“Absolutely fantastic! My home from home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Club Aquarium

Club Aquarium
Ranked #15 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
England
“Absolutely fantastic! My home from home!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have just returned from my third stay at Club Aquarium, this time I stayed for 24 nights as I had loved it so much in the past, no amount ever seems to be enough. I still wasn't ready to come home!!
I can't fault a thing about the apartments, they are a good size and extremely clean, shower is good and you have everything you need.
I once again had a top floor apartment and this is my always my preference as the view is gorgeous. Every apartment offers a view of the pools and also a stunning view of Icmeler and you can see all the way down to the sea.
It is about a 10-15 minute walk into the centre but this is not a problem, taxis are cheap enough if you don't fancy the walk some days. Reception will happily phone one for you.
The food and drink is all reasonably priced and very nice. I rarely eat in the evenings but always enjoyed breakfast and lunch.
The staff are all fantastic. I spent a few days on my own in the middle of my stay before a friend came to stay with me for my last week and the staff made an effort to make sure I was ok. I felt a lot more comfortable than I expected. They are a good laugh and couldn't do enough for you. Ali and all the bar staff are brilliant! Miss them already!
Big shout out to Aydin who is lovely and helped me out with any questions I had, the Turkish bath at the sister hotel grand aquarium is amazing!! Well worth the money.. I had two while I was there!
All in all I couldn't say a bad word and I am already planning on going back end of season!
Thank you to everyone at Club Aquarium for a fantastic holiday!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Melstar19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Turkish first
headcorn
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Just back from a week at the Club Aquarium Apartments. The apartments are situated at the far back of Icmeler in a quiet residential area with hills behind and to the side of you. From our apartment on the top floor (3rd floor), you had a outstanding view across the rooftops of icmeler down to the sea and overlooking the two swimming pools.
The apartment itself was off a reasonable size with a double bedroom, a shower room including toilet and wash basin and hair dryer. There is a kitchenette come diner and a balcony that you can sit out on and enjoy the view across icmeler. The kitchenette is reasonably well equipped with 2 hot rings, a microwave, kettle, toaster, plates, cutlery, cups and glasses, pots and pans and a good sized fridge. Good enough to cook a simple meal or breakfast. In the dining area there are a table and chairs that 4 could sit around at a push and 2 armchairs that convert into children's beds. The apartments are cleaned everyday. Air conditioning units are in the diner and bedroom but come at a price of £30 a week.
The staff we found amiable and helpful but some didn't speak English too well, better than my Turkish however. The pools are a bit on the small size and quiet deep for toddlers and small children. We found we had no trouble getting sun beds around either pool. There is a bar set down by the lower pool that is open from approx 8am until the early hours of the morning that is priced reasonably well, a draft Efes costing about 7.40 lira. We were getting a exchange rate of about 3.46 lira to the pound in Icmeler on 27/05/2014. Tip take sterling with you and change in shops in icmeler to get the best rates. There is a restaurant by the lower pool that serves breakfasts, snacks and lunches and evening meals that is also reasonably priced, about 15-20 lira for a lunch pp. there is also a small shop selling essentials and a local shop 10minutes away (ASDA's!). You are given a watch type device which you load with some lira and pay for drinks and food at the bar, restaurant and shop. After each purchase you are given a receipt with the price of your purchase and the balance of your account. The watch can be topped up in reception and at anytime and you get your remaining balance paid back on check out in lira.
The beach is 15-20 walk away. We use to get a taxi back which would cost 10 lira.
Overall these were great little apartments for couples or a family in a nice quiet part of Icmeler. I would go again without hesitation.

