look no further. We had a great week. the rooms and all the public areas were spotless. yes the rooms are small but we were only in them to change and sleep. Food was good, lots of salads. The staff were amazing. Thye work so hard but always had a welcoming smille. Would definatly recommend, althoug if you dont like hills beware of the walk back from town.

2  Thank Amy E
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Destina and already we are planning our return. We have been on many holidays together and this is the first time we have put a review on trip advisor as we enjoyed ourselves so much.
The hotel is just the right size, not too big, not too small. It is very clean and well looked after. The staff work around the clock to make your stay enjoyable. The food is good, especially the fresh pizzas made to order at the snack bar between 3 and 4.30pm. There's is a Turkish bath In the hotel. I would recommend this to anyone. Mr Magic hands is absolutely fantastic. Aswell as bathing me he gave me a top quality massage and at only 10 pound for the lot which took about 45 minutes was well worth it.
Gadget and Gizmo are the entertainment team. Where do I begin with these two. They are the Turkish Ant and Dec and they had us laughing all holiday. They also worked around the clock with pool games through the day and entertainment at night. I would come back to the hotel just to see these two again. Also Murat the head waiter/barman is an absalute gem. Top bloke!
I was surprised at how all the guests got on aswell. Everyone knew each other and would talk to each other. It was a very friendly atmosphere.
It's a short 15 minute downhill walk into Hisoronu where there are many shops, bars and restaurants if u fancy a change. Shine Indian was very very good if you like Indian food. If you can't be bothered walking back then it's 10 lira in a taxi from either the top or bottom of Hisoronu.
A week was not long enough and if I went again I would definatly book 10 days to two week.
This is not a complaint but a tip. Request a high floor on arrival as the bottom floor is a bit underground and not much privacy on the balcony. I did not mind this as I don't spend much time in the room anyway but could see why people might not like it. I would not take a child as it is mainly for adults and there is no kids entertainment. Minimum age 16.
We are looking into booking again for September but if we can't afford it we will be coming back next year for 2 week.
Big shout out to Gadget, Gizmo and Murat. You made the holiday.

Ryan and Lyndsey
Wigan/Celtic

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank RyanLyndseyWigan
Reviewed June 16, 2013

What a great place thanks to muzat and Jan we gunna miss u guys can't wait to go back everything from location,food, entertainment and staff I will be recommending to everyone I know. Great to see tariq, burat and Thomas from bar Friday again they still remembered us we just love hisaronu and the people there fabulous place

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank markandtracy2005
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I have just returned and want to give our honest opinion on this AI hotel . Our room was spotless and cleaned every day . The pool area is the cleanest we have encountered on our numerous trips abroad . All the staff are very polite and work long hours with a smile on their face . We stayed for 10 nights and ate something different at every meal time ....... always fresh and tasty. Gadget and Gizmo are the real stars of this hotel and managed to keep you entertained seven days a week . We would recommend this hotel to all our friends . We didn't have a tape measure but our bathroom was adequate ........ two easily fitted in the shower !!!

Seeya next year

Room Tip: Pick a high floor because some of us can't party til 4 in the morning
6  Thank JED1967
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend have just returned from a 9 night stay at the Destina hotel in Ovacik. The hotel is set in beautiful well maintained gardens the pool was huge and there were plenty of sun loungers still free throughout the day. An excellent hotel for couples/adults but I really wouldn't recommend it for families with children under the ag of about 15, as there is nothing for them to do in the way of kids activities / slides etc.. I think there was a small play park. Food was excellent - a nice variety of things, inc chicken, beef turkey etc. the views from the open roofed restaurant were spectacular, especially of the sunset every night! Staff work extremely hard to ensure guests have a lovely stay :) location brilliant, 10 min stroll down to hisoranu and 5 min bus ride to olu deniz which costs 2.5 lira pp (about £1) each way. I would def recommend going to the national park beach in the blue lagoon, it coss about £2 pp to get in, but its empty! So beautiful, and relaxed with crystal clear waters! Whereas the sea horse beach which the hotel bus goes to, was so crowded you coud barely even see the sand. Gadget & gizmo were lovely, however my only niggle was that they would keep pestering you to take part in the daytime activities! I would rather just be left alone to chillax.. Also the hotel was quite noisey at night, with people coming in at all hours drunk being loud in the coridoors. Anyway all in all a lovely stay, excellent value for money, we had room 1994 which was nice as was larger than a lot of the others & further away from the entertainment part, so slightly quieter.

5  Thank Charlotte B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ovacik
Yel Holiday Resort
Telmessos Hotel
Telmessos Hotel
#2 of 11 in Hisaronu
Sahra Su Holiday Village & Spa

Been to Destina Hotel? Share your experiences!