We arrived back to the UK this morning after staying at the hotel from 20th July-26th July. We were worried before we went after seeing the mixed comments on trip advisor but thought it can't be that bad so decided to give it a go.
We arrived at the hotel late on the Sunday evening. Check-in was fine and we were taken to our room and showed how to use the amenities in it. We went for a drink at the pool bar before going to bed. It was nice to see branded drinks like Efes and Coke. The drinks were fine, even the wine was drinkable.
The food was very basic and we had issues with the eggs not being cooked properly. Couldn't get toast for breakfast because the toaster kept blowing the electricity supply so it was never replaced. My partner lived on bread and chips. One lunchtime we were served raw chicken which completely put off our whole party from eating in the restaurant, resulting in us paying to eat out for the rest of our stay. when my partner said something to the waiter he just laughed and took his plate away. there were plenty of 'waiters' but you had to get your own drinks in the restaurant. No one in the hotel had any sort of uniform and the staffing seemed very disorganised. We asked for ketchup one day and it took 3 people 20 mins to get it?!
3 days into our stay we had a problem with the smell in our bathroom of raw sewage. We went to reception to raise our concerns and were told they would sort it. A couple of hours later we went back to our room and the smell was even worse. The kind of potent smell you could be physically sick with, it was disgusting. I went back to the reception and the lady behind reception said what do you want me to do about it your room is clean. At that point the housekeeper was having a go at me in Turkish. I explained it wasn't a problem with the cleanliness of the room, there was a problem with the drains. In the end we had 4 people in our room inspecting it to find out what was happening. After a heated debate we were moved to another room, which was much better. Or so we thought. The first night in our new room we got locked in! I phoned reception and got laughed at down the phone and he said someone would be there straight away. No one came for 10 mins and when they did the door worked on both sides! We then carried on getting ready and as went went to leave discovered we were locked in once again!! I then phoned reception again, to be laughed at again and told someone would be down straight away. when someone came they saw it didn't work and called for an engineer, which came 30 minutes later.
Our room didn't get cleaned one day and we phoned reception to ask for some clean towels and are still waiting for them. The day before we were coming home my partner asked the cleaner if they were going to clean our room that day and she looked at him as if he was stupid and said no tomorrow.
All in all we had a good start to our holiday but it went rapidly downhill. I appreciate the hotel isn't 100% ready but god help them when it's busy! whilst we were there there were a lot of complaints and there were no more than 70 people at one time staying there. The hotel is nowhere near a 4 star resort and from what I've seen they will never get there.
I would never stay in this hotel again. It definitely wasn't worth the money we paid for it. Feel completely ripped off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A place where you feel yourself in peace and tranquillity. You will enjoy sunbathing around the pool under the shining sun on a breezy plateau overlooking the village with stunning mountain view in daytime and sunset view in evening.The ideal location of this hotel provides you with the best weather you may find in this area as it leans against the forest on the skirts of Para gliders most popular mountain, this altitude makes the sunbathing here more joyful and pleasant compared to the destinations in both Fethiye and Oludeniz characterised by high humidity and scorching sun in high summer season.It is just 10 minutes drive (4 km) to the famous Oludeniz Beach at Blue Lagoon and at the same distance to Calis Beach in Fethiye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Sunshine Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Holiday Hotel Ovacik
- Sunshine Holiday Fethiye
- Sunshine Holiday Resort Turkey/Ovacik