“Perfect location, amazing staff! Brilliant holiday, so sad to leave!”

Mirage World Resort Hotel
Ranked #35 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
“Perfect location, amazing staff! Brilliant holiday, so sad to leave!”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I stayed here with my mum for 2 weeks in august. It was our first time in Turkey and firstly the location of it was great because it was situated on a strip of shops and the beach which was a very short wall away.

The hotel itself was recently refurbished in a lovely clean modern way. Some things could have been improved but they're only tiny, picky things like how straight fittings were put on.
Our room was a twin room, quite small but fine seeing as you're only sleeping it in, shower was great and bathroom was nice and clean.
Cleaners tidied room everyday and changed towels and would always make a pretty design with the blanket which was nice to come up to everyday.

Swimming pools were always cleaned in the evenings and we managed to always have sunbeds by 8:00. Staff always helped us to get them and umbrellas if they were stacked too high, always willing to help.

Food for me is something I love and the food here was okay. Started to feel repetitive into the second week of our stay but if you're willing to try new things you'll be alright. They was a huge variety but not all of which I chose. There was always someone making eggs how you liked and pancakes (WHICH WERE AMAZING, they tasted so good, probably my favourite food in the hotel). The variety was so large that there was always at least something you would like as obviously it is hard to cater to hundreds of different tastes on a large scale without wasting loads. Always something available all day: breakfast, late breakfast, lunch, snacks, tea & cakes, dinner, night snacks/soup service.
Drinks also had a good variety, water, juices, tea, hot chocolate and coffee were available fr self service machines. All soft drinks and alcohol had to be ordered at the bar. Was surprised to see coca cola and not Pepsi at the bar which made me happy!

The staff were all so lovely and friendly, always playing around and having a laugh whilst working hard. Mehmet especially was amazing on the bar by the first pool, so funny and hard working! The only female on that bar also was so lovely and sweet.
We arrived at around 4:30am and were greeted by the receptionist who was lovely and jokey and the bellboy who carried our bags to our room.

Hotel was very clean with cleaners in the room everyday as I said earlier and glasses and plates were always being cleared quickly.

On our last few days we had some strong winds (was lovely to have in the heat haha) but they did occasionally blow over glasses by the pool which were cleaned up quickly by staff. Same with some umbrellas blowing over but the staff immediately ran over to check everyone was okay (which they were). They did seem concerned to ensure everyone was having a great, safe time. The entertainment team were the Suneo Club members, I went to a few events. The pool party was greats other entertainment was okay to watch if you had nothing else to do. Always had pool games and things in the pool with the slides.

Okay I've rambled so much because I had a lovey time. Will definitely be returning with friends next year! We were so sad to leave but had hugs whilst saying our goodbyes and almost missed our coach because of it haha! I hope to see some of them next year! Wish I was still there!

• Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Soraya O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed August 19, 2014

ROOM: Lovely modern newly refurbished room. Request a pool view on a high floor for the best view. Good air con. Very poor sound proofing. Could have done with more than one pillow each. No soap in bathroom. Useful fridge. Nice balcony. Great free wi-fi.

FOOD: Good selection of food to choose from. Standard range for all inclusive. Watch out for the constant slippery floor from the leaking bar area in the restaurant , I slipped up and hurt myself and I saw many others do the same.

DRINKS: Very poor selection of alcoholic drinks on all inclusive. No cocktails available. Good selection of soft drinks.

POOL: Lovely pools and sun terrace. However a little too crowded. Unfortunately to get a sunbed you have to get up by 8:30 each day. Sun beds are very comfortable.

STAFF: Friendly and approachable.

ENTERTAINMENT: Suneoclub team were good fun. Great range of activities to try. Loved the pool party with live DJ.

LOCATION: Very good position, close to shops, bars and beach.

