“Very good hotel, customer service needs serious attention”
Review of Marti La Perla

Marti La Perla
Ranked #38 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
merthyr tydfil
“Very good hotel, customer service needs serious attention”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just back from a very enjoyable holiday at what could be an excellent hotel, if a few improvements were made. The hotel and grounds are lovely, and really clean, but the staff are lacking in customer service. I asked for extra pillows three times on 3 consecutive days. They arrived after the first week. We had problems with the room safe. After asking twice, they sent someone up, who said it was repaired, it wasn't, and one of the receptionists eventually sorted it out at 11.00pm in the night. I was worried as all of our valuables were locked in the safe and we couldn't open it, which was panicking me. There wasn't room in the restaurant to sit down on a couple of occasions, and everything was chaotic. I appreciate that it was the start of the season, and they had just opened, but they were also putting down carpet, and putting new furniture out, and painting walls, and putting new mattresses on beds. This should have been done prior to opening. Also, the lifts were diabolical as they kept on breaking down. We have good mobility and could use the stairs, but there were lots of elderly guests who couldn't. Having said all of the above, we did enjoy our holiday immensly due to the positioning of the hotel, and the loveliness of Icmeler and surrounding area. The Animation staff work hard with very little resources, and we met some lovely people. We would definitely go again, as the grounds are beautiful, and hopefully next time the problems will have been sorted out. A good course in customer care wouldn't go amiss.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the swimming pool, and also the sea, which was lovely. It was also quiet. We wer...
3 Thank melmerthyr
Martiresortdeluxe, Guest Relations Manager at Marti La Perla, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Melmerthyr

We are Guest Relations department of the Martı La Perla at İçmeler.

Thank you very much for your kind review and rating. We chaged our program and now better service in all service department.

If I ever may be of assistance in the future within Martı Resort La Perla İçmeler please let me know, my email address is resort.gr@marti.com.tr

Cordially,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Turkish first
Sunderland
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Arrived late but to a welcoming reception.
Room was on top floor and was nice and clean.
Food is good but restaurant can get busy so get in early. You get one free visit to the two al a carte restaurants, I would recommend you book these as soon as you get there as these tend to get booked up straight away.
The pool area is nice and clean. We had the full use of the pool as no one tended to use it. The entertainment at the hotel is ok but we tended to sit away from it and sit with a few drinks.
The location of the hotel is great, right on the beach and you get the use of the hotels beach towels.

Would defiantly return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Andrew W
Dear Andrew W,

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was our second visit to the La Perla after a wonderful stay last year. The hotel has undergone a re-vamp and as we were there carpets were still be laid and new furnishings to lobby area. our room was clean, spacious and had lovely views. The staff were helpful and friendly however check in was very chaotic and dis organised. The food was good with plentiful salads but can become repetitive after first week. The entertainment is not of a high standard and at times borders on juvenile however nights with live acts and Turkish dancing was quite entertaining the animation team in particular Lena and Egor are enthusiastic, friendly and go out of there way to include everyone.
What was a disappointment is the decision midway through our stay to remove cocktails from the all inclusive list and start charging for them also altering position of tea and coffee making machines so guests could not help themselves anymore but had to ask staff therefore queues built up. Although they were small points none could explain to me why these changes had been made.

1 Thank keith_taylor510
Dear keith_taylar510

We are Guest Relations department of the Martı La Perla at İçmeler.

Thank you very much for your kind review and rating. With your permission I would love to share it with the team. We serve all our guest more variant of coctails.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

we have just come back from staying at Marti La Perla and thought it was a very nice hotel , adults only . We arrived at 5 in the morning and was dropped off a couple of hundred yards from the hotel as the bus couldnt get down there. There was someone there to meet us and take our cases to our room. The food was plentiful albeit much the same most days but very enjoyable , something for everyone and there was snack bar as well at lunch time which served hot dogs, burgers and pizzas which was very nice and was waiter service . We ate at the Italian Al a Carte restaurant which was very good and tasty and the creme` brulee was delicious .In the afernoon you could have an ice cream if you wanted one and a little later tea and cakes were served . The staff were all very freindly and helpful , and our Thomson rep was there every morning as well and was very helpful . There were plenty of sun beds in the hotel grounds and on the beach ,most had umbrellas with them . It is being refurbished but it didnt interfere with our stay. The hotel is in a bay surrounded by mountains and is very picturesque.They had a few games throughout the day and some entertainment at night which wasn`t too bad . All in all we had a really relaxing holiday there

3 Thank val r
Dear val r,

Thank you very much for your kind review and rating. With your permission I would love to share it iwith the team and specially with the Service employees.

