“Great Place to Stay has everything you need Pool and Beach on Door”
Review of Golmar Beach Hotel

Golmar Beach Hotel
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Great Place to Stay has everything you need Pool and Beach on Door”
Reviewed September 17, 2010

This is a great Hotel for families and offers all you need you are right on the beach and the pool and rainbow and pink slides are fab for the kids, i recommend that you book BB as there are so many other restuarant to choose from in the area. If you are on a budget though their half board basis is also very good. The staff are freindly and try to meet your needs whenever they can.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Turkish first
Manchester
Reviewed September 15, 2010

There Was 12 Of Us On Our Trip To Golmar, We Were Reccomended By A Friend Who Went Last Year. It Took Us 12 Hours To Get There Because Of Delays And The Coach From Dalaman To Golmar Took 2 Hours, We Got There 12pm Turkish Time And We Were All Hungry So The Staff Kindly Had Us 8 Chicken Kebabs Sent Over :) (Very Nice). We Paid For AC, Safe And Fridge Which Cost 95 Turkish Lira (Didnt Really Need The Fridge). Staff Were Friendly And Polite And Will Sit And Talk To You If You Are Approachable As We Are :). The Pool Was Always Busy So You Would Have To Get Up Early If You Wanted Certain Beds. We Spent Most Of Our Time On The Beach Its Very Relaxed And They Have Activities If You Want To Do Them (Banana Boat, Fly Fish, Doughnuts And Jet Ski). Food Was Brilliant, Some Of Our Party Are Fussy Eaters And They Didnt Starve Haa. Shopping Was Great, We Are Taking Extra Money This Time Just To Shop :) The Ngihtlife Is Good Plently Of Livley Bars And Kareoke (They Turn The Music Down At Midnight) Girls- There Is A Hair Dryer In The Room But It Isnt Very Strong I Will Be Taking My Own Next Time. We Had No Problems With Noise Or Smell :/ There Was Two Dogs But They Were Very Friendly And Barked Occaisionally As Dogs Do. Dalaman Airport Is Very Expensive But If Your Hungry Youll Pay It, Fags Are Cheaper In Dalaman Than UK £87 For A Thousand L&B!! Cant Wait To Go Back! :)

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank charlottelovesrazzle
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Stayed for a week 10to17 july location excelent we arrived 530am on arrival the security guard came and took our cases and us to reception as my husband was on a stick having had aknee op we paid for ac+fridge night reception was very helpfull, us and our cases were taken to our room we were shown how to work everything nothing was to much,we can honestly say the rooms were excelent we stayed on b+b the breakfast was good selection we had evening meals in the restaurant under the hotel with glorious views ,the food was excelent the staff at the hotel were realy friendly and helpfull, it is a family run hotel and they treated you as one of their own Karim in reception is a realy nice gentleman we speak welsh and he took time to learn some words the golmar is close to plenty of bars restaurants and entertainement we will definatly return if not this year next year,brilliant value for money i would recommmed this hotel to anyone, thanks to all at the golmar for a lovely holiday kathy wales,

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kathywales38
Leeds, UK
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I booked this hotel after visiting last year when we were previously in Turkey, had to say I was slightly nervous with some of the earlier reviews I read before we went! However, the hotel is clean comfortable and serves its purpose. we didnt get a sunbed at all round the pool but spent most of our days lazing on the private beach so it made up for it. Rooms are ideal for the hotel, fairly spacious with a balcony looking over the sea, wonderful view! Air conditioning is a must, along with the fridge! they were worth the money paid, had a decent sleep every night. Turkey itself is still lovely, excellent value for money and Ichmeler is just perfect for a decent holiday. The staff were helpful, didnt haggle too much which is nice, the drinks etc were relatively good value for money although we always went out for dinner so dont know about that. Breakfast was typical continental food, e.g. cold meats, melon, cereal... The nightlife around is good, not too much but a range for everyone, bars and restaurants are great value, beer is very cheap! Never ever had a problem with any of the food, the turkish garlic bread is a must to try! The golmar beach is ideally placed been on the beach front and also 100m away from the town however it was just far enough away. The only points I would make are to be aware that the safes are in reception, although we never had a problem with anything regarding them. The noise from behind the hotel can be disturbing though as our room was on the back stretch, cars, bikes and noisy vehicles all through the night! did wake us up a couple of times which is slightly annoying! Be careful with your belongings though as little bits went missing from our room, nothing major but still. Would definately return to Ichmeler, was a lovely place, you can pick up some great bargains :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Kent, England
Reviewed July 13, 2010

This review is quite a long one, but I write in detail since I checked the reviews of Golmar prior to booking and was concerned about how mixed they were. Whilst we were dithering, a member of our party took the bull by the horns and just booked the trip for all of us with ThomasCook (she hadnt checked the TripAdvisor reviews) - for a ten day B&B stay.

I was concerned about what we'd find and I was amazed upon arriving. My mum had stayed somewhere else in Icmeler the year before (right next to a noisy restaurant come night-club) and had almost no sleep for the whole stay, the food there was also absolutely disgusting and whilst we had paid for full-board, she had to eat elsewhere in the Icmeler restaurants, spending an absolute fortune in the process - the costs here and there really added up. I really didnt want to experience the same. Golmar, thankfully, is set away from the noise at the other side of Icmeler - although its not a big place, so just a 3 minute walk away down the promenade to the main area; it's in a really good location. The reception area is pleasant with comfortable seating and interestingly, about 100 books in various languages for people to read. Upon arrival the security guy took our cases (6 of them) to our room. The reception staff were efficient and very helpful - i.e. we needed something from a chemist one night and Ramazan (the night reception) kindly phoned around all of the chemists for us to see if any were open (at about 10.30pm), the day guy phoned around and got me a hire-car at a really good rate, 30YTL less than I had previously paid out of season. If there was a problem with the room, or we had a problem working the A/C, an engineer would be sent within 5 minutes and it was resolved immediately.

