“The facts”

Hotel Club Daystar Apart
Ranked #44 of 50 Specialty Lodging in Icmeler
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Just back from daystar. Stayed here last year and had a great time, so we thought we would go back. Very disappointed to say the least. Cant complain about the guys who run pool/ bar area to be honest, they are trying to make a living, but the apartments were horrendous. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for and these apartments are`nt expensive, so basic is what you expect, but filth I did not. We had to be moved after first night as we were given a studio even after booking a one bedroomed apartment, did`nt complain first night as we arrived late and we were tired and hungry. I spoke to the staff next morning and we were given another apartment on the ground floor which was great as my hubby has osteo arthritis, albeit it we were left to carry our suitcases down from the attic on our own. I had to clean the fridge before putting anything in it, we had no shower curtain at all, there were hairs, tissue and I hate to guess at what else behind both beds, our sheets were not changed in the 2 weeks we were there and we only had clean towels once after we virtuallly accosted the maid for them. We spoke to staff a couple of times about sheets and towels, but no joy. I really feel for the boys at the pool/ bar because whilst these apartments stay in the condition they are no one is going to want to stay there, and they will struggle to make a living, basic I can handle but sheer filth is a no no

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at these apts last year and the staff there were great, they have now left and gone to blondies bar in the town which is fab!!

the staff here now are slack to say the very least because theye hire the pool and bar area that is all they are interested in ISH!!!

they are kevin and chris who are brothers. Kevin not interested Chris nice but dont ask for too much like Butter which they failed to bring every time you had bread and were disorganised always sending the staff down the shop for food items which they didnt have on sight.

The receptionist and the young girl (who looked you up and down and then straight through you) had very very poor english.

we were there for 12 days and not once was the apartment cleaned and we had clean towels once!!

even though we addressed this nicely it was like water off a ducks back.

there were no offers on drinks as there was last year i.e buy one get one free as we all love a bargain and the prices on food were higher.

we were very disappointed as we though the same staff were there as last year but spent all out holiday with them at Blonides anyway.

Turkish night was always the same and was expensive in this apart so we went to yes you guessed it Blondies!!!

The rooms are very very very basic and the whole place needs a revamp the shower curtains are not long enough and so the bathroom FLOODS every time you use the shower. No hot water.

the fridge wasnt clean and the freezer frozen solid. the rooms smelt of dam p and also need a good going over from painting to a simple clean.

i am going to book with the Miray which is attached to Blondies.as i have heard loads of good reviews and they have shower cubicles and loads of hot water besides being very clean and value for money which is a bonus.

There were others there who booked because of last year and i am sure they will agree with my comments as they will not go back either.

Club Daystar last year OH YES this year NO NO!

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel!!!!
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Myself and my family have just returned from Club Daystar and we had a lovely relaxing time. We arrived at 4am and were made to feel extremely welcome. The staff simply couldn't do enough for you. The pool area itself was lovely, great little baby pool and quite a large adult pool, which worked out fab as we had 2 little ones with us. On the down side though the rooms are very very basic, not much facilities to cook with but we ate out every day as who wants to cook on holiday. The main town is just 10 mins walk as is the beach with lots of diff bars an restaurants. Its lovely an quite at the Daystar at night which was fab as we have kids but the staff do put on entertainment every night and they are so funny. The staff do come and talk to you round the pool alot to make sure your ok and to see if you want drinks which i think is an excellent service as you dont want to be getting up every 5 mins and at the end of the day there running a business to make money. All in all we had a lovely stay, weather was fab and food around town and the hotel was lovely. Thanks to Chris, Kev and all of the guys for a lovely holiday.

Room Tip: All the rooms are overlooking the pool and there are not massive amounts of rooms but we had rooms 3...
1  Thank Elaine B
Reviewed August 18, 2012

What a fun and pleasant hotel. The staff is super! There is a nice pool and the rooms are very large. There is air conditioning for an extra charge, but the hotel is so reasonable that it is not expensive and in the August heat well worth it. The beds are quite firm, but there is very little noise in the area so we slept well. The bar guys are fun and chatty--it was nice to talk about the US with them and learn about Turkey and learn new Turkish words. Thanks for a nice stay!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor with nice breezes and a a view of the pool--I recommend these rooms.
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have just returned from a 3 week stay at the Daystar Apartments. I will start with the good, or not particularly bad points.

Our room was quite large and airy, but basic in the way that seems common in the area. Fridge, some dangerous looking 2 ring electric hob, no toaster etc.

The pool and pool area was really quite pleasant. The pool is quite large and both the pool and the general pool area were well cleaned and hard to fault. Some may find it a bit deep though as the depth ranges from 1.55 - about 1.6 m. My mother at 5 foot 4 wasnt all that comfortable having to be on her tip toes to keep her mouth out of the water.

And now on to the things i wasnt too impressed with.

