“Absolutely amazing holiday”

Julian Forest Suites
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
“Absolutely amazing holiday”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from our 2 week stay at the Julian Forest and I can truly say this is one of the best holidays I have had!! We travelled as a group of 12 and all 12 of us have said how much we have enjoyed our stay and would be happy to return in heart beat.
The staff at this hotel are what make this place so special. We were welcomed and treated like one of the family. We made very special friends that we will never forgot. I'd like to mention a few........ Justin, Ritchy, Oktay and Amy did a fantastic job at keeping us all entertained these guys work so hard making sure you are enjoying your stay!!
Big thanks to Gary for sorting us out with a fabulous Turkish bath and massage would definitely recommend one during your stay.
Ali the photographer who captured every moment of our stay with some beautiful photo's. Marie who works for Marmaris gold factory. Now if you are interested in buying gold she is the lady to see and if not she is a lovely british girl who is willing to help you find your feet in Icmeler and around the resort. Such a lovely friendly girl who's happy to help with anything

All bar staff and restaurant staff were fantastic and a big shout out to all the chefs who are very talented at what they do. Could not complain about the food at all. One of the best all inclusive buffets we've ever had! Always something great to eat!! Curries and meat were all delicious. Even the kids who can sometimes be fussy eaters found something to keep them satisfied every day.

I would like to finish off by letting anyone who is worried about the reviews of wasps not to be put off as yes there was a few but they did nor bother us in the slightest. I was a little worried when I read some of the reviews but I can honestly say they did not bother us.

Finally thanks Deniz and your amazing team for giving us a great holiday to remember. Hopefully we will see you all again next year

Stayed July 2014
12 Thank LuckyG123

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed at Julian Forest for two weeks exactly and it was absolutely amazing - we will never forget our time there! What makes a holiday experience even more special is the people and staff. The staff were so hospitable, and they really made us feel welcome in Turkey so much so, that they became like our family. The staff were attentive to our every need, and to name a few, my family and I would like to thank the lady who cleaned our room- she was so kind to us and and worked tirelessly to make it spotless every day. She was like a mother to us all, and we all cried the day we left.We'd like to thank Erkan, and the chefs for making special dishes for my sister and I because we are both vegetarian, so that we had options to choose from too- they were so yummy! We would also like to thank Muhibe, Ozgur, Dogkan, Alperen, Onur, Alperen, Mucahit, Neslihan, Ahmetcan, Sultan, Sinan for making us feel comfortable at the hotel and being so friendly- it really made our stay very special and we have made friends that we will never forget. Muhibe became like our sister and she was always so smiley and helpful as well as the other staff! Lastly, we want to thank the receptionists , especially Siobhan who was very helpful and did her best to answer any questions we had.

There were good meat options for the meat eaters, and if you are vegetarian or have any dietry requirements you can inform the manager of the kitchen or the chefs and they try their best to make something suitable for you. Every time we would sit down to eat we were well looked after and enjoyed every single meal.

The hotel is clean, and the suite that we stayed in was incredibly clean too, and after our day trips out it was really nice to come back to a clean and fresh smelling room, compared to other hotels we have stayed at in other countries where the rooms were dirty and the sink and shower contained hair and dirt.

The location of the hotel is excellent because it's away from the hustle and bustle of Marmaris and is surrounded by picturesque mountains, so the location is rather peaceful, which is an added bonus. Having said that the location is not too far out, because Marmaris and Turunc are only a short bus journey away. The buses (dolmus) can be found by walking a few minutes down the road, and the service runs regularly to Marmaris at cheap prices too, alternatively you could take a water Taxi- It is safe and easy to get around the area.

All in all everybody at this hotel went out of their way for us, which we'll never forget, and the main reason why we enjoyed our holiday so much is because of this hotel and the staff there- who were like one big family. Before flying out we were apprehensive after reading reviews about the wasps, but don't be put off by these reviews, because we didn't have any problems with the wasps, and there is an indoor dining area too. Thank you everybody for making our stay so special and we can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: The double suite is great for families!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Chet R
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We (my parents, sister and I) arrived late in July for a 2 week stay last year in Içmeler and were pleasantly surprised the entire time having left with absolutely no complaints!

Right from the moment we arrived, we were surrounded by friendly and helpful people. We shared a family suite and loved the room- very spacious with all the necessary modern comforts. Despite the obvious language barrier, we also had a great relationship with the lady who cleaned our room who was always smiling!

There are not enough words to describe how much the staff at Julian Forest actually made our stay much more worthwhile... they would all always say hello and it was easy to converse with them despite again some language barriers. Just to name a few, there was Dogukan, Neslihan, Ozgur, Onur, Ahmetcan, Alperen, Sultan and Mucahit. Enjoyed interesting convrsations with Sinan the photographer also (who took some lovley photos for us!) We developed a particularly good friendship with Muhibe who was always wonderfully polite and on hand to help at all times smiling and conversing constantly ensuring we were always comfortable!