Room Tip: The third storey rooms have the best views but the stairs are quite steep to climb.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank bishboshHeadcorn
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Just come home after spending a week in the Club Aquarium with my daughter and what a fantastic time we had too. We would relax around the pool during the day with all the necessary facilities at hand including the pool bar and restaurant and of course, taking in the stunning views.The staff where all so friendly and brought great service and a very warm welcome throughout our stay.The room was lovely, cleaned daily, with fresh towels and bedding, had a balcony overlooking the views and was fully equipped, making self catering easy, although we didn't cook regularly because of the fine selection of food in both hotels and very reasonably priced.The local supermarket was only a 15 minute walk for all local produce at good prices. The beach was an enjoyable 25-30 minute walk also set in the beautiful location of icmeler, with great amenities and very clean.The sister hotel, called The Grand Aquarium was wonderful also for entertainment, which we both thoroughly enjoyed getting involved in, in the evenings. Only a 5 minute walk or a free bus that would collect you at your request to take you there. All the staff were so friendly and helpful and all so entertaining, which brought warmth and laughter and we couldn't have asked for a better service. Both my daughter and I are already looking into returning as soon as possible. We both enjoyed everything and also enjoyed one of many local chosen trips, the horse safari. There is so much to see and do and whether you decide to stay in either hotels, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank cherylmulvanny
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stayed here with my partner for the last week in October. We were self catering and the apartment had everything we needed. Microwave, kettle, hob and all utensils and pans plus cups, plates, glasses and cutlery. Had a lovely time. Staff were really friendly and apartments and grounds kept really clean. There is a little shop on site which only really has essentials but a 5 minute walk and there are little shops about. It took about 25 minutes to walk into icmeler centre which we didn't mind but wasn't very convenient in the dark nights. But we wanted a relaxing holiday so most nights stayed in and cooked ourselves, however it is only 10 lira in a taxi back so a couple days we walked into the centre while it was still light and got a taxi back. Pool was very clean but a little cold as it was October so to be expected. There is a free shuttle bus daily when you need it to take you to the grand aquarium if you want a change of scenery and something a bit busier. Overall these are great apartments for the small price they charge and have all you need :)

• Stayed October 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayedat the sister hotel the grand but we always went up to club nearly every day as the sun is there all day and the views are fantastic yes the rooms are basic but if you wanted a 5 star then you should of stayed at the ritz all the staff are a great help and yes there is a language barrier but we have never found it a problem also the rooms are basic but they are only for sleeping in not spending all day in . Self catering means you cater for yourself there is a shop at the bottom of the road . Maybe if you had of emailed the club or grand and mentioned you were arriving late and if people had asked if they could possibly have milk and water in your room for your arrival then it would of been put there upon your arrival . Both hotels are great to stay at staff go out of your way to help and make your stay enjoyable that's why many people return year after year . Also the journey takes 2 half hours if your travel with a company it's the same everywhere else you go abroad if you book direct through grand or club they sort all transfer out and it takes one and half hours which is good and you don't have loads of people on the bus just yourselves which is brilliant and it makes the journey a lot easier I enjoy turkey and love staying at the grand or the club we also are going back to meet all the friends we made out there in 2013 bring on our next holiday may 2014 :)

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank hazel l
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2013

hi ,these are great apartments ,food is great and barstaff very friendly ,the top pool is lovely and a sun trap with amazing views over icmeler ,I find all staff very friendly and pleasant and sally the manager will go out of her way to help you ,rooms are basic but ok for what you need and are cleaned every day with fresh bedding and towels ,I would definatley stay there again :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank sarah1999_12
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Visited this hotel for 1 week beginning of october, just me and a friend on a girly break, oh my god, never ever ever again, why dont people tell the truth when they visits these places, i dont know where all the good reviews come from. When we arrived at 11.30 at night on a self caterring basis, we didnt have any water, milk or anywhere to eat, bearing in mind we had left luton airport at 2.40pm that afternoon, we were starving and very thirsty, the up to 2 and half hour transfer is a major joke in itself. I just thought that they would have left us some water or milk in our room so at least we could have used the tea bags that i had brought with us could have been used. The beds were so uncomfortable that we had to make up the pull out chair/beds in the lounge, which believe me, were really uncomfortable too. The rooms are so outdated that it totally ruins the holiday, the actual hotel has lovely views and the pools and Jimmi behind the bar are really lovely, everything i asked for on the menu was not available, i got fed up asking for a tuna jacket potato ( pretty basic ) the food wasnt great, the cook tries but the cats on the cooking surfaces, licking the plates kind of put us off a bit!!. I could moan all day about the staff in the reception, they are worse than useless and not very nice, nobody spoke english and they didnt understand anything that we asked for. The Icmelar market was the highlight of our week and i would not ever ever go back and i would reccomend that nobody goes there for a holiday, its a run down dump and im a fan of Turkey.

Room Tip: There arent any good rooms
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends