“Fantastic”
Review of Destina Hotel

Destina Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Ovacik
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We have stayed at the Destina twice now. The Hotel gets better! The staff are attentive, its in a perfect area, not too near the town, and just near enough for a 10-15 minute walk. Along the walk is a number of bars where you can get food, and meet great people.
You get lovely breezes coming through, its great to chill by the pool and do nothing,
highly recommended.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank LAROZA12345

Reviewed April 21, 2013

LOVED LOVED LOVED this hotel. The staff were amazing, so welcoming,friendly and helpful. They were amazing, headed by the terrible twosome Gadget and Gizmo (turkeys own ant and dec)!!!! Just amazing, food=incredible, clean=ocd clean, comfy;soooo comfy!! I try to be objective when reviewing but I cant, it was just so good. I went in a couple, and when I have kids, I will be taking them back here, it was incredible.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HWest88
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I visited this place August '12 and have already booked to go back again this year. Here's a completely honest review of the place:

The main thing for me was I didn't see one mosquito the entire holiday!! This is new to me as I'm normally their main food source it seems.

I'm 32 and this place had almost everything I wanted. I'll start with the rooms... Yes they're not huge but I only wanted a place to put my head down that was clean and it was defo that. The room and bathroom were lovely and well maintained (I drunkenly fell into the shower door and broke it one night, reported it the next morning and was fixed by the time I went to change for the evening). Air conditioning was excellent, the fridge was stocked daily with 2 500ml bottles of water and the room had no ants (as I've seen in other hotels on holidays). Towels were changed daily with your usual towel decorations.

Pool bar (all inclusive) opens at 10am (closes at 11pm) but there's plenty of fresh cool water available if you want a cup or to fill any bottles with. Gadget and Gizmo are good entertainment during the day with water games although their evening entertainment was a bit hit and miss (I've yet to find a hotel that put on good entertainment every night though). The pool bar is good for any beers (Tuborg), wine and spirits (local stuff obviously) but there's the cocktail bar (cash only) which is open for as long as you can stay up until where you can get your normal brands and cocktails obviously.

As for the food, loved it. For breakfast I had a ham and cheese omelette most mornings although they had cereal, fruit, pancakes and other regulars you'd expect. Lunch and dinner were similar, lots of different varieties of chicken and turkey mainly but was always great. If they ran out of something, they'd put more out as soon as you pointed it out. If you got hungry, they had a snack bar between lunch and dinner times that served pizzas, burgers and chips. No complaints, never came close to being hungry.

If you want to leave the hotel, the town is 15 min walk away with a few bars en route where you can get a full English, change money (better rate changing your money here than back home!) and they'll even put on ANY football match you want. In town it's mainly fake goods for sale and there's a market on Mondays where you can pick up a replica of almost anything for a decent price. There's lots of food places to choose from if you do decide to eat out so you'll never be stuck for something to eat.

I got an ear infection from the pool and was seen at a local practice 1200TL (about £45).

The staff were really friendly (all blokes on the bars and a few of them always trying it on with the ladies) and would do anything for you.

Hope this helps.

• Stayed: August 2012
7  Thank Colin_Boyle
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Me and my boyfriend came here last year for two weeks. Genuinely the BEST holiday either of us have been on. The food was great, repeated only slightly in the second week but it wasnt a problem as it was all gorgeous. MY boyfriend is quite a fussy eater but there was still a selection for him; he's a meat and chips kinda guy and there was plenty of it. For me, there was new things to try which were great. The desserts were a bit odd, but it's just the Turkish cuisine.

The all inclusive drinks were fab. They stopped at 10pm but that was fine because the entertainment stopped around then. There is a bar that you can go to after 10pm but you have to pay for the drinks; we only went there on our last night for a bit of a knees up.

The pool was fab. Big enough for nice swim and a kiddies pool and a raised pool which we didnt really go in. The daytime entertainment was great, the team do a great job of getting everybody involved in the volleyball and gladiator games in the pool. They play music arounf the pool aswell which is good, never a dull moment on the days we wanted to just chill round the pool.

Snacks like burgers and pizzas were on at lunch time and they were gorgeous, just enough to put you on until tea. They also did afternoon tea which was minmal but we didnt really bother with it anyway.

In regards to the area, the main town is about a fifteen/twenty minute walk away but its all downhill. To be honest. this was my main concern about the holiday but it really wasnt that bad. Some days in the 40 degree heat we just couldnt be bothered making the effort but it wasnt a problem. When we did go into town, it was nice! Lots and lots of shopowners trying to make you buy things. Take my advice and ignore them! youll get loads of people saying they do the cheapest trips...they all talk rubbish! be careful though because we heard alot of stories about couples who didnt get picked up by the companies etc. We booked all our excursions through HOLIDAY MATE, a british company and they were great. Gave us a discount as we booked them all through them. We booked a horse ride (fantastic through the mountains only about 12 lira so cheap!), You need to do the Jeep Safari aswel! We also booked a boat trip which was good but id say more for the older generation. We stopped at about 5 destinations and could jump off the ship and have a swim about.

The staff were all fantastic and we built great relationships with them all!

THE BEACH
Another reason i was dubious about this holiday. Ive never been on a holiday where the beach isnt a walk away. There was a bus that picked you up from the hotel in the morning and dropped us off again about half five.Only about a fifteen minute drive. Honestly, the most beautiful beach I have seen in my life! Its private for a select few hotels and you get your own sun bed and brolly. The water is crystal clear, I highly reccomend renting a kayak for 15 lira for an hour. We rented one every time we went! We saw huge turtles and loads of fish it was fantastic. Its just off the olu deniz beach, and I honestly think its better.

Overall, Perfect. Could not fault one thing!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Kirsty S
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The photos of Destina are very flattering! It is no way near as nice as it looks in the photos, the food was average, often running out of things And the rooms were tiny with barely enough room to swing a cat around in-and the shower room has barely enough space to turn around in. We asked to be moved to a bigger room but they said they are all the same size. The shuttle bus to the beach takes you to a grotty busy dirty beach with a restaurant - we asked to get off the bus early but were told we weren't allowed and HAD to go to the restaurant despite the fact they went past where we wanted to get off. When the driver realised we walked back to the other part of the beach he told us never to get on the shuttle again and shouted at us. Overall v average hotel the only thing we liked was the quieter area of the beach!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Smasher2012
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Me and a couple of mates went to the Destina hotel July 2012, And we loved every minute of our stay! Although there was a few minor complaints....Cooridoors noisy at night times (Fellow guests fault not staff!) and the fact that the evening entertainment although great didn't start until rather so if people fancied an early night not only would they miss out on the entertainment but would have to listen to the loud music when they was trying to sleep. Apart from this everything else was great especially the staff, always a great help whilst they worked long hours with very little break and having to deal with picky guests who at times could be rude and arrogant. Food was great, no an exceptional amount of choice, but what was provided was always great and tasted fantastic. The rooms was a little small but to honest we only went to the room to change and sleep.Although the pool was a little cold, was great with how hot it could get during the day. The staff at the bar was fun, caring and always asked how you was.They liked to have a laugh with you and squirt water at you, but was always a bit of fun. Overall a great holiday and we are definitely planning to return in the near future! WELL DONE DESTINA!

Room Tip: Pick a room near the pool!