“Brilliant Holiday!”

Mersoy Exclusive Aqua Resort
Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I recently went on holiday to Icmeler with 7 friends and we stayed at the Mersoy Exclusive, we had an amazing holiday! The hotel was lovely rooms were reasonably sized, had balcony, tv, fridge and lovely bathroom. The food was nice for the first couple of days however it got a little boring after that it was nice just repetitive. The pool area was lovely and always clean. The thing that made the holiday though had to be the entertainment team and the bar staff! They constantly made sure we were enjoying ourselves and had lots of fun things for us to do during the day and night. They even organised a night out in Marmaris, and made sure we had a brilliant time and got back to the hotel safe! So a big thanks to Hakan, Okan, Can, Chuck and Rachel for playing a big part in making our holiday fun! We also spent a lot time in the Bistro Med bar thats connected to the hotel, it's a brilliant bar that makes you feel so welcome all the staff are so friendly and fun! Absolutely loved this holiday!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Before we went to the Mersoy Executive Hotel, we read all the comments about the rooms etc. these were all true - hotel double booked. At the reception to book in we were told we were in the Bellavista suites - good that sounds super. We were shown our room across the road - up to the fourth floor - not the best of rooms shabby - and up in the eaves. Why were we there - we wanted to be in the main hotel. Went down to the receptionist to see if we could change rooms as we weren't happy told he didn't know why we were put there - said come back next day. Next day we were told no rooms available perhaps come back next day !!! And also we were informed we are not allowed to use Bellavista pool facilities as we are All Inclusive no sense at all althogh our room was there..No sense they couldn'd understand us!!! So unpacked and just stayed where we were. It was the most disorganised hotel we had ever been to - everybody complaining and changing rooms.Entertainment sacked for no reason on our first week and they had been great ! Perhaps the reason was they spoke too much English and not Russian. Icmeler is a lovely area but avoid this hotel. We found the management very ignorant not worried about the guests but loved themselves - are all Turkish management like this. Lovely guests staying at the Mersoy Exclusive everybody had their own moans and groans - but we were still confused with our holiday were we MERSOY EXCLUSIVE or MERSOY BELLAVISTA !! We are both retired - love going on holiday - but don't need all this hassle !!! AVOID THE MERSOY !!!!
Sue and Geoff

Room Tip: Just do not go there you want get the room you asked for !!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sue T
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Hi just back from holiday yesterday and not got much to say good about this hotel. When we arrived we were shown to our room that only had two single beds in it but there was myself my husband and my 13 year old son .They gave us a fold down bed that collapsed when my son sat on it, after a lot of arguing they finally gave me a proper bed for him but it meant all the beds were together and there wasn't any room to move, you had to climb over the beds to get to the other side of the room.
The first few days were great thanks to the entertain group Hakan,Okan,Can and rachel the other staff did there best but managemaent always seemed to be unhappy with them. We arrived on the friday and the following wednesday they had sacked them when we asked the managemant what was happening they walked away without answering.After that everything went down hill. The food had been ok up till then but even that changed, breakfast was always nice and lunch was the same everyday but the dinner at night was terrible.
The hotel was 80% russians and everything was for them.They were allowed to do what they wanted but if the british did the same they were told to stop.The kids were playing with a soft ball in the pool and having a good laugh but were told to stop they were annoying the people at the pool but the only people there were the kids families and we were enjoying watching them,later on that day they even asked the kids to stop laughing and swim quietly.They came across as they didn't want chidren there but they don't advertise it as no kids.
The new entertainmet were trying there best but they couldn't speak english except for Baha so we were left out when doing quizzes and games.Baha got the kids doing games and the adults doing water aerobics and it was a great laugh thank you Baha.
I would not advice anyone to go to this hotel, Icmeler great but not this hotel.
fiona alex &paul

Room Tip: If still going you need to be in the A block the one with the reception
2  Thank fiona n
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thanks for your review.

However I should dispute with the points you raised and I find them completely unfair. We do not hire or sack the entertainment team. We outsource the entertainment from a different company and they are the ones who brought them to the hotel and they are the ones who changed them. Blaming the hotel with no valid reason and writing an unfair review as such is what is unfair.

I am sorry but which manager did you ask about the entertainment team? We are three managers here and one owner, none of us were asked by anyone why they were changed and also you did not ask us as you mention in your email. That is why you did not get an answer. Once again, nor it was our decision. We were also unhappy with the change.

It is also a shame that you changed your mind about the hotel just due to the fact that the entertainment team was changed. No other staff is changed in this hotel by us during the season, which are our employees, not outsourced ones.

I hope this message find you well and understand that it is not us to blame.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2012

The hotel was basic but clean maybe 3 star?, any problems were delt with which was good, the food was ok too but what did make the hoilday was the entertainment Hakan, Okan, Can and Rachel were great fun, hard working and a massive asset to the hotel, the guys on the bar and waiters were also lovely hard working and very friendly.

Alison & Dan

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alison l
Reviewed July 5, 2012

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL. There were 4 of us as a family who booked a family room however when we arrived at this hotel it was not available but said we would get it 10am the next morning which we said ok to as it was ealry hours and wanted to go to bed. We were given two seperate rooms so my mum and sister where in one on the first floor and me and my nanna were 3 floors above and when i got to this room the air conditioning didn't work, there was a generator on, a dead bird on the balcony and the door wouldn't lock so my nanna and i didn't get any sleep, We spent the night in there and went back to reception at 10am to be moved to our family room to find that it still wasn't available so my nanna and i were moved to a different room and to a different block which we were not happy about as were were separated from my mum and sister. So the next morning we went back down and we were given our family room which we booked and was lovely.Also the staff we spoke to were very arrogant and rude. Having said all of that the food was great and bar staff were great.

1  Thank Natalie M
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Myself & 3 friends stayed in the mersoy exclusive in may & had a brilliant holiday. a few weeks following our return I realised I had lost a purse with 2 gold bracelets inside. I realised I must have left these behind in Turkey , so e mailed the hotel, not really thinking they would have been found . A prompt e mail back assured me that my belongings had been found & were safe , & asked how I wanted to have them returned I was absolutely delighted & couldn't thank the staff enough. Luckily a friend was staying in the resort & was able to collect the items for me
it certainly has restored my faith in human nature The holiday was great & we really did enjoy ourselves, what happened following our return was the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank marilynr r
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Returned 28th june from the beautiful town of Icmeler,staying at the Mersoy Exclusive.Had a wonderful time mainly due to the friends we met and the fantastic entertainment and bar staff.Unfortunately Hakan,his wife Rachel,Can,Chucky and my wee pal Ocan were sacked for the third and final time on our last day.A sad ending to our holiday.The rooms were clean enough ,with towels and linen changed daily.Drink and food were typical of A.I hotels.However menu tended to favour the Russian guests with fish heads on menu EVERY day.Dinning area inside was quite small considering that the Exclusives sister Hotels ate there too.There was a seating area outside if you could put up with the flys,bees and wasps.My only complaint with the hotels was the cleanliness or lack of it of the table covers.I never once saw them being changed no matter how much food was left on them.THEY WERE ALSO FOLDED AWAY AT THE END OF THE NIGHT AND BROUGHT BACK THE NEXT DAY IN THE SAME STATE.!!!The hotel is possibly changing its name next year.On the last week there was a large influx of Russian guests.They filled their plates ,tupperware boxes and bags to excess at meal times and didnt seem to know what a queue was at the bar.An arrogant lot indeed.The owners seem to favour them indeed the pool music changed to Russian.I would return to Icmeler but not to the Mersoy.