The hotel itself was wonderful- no problems at all, and the pool view from the balcony was lovely. Julian Forest is situated in the perfect place..just outside the very busy Marmaris- it is very easy and cheap to get into Marmaris though by simply getting the Dolmus (like a bus). In terms of the food, despite my sister and I being vegetarian, we faced no difficulties with any meals. The chefs were too kind and again polite and smiley- they would also sometimes make us food especially! Erkan was a delight- he would come over to us at all meals just to ensure we were okay.

As soon as we came back to England we were already planning a holiday back to Turkey, with a view of returning only to Julian Forest in mind... although it didnt work out yet, we still hope to return to Julian Forest very soon as we wish to recreate the perfect stay that we had last year!! Xx

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Danita S
Glasgow
Reviewed July 15, 2014

The staff really made the stay worth while,between Gary the stallion (serhat) booking us up for our Turkish bath,and the photographer ally who was really such a friendly man! Richie was a lovely entertainer who made a tremendous effort to sit next to people at dinner time and chat away,which personally I felt was a lovely touch as he could have chose to sit next to the other entertainers rather than guests! Amy never really had much contact with adults but she was amazing and always had the kids very occupied between dancing with them or simply pushing them on the swings! The maid "serap" as we knew her was lovely,not a morning she wouldn't greet you with a lovely smile and a warm hello! She always made a miraculous job of our room which must have took a lot of effort as I constantly had make up and clothes scattered everywhere! Particularly justin though the joker who moved from working on the bar to entertainment team,he was always welcoming and having a joke with us and when I wasn't sure if what drink I wanted he'd mix some stuff together to make a fabulous drink! Honestly a lovely boy and I wish him
The best of luck in his new position!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Xxooxxooxx
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2014

After originally booking last minute with just my wife and I to the Julian club hotel we were after 1 day upgraded to the Julian suites hotel as space was limited this was not due to a complaint just good luck on our behalf.
I have got to say what a time we had even though it is a very intimate place there was so much to do or not if that was the choice if you wanted to relax it had that if you wanted to get involved in activities it had that too.
The staff were very helpful and the entertainment staff were the best i have ever seen a special mention must go to "Justin" who at just 18 showed great maturity one minute he is entertaining kids the next hes having a good laugh with you and all in a very professional manner.
No one likes leaving there holiday destination and this is one we will certainly be returning to with the children !!!

Room Tip: Any room facing the pool !!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Kevin T
Liverpool
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed here in July for 1 week, was unsure what to expect but it was a great find. The location is a little out the way but that's fine as there is buses regularly. The hotel was very clean and rooms where spacious, food was also great with a good with various options dailey. Great for children with a super entertainment team big shout out to (Justin) who my little boy loved. All the staff where great and helpful. Overall a great hotel and would recommend to anyone planning a visit.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Deanjo85
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Julian Forest from 26th June to 4th July 2014 with my boyfriend for my 21st birthday present. I had read all the fantastic reviews before booking so had high expectations when I arrived. My expectations were met and exceeded! I had the best time on holiday here, met some lovely people and would definitely return (not very often I would say that!).

Our room was on the first floor next to reception and we couldn't fault it. It had a sitting area with a tv which was great for my boyfriend as he would watch the football when I was getting ready in an evening. There was tea and coffee and a fridge available. Our bathroom was great, very spacious and clean and the shower was powerful and warm. We had a Juliette type balcony which was fine for us because we didn't spend much time in our room and just hung our swimming stuff on there to dry. The air con was great! Very cool and in fact we the room was cool enough to leave the air con off while we were sleeping. The rooms were cleaned every day and towels changed if you wanted. For pool towels we went to reception every morning where they swapped them for clean ones.

The sun beds were really comfy but you did have to get up early to get one as some people reserved a bed all day and didn't use it once. This was noted one day when the staff made an announcement that if you weren't by your bed in 15 minutes they were taking the towels off the empty ones for the other guests to use.

The entertainment team were so good! We thought we wouldn't be bothered with getting involved in any activities but they really took the time to get to know you and we had fun joining in with the songs and dances and I joined in win the water gym every day. Thanks to Justin and Oktay who really got to know us better. Amy and Richie were great too, lovely people!

The food was great, could not fault it. There was always something different on offer, I was stuck for choice most days. Saying that, you could eat as much as you liked. The wasps aren't as bad as people make out. They are worse between 7:00 and 8:00pm so we usually ate around 8:15-8:30pm. The drinks were great! Lots of choice of cocktails and tuborg beer as well as other alcoholic drinks. My boyfriend did mention that the beer was flat at times but he thinks this was just the type of beer. There was also Lipton ice tea (my fave, I was in my element) pepsi and other soft drinks. The ice cream bar was great! Lots of different flavours.

Great atmosphere, really friendly with other guests. There were some Dutch guests who were watching Holland in the World Cup and the atmosphere was great for this. You really found yourself rooting for holland and joining in. Holland won their match and the bar staff hung the Dutch mans top up behind the bar!

I could not fault this hotel and would recommend to family and friends. Thank you Julian Forest for making my 21st birthday extra special!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple