“a great 2 weeks”

Babadan Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed August 27, 2013

got home on the 19 aug.
travelled with husband and children aged 14 and 10.
the babadan has a great family atmosphere.
rooms are basic and the bedding has seen better days.
our apartment overlooked the childrens pool and was quiet at night.
the food here is really good ,so the chef gets a pat on the back/and is reasonably priced.
i agree with previous comments about the reps and will say no more.
3 pools which are lovely and kept clean.
staff were great ,very helpful
we had a lovely 2 weeks at the babadan
next time would get a larger apartment as we found a one bedroom a bit of a squeeze with 2 growing children.

Room Tip: rooms near the childrens pool are quieter at night and have a nice view.try rooms 49 or50
2  Thank cath f

Reviewed August 27, 2013

we have just returned from a 3week holiday in the babadan apt and we miss it already.it was a great location ,it was clean ,the staff were friendly and no task was to big or too small.we were about a 20minute walk from the beach but if you know the area this walk is well worth it.icmeler is a breath of fresh air from its neighbouring town Marmaris.we stayed here last year and everyday was a pain with every shop owner and restaurant owner was in your face.

Room Tip: back swimming pool,best rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wickersworld2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I have been coming to Icmeler for 11 years and when I found out that the apartments I usually stay in were fully booked I panicked! Knowing the area, I wanted somewhere close to the usual apartments as I was travelling/ staying on my own.

I arrived early in the morning and the staff were waiting to greet me. Very friendly and helpful. The man helped me up the stairs with my case, as there was no lift and made sure I settled in straight away. I paid for a safe which was £2 a day, I thought very reasonable.

My room was on the first floor and very modern. I had a good sized balcony, looking over the pool.

Aircon was £5 per day which I didn't get at first however, I caved in after 3 days and paid £20 for the remainder of my stay.

I had no problems during my stay and would definitely choose to stay here next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank sophiehunter26
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Got back today stayed there before several years ago friendly family atmosphere with no hassle prices same as resort staff good, but Warning Max can get very angry, I tried to throw him him the pool an he threatened me in front of people around pool ( no contest I can assure you).
Rooms basic but kept clean, warning some rooms you will find you will have to empty the overflow bottle from the air conditioning to avoid leaking into your room!
Having said that Filliz always reacted swiftly when I was having problems with this.

Reps ! From Thomson less said.

Overall I would go back we had a fab time apart from air con problem an a rude member of staff.a double balcony room No18 ask for it if you intend to go.

Mike Liverpool

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Came back about a week ago after staying in this lovely friendly hotel.
Staff were brilliant; so friendly and helpful. Cannot recommend them highly enough.
Room was small, on the ground floor. I had read so many reviews about the attic rooms being bad that even though the room was tiny, I was relieved I wasn't in one of the 'terrible' attic rooms. However, on the last day we used a vacant attic room to shower in before leaving, and we were amazed to find it was so much nicer than our room had been. Much bigger, brighter, bigger bathroom, bigger lounge, bigger bedroom and furniture in the right rooms!!
Wish we'd had one of these rooms. Still never mind.

Hotel is fairly small, so 3 pools is actually really generous for the number of people.
There are always sunbeds available, in fact, there are enough that you can follow the sun or the shade around as you please.

Thompson reps were a bit of a let down. No real involvement with guests or entertainment. However my 6 year old really enjoyed the kids club (Be warned, Limited places!)

However, as mentioned the hotels own staff were great.

There is a little shop in the hotel open 24hrs a day! 5litres of water for 2TL (67p ish), and ice creams for a similar amount or less.

Only real complaint was that the room was only cleaned once in a week.

Thoroughly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Attic rooms are bigger,
1  Thank VivJ11a
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Came home yesterday from a fantastic holiday at Babadan, and really didn't want to leave!! the location of the babadan is great.
All the staff were extremely helpful, had fun around the pool and were just genuinely lovely people.
Max, Mustafa and Alper to name a few.
The food was very nice, my son wouldn't eat anywhere else!!!
I cannot wait to go back :-)

Room Tip: We were put in an attic room to start with, which didn't suit us but not saying that they wouldn...
1  Thank Carlene165
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Just got home after a week In this hotel. What lovely, friendly, clean quaint little family run place. The staff are second to none for their friendliness and accommodation in all that they do. Ok, the rooms are small but spotlessly clean, hey you only sleep in them. The pool area is very small and loses the sun by 5ish, which isn't a major. The bar and restaurant are again clean and you are well looked after, the food is really good and not over expensive at all. Now, my only complaint is the breakfasts, if you don't like eggs then you are scuppered!!! It's not a buffet style it's a very very limited menu, eggs and toast!!!! I feel this totally lets the hotel down, however, the full English is spot on at a mere £2!!! But I've already paid for breakfast and I would much prefer a wider variety of choice. Would I stay here again? Without hesitation, I fully recommend the Babadam.

• Stayed: August 2013