Within the first few days of our holiday, i went to pull the shower curtain closed and the rail and curtain fell on my head. The rail had already been patched up with tape , but it had just fallen out of the wall socket. I could quite reach to try and fix it myself without standing on a chair so i alerted the woman on reception. I did see someone later in the day walk past carrying the rail but they never came back to even attempt to fix it.

The shelf behind the sink lurched at about a 15 degree angle because the brackets needed tightening. I didnt bother mentioning it to the manager, but it shows that maintenance really isnt a concern at the Daystar.

About 2 weeks into the holiday we started noticing a bad smell from under the sink. A few days after that the floor was flooded. I found that the drain pipe under the sink had come out, i tried to fix it but found that there was actually a part missing and it would never stay in as intended. the maid did come to mop the floor up for us, but at no time despite daily reminders did anybody come to even look at the pipe for us or attempt to fix it. In the end i tied it with some string.

In the first 3 or 4 days of the holiday the impression was that we were in for a decent maid service as the floors were mopped daily, and we had the sheets changed after the second day. This was because there were only after a few rooms occupied. Once the apartments filled up a bit this stopped and they would only mop the floors or change the sheets if you make a point of badgering the manager ( who really was quite moody and ignorant by the way ) and even then reluctantly.

Hot water was an enigma to me. I showered a few times every day, and i think only twice did i have hot water.

I asked for an extra pillow, they said they would send one up . . . never happened.

The bar staff were friendly enough, but be prepared for the 2 managers to constantly badger you to eat in the restaurant and ask if you want drinks every 15 minutes if you are around the pool area. It was worse for us in the first week because we had hardly any company around the place so we were the focus of their attention. One of them also lectured me about how we really should eat at the place where we are stopping. We agreed to eat there one night just to shut them up for a bit, it was on their Turkish night. It was a buffet of meats and salad items, not bad but nothing special followed by their "entertainment". This was really pretty bad. A traditional turkish dance which consisted of the managers and all the bar staff strutting around with pots and pans, one of them was even wheeling a baby chair at the back of the line. Bizarre. Inbetween their dodgy entertainment we were treated to watching most if not all of the barstaff dancing. Some people might like it, but its not my cup of tea. I have seen much much better dancing at most of the other bars in icmeler, these guys are quite amateurish. Also, as most of the staff were involved it wasnt easy to get an over priced drink.

A robot guy arrived at one point, and then stood in the doorway for the length of three songs for some reason. Once he had finished his routine he came around the captive audience with a skull in his hand for tips. Same with the bellydancer, i honestly thought she was going to slap me when i told her i had no change to give her. As gifted as she was, i wasnt going to stuff a 20 lira note in her bra.

When we paid our bill and left they were quite pushy to get us to stay, but we had all had enough at this point and headed down the town for a nicer atmosphere.

Overall, its not that bad . . but there are far better places to stay. They dont seem to understand the concept of self catering and you have no choice but to walk through to bar when leaving so 90% of the time we had to bypass one or the other of them asking us to eat there that evening. Towards the end of the holiday they were quite insistent on us paying our bill from earlier in the day or the previous day as well when priot to that there had been no problem with running a bill up for a few days before we settled it.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've been to turkey many off times and the old village is a lovely place to stay. Club daystar i have stayed at many of times and even with new management i always have a great holiday. There was only three of us this year for my sisters hen party, but arriving at midnight we was made very welcome and continued to thoughout our all holiday. The staff interactive everyday with us and others in the apartments, even to playing pool games, dancing and plenty of entertainment for both older and younger ages. Night entertainment is amazing and so much fun for all to be involed. The apartment it's self was spacious and cleaned daily. We had a issue with our hairdryer that when asked was given a replacement for the week clearly a godsend to us girls. Couldn't fault the people or hotel i think some of these other reviews people have commented on the wrong place!!!! We never felt more welcome from arriving to leaving. Thank you to Chris and Kevin the managers and all your supportive staff. We all will certainly be back.

Room Tip: They are all a good size.. if there are only two on a couples hol the top floor is lovely. a pool vi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

On arriving we were shown to our room which was on the roof area/attic and extremely small with a small sink and hob, and tiny bathroom leading off it. I was not happy to say the least having booked a self catering apartment for me and my partner.
We told the staff we wanted to change and were given a larger more appropriate room, although very shabby and dated it had a big balcony.
The worst part was the bathroom/shower which apart from having no hot water the shower flooded the whole bathroom and soaked the toilet due to half a shower curtain! It was very hot so we didn't mind having cold showers good job!!
Last of all after asking for room cleaning clean sheets & towels they finally did on the fifth day, only changed beds & towels though!! I've never known anything like it!
Apparently the restaurant/bar staff are nothing to do with the apartments but we had to communicate with them as there was only one receptionist and she wasn't. always there. They said there was only one maid too.
I cannot complain about them as they were all great and ran the bar and restaurant/entertainment really well, and made it enjoyable. Food was excellent too, as well as the pool.
Shame about the other service and accommodation. Definitely due a refurbishment!!

• Stayed: August 2012