Overall a good experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view on a high floor in block C.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SunnySeekers
catrine
Reviewed August 15, 2014

well well well where do i start the room we got was not one on the brochure very small no drawer space gaps round doors the finish of these rooms are a disgrace although some rooms are new not ours bar staff at bottom pool good not good upstairs hotel clean enough now for the main one the food was absolutely disgusting dining hall too small for all the people that were there no atmosphere recycled food morning noon and night i am scottish but to listen to music from braveheart every time you went in? i heard they changed the kitchen staff halfway through our 10 days pity it wasnt at the start it improved for one day then went down again another thing i didnt like was the owner walking about every day like the mafia scowling at everyone entertainment at night upstairs dire all in all hotel in good location 50 yards from beach clean enough some staff ok? but food a big let down i dont normally write as long a review as this but was very disappointed i personally think thomson should remove this hotel from their brochure p.s. thanks shirley and keith for making our holiday more bareable

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank catrinerangers
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Firstly i wish to thank serkan for looking after us and being so helpful. And nevin mira for making our room lovely every day. The hotel has two large pools & two small. Clean and modern rooms freshly decorated (not like pics on here). The hotel its self is in a great position. The beds comfy. Only critisism is there needs to be draws in rooms for more storage. Food was fantastic, chefs were kind. There were the usual bay maries with food in. There was an amazing section of fresh fruit & salads. And also daily there are fresh pizzas or pittas. You can also cook pasta to order ( the pesto is amazing! ) please take the time to say please & thank you, you will receive better service. Unfortunately the hotel was full of rude germans that made demands without a simple please or thanks and this was distressing and clearly upset the staff. Generally, i would say everything was good, and well worth the money paid. Anyone saying too crowded, not nice food etc is clearly mad and walking around with eyes shut. Remember you get what you pay for!!! If you want luxury 5 star, pay for it! Thank you mirage world, i would love to come back.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank misssugar1
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Small to crowdy. Too many people in a too small hotel. I do not recomend this hotel in July or August.Diner: be there before 19.30. If you want to sit outside (10 tables) be there at 18.30. 3 stars, not 4. Personal not motivated and asked for tip-money. If you want to sit at the pool, make shure that you are there at 8 o clock sharp.

Room Tip: choose a familyroom.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sylvana69
uk
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

What can I say, brilliant hotel, I'm going to try not to repeat what has already been said but this is my experience of the hotel.

We arrived around 1700hrs, check in was quick and easy, we were taken to a room on the ground floor of block C (I think) it was the block by the restaurant overlooking the top pool. Our room was on the ground floor at the back, we were horrified when we saw it, room was small, had single beds which we could cope with, the problem was that our view was a wall appx 5 inches from the balcony, we went back to reception to ask to Change rooms and I think they were expecting it, there was no problem and we were taken to a room on the second floor of block B which is the small block overlooking the smaller pool at the front. It was perfect, larger and brighter than the first with a double bed and a lovely view. We noticed others were taken to the same block when they arrived and a few mins later they were going back to reception so it seems that they try to put people in these rooms to start and Change them if they complain (if there are any rooms left)

Staff were fab, worked long hours and didn't complain. Mehmet and Anjan in the lower bar were excellent, couldn't do enough for the guests and there were a few moaners there.

We found the first week some other bar staff in the lower bar ignored customers they would walk past and do their chores and eventually get around to serving but the big boss was in the hotel at one time and things changed dramatically, and I am glad to say staff did improve from then on,

The bar staff in the upper bar were very efficient for the whole stay but we did prefer the lower bar because it was more for adults.

My hubby loved the lager, it is tubog, he thought it was the best beer he had in the resort, as good as bottles. spirits were locally produced and you had to pay for Smirnoff, jack Daniels etc which is perfectly normal in all inc hotel and I have noticed a few had moaned about this. the staff are a bit mean with the spirits to start but if you ask for more they will oblige and soon get to know and how you want your drinks so you don't even have to ask, I crawled back to my hotel room on more than one occasion, lol. I don't normally like soft drinks from the pump and if all pubs provided the same standard of drinks from the pumps as the Mirage did, I wouldn't bother with cans.

Food, uummm, mixed reviews on the here, this is MY opinion. We have been to many all inc hotels and we have never been overly fussed anywhere (apart from Teneriffe) we don't see all inc as somewhere to eat every meal as it is obvious that you will get fed up with it, it's not rocket science, lol, we budgeted to go out and eat at least every other night and it is so cheap.

