“Brilliant”

Ranked #23 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Edenbridge, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We went in a group of 7 adults with learning disabilities and 3 staff. The food choice was limited but we always found plenty to eat. There wasn't one member of staff that anything negative could be said about. It was the 1st week of the season so the entertainment was only just starting as we left but there are plenty of places you can go in town or Marmaris if that's what you want to do. Everyone we came across spoke directly to our residents, if only the same could be said in this country. I had never been to Turkey before but would definately this hotel and Icmeler to stay in. Would definately go there again if I wanted to stay in Icmeler.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joanne M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Well hello. We stayed here in october 2012. The weather was good. Anyway lets see. I enjoyed the food and i like my grub. The desserts were to die for. I took some nice clothes for the restrant but after looking for it i discoverd it was a few tables and chairs stuck out the front near the beach! scruffy and how they get away with selling that as part of the holiday i will never know. I was looking forward to pretending to be posh! The entertainment was a insult! there was a turkish Elvis in a stupid mask dancing around for 10 min the same bloke the next night trying to juggle, after this i did not bother i had lost the will to live. the room was o.k. but i could hear the lift going up and down all night, and i found it hard to sleep. We made the mistake of going to the hotel next door. What a contrast. real entertainment, a lovley atmospher all for a extra £100 i wish i would have known. The resort itself is lovley. I myself would not recomend this hotel. read lots of reviews you could find much better.

Room Tip: Do not get a room at the end over the bar area. This is near the lift and it may disturb your rest a...
7 Thank christine b
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Where do I start with this hotel? I have stayed in all different types of hotels from five star down to hostels but this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I can only say that the bathroom was a complete joke having to squeeze alongside the toilet to be able to shut the door to get into the bath, not that you could have a bath as there was no plug in the bath or basin. The bath was extremely slippery and wet having been painted over with gloss paint about 5 or 6 times at least and had a huge split in it. We had asked for the air conditioning to be put on and when we raised this to reception one of their favourite words throughout the holiday was "out of contract". This seemed to be their excuse for everything throughout the whole holiday. The minibar in our room only had two cartons of water and this was supposed to last the duration of our two week holiday. Other 4 star hotels that I have stayed at the minibar has been stocked constantly throughout the holiday.
The second day we had to even resort to going into an empty room just to get some toilet paper. Throughout the whole holiday food was not up to scratch and was barely warm, was not the best quality either, it was the same choices each day only given a different label i.e. cauliflower in cheese sauce, next day cauliflower in white sauce, then the following day labelled cauliflower cheese (same thing in my opinion).
The so called entertainment was either a CD playing or one of the guests children doing a mime act of Micheal Jackson which after he would come round the tables expecting people to give him money.
When we booked for this hotel we asked for a room with a pool and sea view. In our view we could just about see the sea through the trees, when we complained and asked to be moved we was told that there were no rooms available and that you could see the sea and pool. The person at reception pointed out that we could see a pool however this was the pool from the hotel next door not L'Etoiles pool. All in all I'm sorry to say this is more like a 1 star not a 4 star.
Beautiful location such a shame about the hotel. Massive let down

Room Tip: top floor room have been refurbished but do not like to rent these ones out. All lower floor rooms a...
10 Thank Kevin G
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Before I went on this holiday I was told that there would be great entertainment, great markets and things for the kids to do but, I was extremley disappointed, when I got there, the receptionists were fine, not the best but they were helpful at first. The rooms were ok but the bathrooms were a little dirty and there was human hair left in the bath and on the bathroom floor but the floor in the main bedroom was mopped and the towels and sheets were changed everyday. When we went down for dinner there was not much choice, throughout the week we lived on greasy chips, salad and spaghetti bologniase. There was no entertainment on, apart from 2 games of bingo, 10mins of belly dancing and 10 mins of a man throwing bottles around, I was really not happy as I travelled with two young children that were very bored. Throughout the week some VIPS came into the hotel for meals and drinks (I believe they were the bosses family), none of the guests who were paying to be there were getting served, there was dirty glasses left around and everybody else was getting no attention whatsoever. The hotel was closing around us, it felt like a ghost town. There were a handful of waiters that were very kind and helpful but the majority of waiters kept looking at young girls bodies and other womens bodies, which I found very offensive and uncomfortable, they were also serving young girls alcohol and put vodka in girls drinks when they didn't ask for it, when people complained to the manager his response was 'I know what you english girls are like', which a lot of people in the hotel were not happy about, The receptionist was not helpful by the time my holiday ended, I was disgraced by the behavior of the waiters as one had caused a family to go home early, another mother was very upset and a few other familys holidays had been ruined. I was only there a week but I saw and heard enough to say I will NEVER go back.

Room Tip: I would advise people who go to Turkey, DO NOT visit the The L'Etoile Hotel especially if there...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Cloe J
HAMPSHIRE
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went the second week October,weather lovely! hotel room bright & clean we were in 428 lovely view over the bay and pool,only pain was the air con it was on between 2pm-8pm and if it worked you were lucky(wouldnt like to be there in summer season)really needs fixing:(((. no problem with food buffet style just got bit boring but plenty lovely restaurants around,alcohol spirits were brandy gin or vodka and beer Efes that it... pool lovely although spent most days on beach,just walk through dining room and your there!!! Agree with most reviews about entertainment could be much better.

Room Tip: forth floor facing pool and bay lovely views, but hotel not on main roads so no traffic noise,
1 Thank TOPSY21
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We went October half term, and by the middle of the week the resort was like a ghost town!!! The L'Etoile hotel was starting to look slightly shabby, but our room was clean and tidy. Towels were changed on most days, and cleaned daily. The food was very poor, hardly any choice, except chips,spagetti, and some bizarre veg offerings. There was a meat dish which would turn up on another day. Salad was repetetive in choice. It was very boring and bland. The local turkish people were very friendly and we shared a taxi with a council worker going to Turunc who made the taxi driver charge us all 6TL rather than the 35TL he had wanted to charge. Getting around was easy as there is a good bus service. Marmaris we found was scruffy compared to Icmeler and the shop owners alot more aggresive, so be aware!! Nice 1 1/2 hour walk back to Icmeler via a sea walk if your not in a rush. Can recommend the Turkish bath tour, but don't fall for the owner saying the masseuse has found you need extra massage for an extra price, he said it to everyone in our party...I fell for it, but it was gorgeous!!! Definitely going back to Icmeler but won't be staying at the L'Etoile Hotel again.

1 Thank Alison W
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here Oct 18th to 26th and we were really disappointed. The whole hotel looks like it needs redecorating and it looked shabby in many areas. Definitely not worth the 4*s thomas cook gave it! The rooms were 'cleaned' daily - meaning the bed was made and the bin was emptied, the floor not touched once in the week. The food was rubbish! Nothing like the pictures, hardly any choice and if you wanted dessert at 8pm you had no chance as they had all ran out. The entertainment if that's what you call it, was ridiculous. One of the entertainers was really rude from the first night as we didn't want to go on the pub crawl. On bingo night the two of them shared the bonus money between them which should be the prize. The 'gym' had two treadmills with ripped belts, the chest press didnt work as the cable was broken, so it only consisted of a cheap exercise bike and a couple of light weights in a dull setting. The bar had very limited choice and on the last night we noticed all the seals had broken on all the vodka bottles on the shelf behind him which he wasn't using at that time.
Positives are that the waiting staff were lovely and icmeler is a beautiful pace. We will be returning but definitely not at this hotel!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel! We asked for a sea view and were told we got one, it wasn't! We looked...
1 Thank Globetrotter2011_12