If I ever may be of assistance in the future within Marti La Perla please let me know, our email address is resort.gr@marti.com.tr

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Just come back from my first ever visit to turkey -the hotel was clean and the staff where extremely helpful we arrived at 3am and one of the beds was not done they quickly fixed this, after reading some reviews I was abit concerned but I could not be more wrong, the food was basic but plentifully the hotel manager always had time for us going out of his way to ask how we were, we called him Charlie the Italian and turkey al a cart is a must well worth a try you can go on either for 1night has part of your all inclusive, even though work was on going with in the hotel it didnt impact on your day - if you book through first choice/thomson dont expect to see your rep - a visit to the majestic just pass the hotel is a must and if you want bags shoes or purses then at the end of the road is hasam hes has everything very cheap and better value then the main resort

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank traceyjan
Dear traceyjan,

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The location is outstanding but you pay for this with a 3 hour transfer. I can't see why they do not use a mini bus when there were so few of us to drop off in Icmeler. This was on top a of a four hour flight and a dodgy stop for a comfort break. I can understand the comfort break on the return journey but not at 1am when all you want to do is get to the destination. Its about 45 -50 mins in a mini bus.
The hotel has only just re opened to customer the Thursday before we arrived on Saturday/Sunday. The place was clean and throughout the week the work continued to get carpets down and a few small jobs completed. I heard workman with a pneumatic tool at 0615 am but on investigation found it to be in an adjacent building.
The staff were fantastic and greeted you with a smile followed by a is there anything i can do for you. Nothing seemed to be too much. Yousef was the day time barman and he would knock up a cocktail whenever you asked. It was standard, local brew was free but if you wanted branded you had to pay.
The entertainment team were put together on the Thursday and led by Alex (who loves himself) they worked very hard to entertain their guests and get some involved. I think they do a splendid job.
The only thing that spoiled the week for me was the food. the head chef needs a recipe book and some seasoning and he needs them now! On day one I looked and thought it was interesting. I also thought they would have theme nights and they did. The theme was the same food. You would see chicken, fish, veal and lamb(?) in various forms and it was boring and repetitive. The plates for the cooked food were cold and for the deserts were hot. Simples. Although they had A la carte for Turkish and Italian on the terrace I was only able to get in the Italian as the Turkish was closed. Having said that the food in the so called Italian a la carte was poor. How can you ruin pasta? My dish of choice was a seafood pasta dish with the seafood having come out of a freezer. I have never seen it served quite like that. I thought it was a soup. Yet, as always others raved about it so it is down to taste or perhaps where you are from. I suspect the eastern europeans would enjoy the food better .
Myself and a few other guest spoke with the hotel customer relations manager. She asked for feed back and we gave it to her. I can say she looked shocked but I would expect this level of food from a 2* but the Marti La Perla is one of a chain of established hotels.
If I read a review in the future that states they have a grill bar/carvery, seafood bar, pasta bar and at least one Turkish dish for each evening meal then I will come back despite the transfer.

Room Tip: Second floor with sea view if you like morning sun and with partial sea view if you like the evening...
2 Thank dannycraddock
Dear dannycraddock,

We start to serve more variant of meal.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

When my sister and I arrived (after an transfer time of 1.45mins) at midnight the hotel appeared desolate and empty. However, the next morning we were told the hotel had only been open for 4 days. As the week progressed, carpets were being pu5 down in corridors and furniture began to appear in the public areas. We asked to change rooms as ours overlooked the back of the hotel onto the street and we had no air con. Room change was no problem, but the air on didn't come on until the end of our week there. Like the previous reviewer we found the food to be a bit samey, but plenty of salad foods and some lovely breads. Plentiful alcoholic drinks available, schwepps tonic water used in G &T made a difference, local beer good, and plentiful tea and coffee. afternoon icecream available and tea and biscuits/cakes in the afternoon. Both the Turkish and Itqlian restaurants were free to eat in, and worth a visit, but I really wouldn't have been happy to pay extra for them.
The hotel was lovely and clean in all areas , it really looks as if from pevious reviews that the hotel has under gone a major revamp, new bathrooms, furniture, carpeting.
Hotel is definitely geared towards older adults as opposed to under 30s.
Used he beach a couple of times, plenty of very comfortable, clean sunbeds. 30 second walk to beach from hotel outside bar. Nice to lay by the sea enjoying a cold beer or glass of wine. Iclemer beach is lovely and clean.
Would I go here again? Probably not as there are so many other lovely places in turkey to visit.

Room Tip: Sea view definitely worth the extra - we were in 305, directly looking over the pool and sea, but th...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank tinytinaOxfordshire
Dear tinytinaOxfordshire,
We are sorry that at the begining of the season a low level service.