“TERRIBLE PLACE TO STAY!!!!”

Hotel Club Daystar Apart
Ranked #42 of 50 Specialty Lodging in Icmeler
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“TERRIBLE PLACE TO STAY!!!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My brother who is 32 fiancée who is 30 and my niece and nephew took me and my older sister who is 18 took us on our second holiday to turkey as we have been wanting to go there for agers with them and as we got the chance to go and when we arrived we ended up in the club day star as we was excited to be there we had been aware of some of the reviews but we thought it would be a chance to take and see if all the reviews were not as true as people was saying but as we got there it was full off teenagers and we got took to our rooms and then we went out for a drink and a bite to eat and when we arrived back at the hotel we got into our rooms and went to bed, as we woke up the first morning me and my sister and niece and nephew went down to the pool and then half hour later my brother shouted us asking were the watches, engagement ring, Nintendo ds and a blackberry phone was and we was unaware at this point that we had been robbed but then we knew all off a sudden we must of been because these things were no were to be found and then my brothers fiancée looked over the balcony and there were footprints on the side of the wall by the drain pipe and then adding things up into our head we tried to see if the balcony doors would lock and they were broken so they must of got in through the balcony opened the door and took the things of the table the worst thing about it my 11 year old niece was asleep on the couch bed right by the balcony window by the table as well so they could of taken her the hotel was a disgrace the staff in the hotel did not help us one bit they could not speak a word of English and when we tried to tell them what had happened they were acting asif they did not have a clue when recently in the hotel things had been getting stolen so we think that it was either members of staff robbing things because they did not help us in the slightest my brothers fiancée had to pay 80 lire for a translator which also didn't help, only good thing that came out of this is that my brother and his fiancée have been going to turkey for many years now and new a jeweller who could help and he took In our valuables and minded for us and we did not want to leave them in the hotel, the staff there are so rude and snotty and stuck up you smile and don't get one back there respect is disgraceful it is run by teenagers who cant run it properly and don't have a clue what they are doing the food was not cooked properly and also they tried to accuse us of not paying our bills and was putting prices up for drinks as the days were passing by they sat up all night smoking in the bar around families who were staying as anyone around them could of had asthma. I would recommend people not to stay here it is a disgrace

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank aim m

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I arrived at club Daystar at 1am on the 26th of October to find the place deserted and very obviously closed. I am absolutely disgusted that they did not have the courtesy to tell the company I had booked through that they were closed. Myself and my son were forced to walk through icemeler with our suitcases looking for a room for the night . We were lucky enough to find somewhere but at a cost of 60 lira for the night, from what I could see the pool was dirty and full of green scum , I'm glad I did not stay in this pathetic effort of a hotel.

• Stayed October 2013

Travelers are raving about these Icmeler hotels

Scarborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just got back from 11 days at the Daystar. You get what you pay for, If you want 5 star book 5 star!! we had 2 rooms both big with balcony overlooking the pool area. The cleaner was in every day beds made room cleaned. if we wanted clean towels and bedding we left then on the floor and they were replaced! The pool area was spotless big pool which got the sun all day plenty of sun beds bar open all day if you needed a drink Fantastic location 2 mins walk to fantastic food at the wembley bar which we had breakfast and lunch most days plus 3 more bars 5 mins walk to the Three bells and a few more bars all doing great food and drinks 10 mins your in the centre of icmeler WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT. It was a great place to be based at and will defenatley be back in may

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

i too booked thinking i was buying a 3 star hotel... it says it is on the Thomas Cook , FLexitrips and co-operative travel websites... STILL!!!!!
it was the worst experience my family and myself have ever had after numerous trips to Turkey. the rooms were filthy. i had to beg to use the scruffiest mop and brush ever. i kept it in my room for a week before the manager asked for it back and said they had been looking for it .. it was the only one in the hotel!!!!!
we were given 1 clean and 2 dirty towels for 6 of us to last the whole 2 weeks and despite repeatedly nagging for more got told there wasnt any... hence we had to buy them!!!.
there is no food available.. it is shipped in from elsewhere at cost. the Tv in the bar is for show only, the staff dont speak english and cant answer when bills appear on your tabs that you havent had... our rooms were falling to pieces, the sink came away from the wallls in the bathroom and we had no light bulbs in the lounge or balcony for 10 days despite repeatedly requesting (we even drew pics and brought the guy upstairs)
on returning we too complained to both co-op travel and thomas cook flexitrips.... to be told ... its fine LOL dont book with these companies!!!! they are still advertising this place as 3 star!!!!!

Room Tip: dont book... or stay here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank lisa p
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Booked for 2 weeks based on the hols 4 u/ flexitrips brochure advertising a 3 star hotel..... this was sooo far from the truth... it shouldve read... no cleaners, no towels, no clean bedding, staff theiving from safe boxes, complaints unrecognised, room fittings falling off walls, no crockery... and... when you complain to the travel company.. (holidays4u or flexitrips) no compensation just rude dialogue!!!! Absolutely appalling from stop to finish.... avoid at all costs!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank unlucky136666666
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Booked in Jan 2013, rated 3 star, with restaurant, when we arrived rep saw us and said it has got no stars, no food at all and still being advertised as 3 star even now, AVOID AT ALL COSTS it is being advertised under false pretensenes, worst place I have ever stayed in, staff did not understand you when we made complaints, but understood when money was concerned, had to beg for clean bedding and towels after 5 day`s, one cleaner to do 35 rooms is not adequate,it is really a crap hotel

Room Tip: avoid at all costs
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bridget148
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Being half turkish anyway I've never experienced such a crap hole in all my life! The staff were nice but they
need a cleaner who cares and staff that care. The bathroom was filthy and they never cleaned the living space,just a quick flick round with the dirty brush.We had to ask 3 times for towels and sheets after 4 days we had clean but shabby towels and they only gave
us 2 large &1 small towel there
were
4 of us. While we were there we had eye infection from the pool but the pool looked quite cleanish! When we arrived some of the familys said to us DON' T EAT HERE nobody eats here we all go to LOVE STAR round the corner from the hotel. 2nd week I was lying by the pool and one of the staffs kids came down the steps and he had a firework in each hand and shouted to
everyone look at me he started to wave them around and I shot off my sunbed but some of the sparks burnt my shoulder. I complained to the staff they just said he was an excied child. BUT this did not put us off icmeler the best place in Turkey that we have stayed. Its a good job my husband is Turkish or we would not of got anything, My husband had to help get a couple get moved from the attic rooms because he had alot of health problems,and the staff even put his insulin in the freezer because they did not have a fridge in their room. My HE-MAN husband even carried a fridge up to the attic room for them .If you want a home from home stay ( clean and do your own washing stay here) Change your booking ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family