The food wasn't for us but there were plenty of guests who piled their plates high, there was a lot of vegetable dishes and stews which I don't want in the hot weather but there was also freshly cooked pasta and something different every night in the outside grill area like kebabs, chicken legs etc, there were also small dishes of of what looked like tapas, with chicken, fish etc but they were not labeled so guests didn't seem to go for them. I tried a chicken dish on the first night, it was tasty, they were kept in a refrigerated counter but to me it didn't deem cold enough so I didn't risk it again which is a shame.

Plenty of salad also and freshly cooked bread which had a different filling every night but you had to get there quick because once they were put out they were gone and the chefs didn't seem to be in any hurry to cook more.

We enjoyed the soup, there was tomato at every meal but the creamed soups were different every time which suited us as hubby loves tomato and I love creamed soups.

Freshly cooked pancakes, omelette and fried eggs for breakfast but only one toaster and you had to put the toast through 3 times before you would get any colour on the bread. (One tip, take your own butter from the uk their butter is awful and we couldn't buy decent butter anywhere)

We had a Turkish bath on the first day and it was just me and hubby, it was awesome and reasonable. Hubby had a frozen shoulder a few days into the hol (which happens every time he is off work) he went to see Adam in the spar, we were a bit dubious about it as we didn't know if the staff were truly qualified, Adam was very professional and knew his stuff and after 3 sessions costing £10 each, the shoulder was sorted, well worth it.

Sorry for my war and peace review and on the whole the hotel was great, I would definitely go again but would request a room in Block B, don't stay in the hotel for every meal or you will get fed up with it, full English brekky is only £2 in all bars in the resort, get out and explore like we did, it made the holiday so much better

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank mistee2211
Glasgow
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Just arrived home after spending a week in mirage world upon arrival hotel looked loved checking in and the man at reception was checking us in under the wrong name even Tho we handed our passports over he apologised and then put our correct name on the paper work but still stuck with the same room number which i thought was strange concierge showed us to our room. The room was small and had 2 single beds when we had asked for a double we told the man that showed us to the room he rang down to reception and told them and they must have found it funny as he was just laughing down the phone which i found was very rude. After coming off the phone he just says we are full and suggested pushing the beds together, so basically in my eyes they didn't care however we just stuck with the room as that was really the only problem with it, maids came in daily left fresh towels and a large bottle of water and we had a great view of the pool. Later on in our holiday we found out this handed been our room anyway the name they were originally checking us in under it should have been theres as they had 2 rooms as it was a family.

was ok very repetitive though i wouldn't say it is as bad as what some reviews make out as i think its all down to what each individual person likes me and my partner ate out some nights and in other nights in the hotel we some night really enjoyed the meal.

Entertainment
Many people have says that there was no entertainment or the team werent helpful etc i don't know where that came from there was things happening every day water games, water aerobics games on the stage i think think there was around 3/4 different activities throughout the day possibly more n that was just during the day we never really took part in these as i was enjoying lying on my lounger relaxing, but the team always went out there way to ask u to join in even though they probably new it would be a no anyway was still nice to be included when they asked people, everyone that did join in totally seemed to really enjoy these. evening entertainment wasn't the best this wasn't down to the team there self in my eyes its the hotel on the restrictions on the money etc they wish to spend on it. there was something new every night tho which was good, all the entertainment staff were brilliant at what they do Jaz , Debbie , Jimmy & Jamie, i also find very impressive all of them speak multiple languages which i found was great for the kids as they was a good few people from all over so not everyone spoke english if it was left up to these 4 only the entertainment would be brilliant i think they definitely go that extra bit to ensure u are having a great time just the simple passing by everyone saying morning when the arrive or good night before they leave.

Drinks
Very basic what you can get on the all inclusive everything else must be paid for but there was drinks we liked included so wasn't really a problem for us, we preferred to
Sit at the down stairs bar if it was during the day or after the entertainment the staff at that one were very welcoming and played music always had a wee chat with you.

I would return to this hotel , for the price we paid as we got it on an offer lucky because if i has paid what i was told others did i would have been very happy, but was worth what we spent on going.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank SuzyGe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Quadas Hotel
Turunc Premium Hotel
Turunc Premium Hotel
#7 of 17 in Turunc
Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace

Been to Mirage World Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!