The room (twin) was quiet all day, spacious and very clean, nice quality beds, very clean bathroom/shower. Good A/C and a fridge are available upon payment, £4 per day, which was about right compared to other places. The room had television with BBC & ITV 1-4 - nice to see proper UK TV in foreign lands, often its just some rubbish news channels. I have visited Turkey for 20 odd years so know Turkey well and know what to expect for the money, good and bad. The maids came everyday and kept the rooms clean, changed the towels & sheets and tidied the room, cleaned the bathroom. Each room had a good sized balcony and overlooks the pool area - it was a good place to dry towels etc. All of us noted how well the maids cleaned the rooms.

Our package included breakfast, dinner was available for £8, more on that later. I was not expecting amazing things from the food and I know it's probably very difficult catering for so many different palates from various countries - previous experiences at other places range from over-priced, el-cheapo ingredients, tasteless, stingy, limited range, poor quality or inconsistent - great food has often been the exception rather than the norm, in fact, in my experience Turkish food in the UK has been better than what I've generally found in Turkey, surprisingly. I've stayed in expensive places in Turkey and I would have to say that the quality, taste, quantity and range at Golmar is more than on-par with the best food I've had, both in Turkey and the UK (London has a huge range of fantastic Turkish restaurants and I visit them often). I was blown away actually, because the whole place was not what I was expecting.

The restaurant staff were efficient & courteous, not too overly friendly or matey, which I cannot stand - they reminded me of the staff in a large 5 star actually, they just quietly do their job and then go away and are there when you need them, without the banter (which drives me crackers). The restaurant area is both inside and outside, the outside area is lovely is set amongst trees that grow from the bar beneath and one can gaze at the beautiful view to the ever more massive Marmaris in the distance and the speed boats and jetskis zipping about on the sea - Golmar is right on the coast. Icmeler had a nice breeze and this blows through the seating area, cooling the 35-40c heat nicely.

The breakfast was buffet style & Turkish orientated with continental elements (toast, muffins, IIRC croissants, cerals etc). Boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, cold cooked meats, melons, fruit, yogurt, tomato/cucumber, unlimited ice-cold juices, tea and coffee. Several other things appeared each day, various hot dishes, different types of fruit, cakes etc. The breakfast can be very healthy if you choose the right foods. They don't mind people going back for more, so really good to eat well here and save a fortune eating out later. It was the best breakfast that I'd had in Turkey - considering the cost of the place I was very happy.

Dinner, charged at £8/17YTL, was something else. Every day was superb, like the best of the Turkish food that I've tasted. Generally two soups, both delicious, two to three meat dishes - amazing taste and tenderness, two vegetarian (delicious aubergines and pastas etc), lovely rice/bulgar, chips, potatoes. There was also a large range of cold meze (starters) and salads - everyone that I tried was easily on-par with the best that I've tasted. All fresh, every day. A lot of variety here. Each day there were about a dozen freshly made deserts - mouses (lovely), sponges (I was on a diet but was told they were nice), Turkish pastries/baklava - wonderful, fresh fruits (melon, cherries, peaches etc). Superb. All of us loved the food. Definitely compliments to the chef.

The Golmar also has a Turkish bath (Hamam) (hot humid room with hot marble slabs with massages etc), dry heat sauna, Jacuzzi. All are chargeable - the Turkish Bath was about 30YTL, the Jacuzzi was 5YTL. There is also a small gym, which is free to use. There was a quality cross-trainer & exercise bike, running machine (broken) and weights - for those who are pretty strong - I get the impression (I might be wrong) that the gym doesnt get used that much. There were 1kg, 15kg, 25kg curl barbells, and an Olympic barbell with large weights. It looked like someone had perhaps nicked the other weights, i.e. those between 1kg and 15kg as the rack was empty. The Olympic bar weighs 20kg as is. There is a bench for bench-press and other like exercises. I dont recall that the gym was air conditioned so one could get quite hot in there - but it was part of the Turkish Bath area, and free and in Turkey, so I didnt mind a bit of heat, my mum wanted a fan in there though.

The pool is a good size and good depth, has a flume and slide that looks really good fun, the many children playing in the pool seemed to love it. The pool area was really busy during the day, so swimmers might want to get there early for doing lengths, or go later at night before dinner. About 30-40 (perhaps more) sun loungers were available which were comfortable. The usual land-grab takes place with the loungers at about 7am. The pool and surrounding area was very clean, is scrubbed daily and has waiter service.

Golmar also has a on-site small shop and barber. There is also a bar that opens onto the promenade and small beach (sharpish sand) that also has loungers and waiter service. The pool area seemed more popular. The Golmar is right next to the Marmaris-Icmeler ferries and, I think, the banana boat area.

Everyone I went with loved the hotel, loved the food, loved the rooms and want to come back. It was my first time in Icmeler and I whilst that there are some other 'posher' hotels in the area, Golmar seems to have it all in the right balance at the right cost. Another thing, there is also free WiFi.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank cayseven
Lancashire
Reviewed July 6, 2010

We decided to have a chill 10 days in Turkey we picked the Golmar Beach? After reading a few of the Advisor's tips I was slightly mixed on what we would find? But I have to say to anyone You will love the Position of this Hotel the view's from Rooms are fantastic? Also the Staff are very helpful and accomadating? Lovely stroll into town to either take in the night life or just catch some resturants closer to Golmar beach, They have a Boat at the Golmar Which departs from the front of the hotel how convenient is that? Just be prepared at Dalaman Airport on your way home? 8'50 Lira for a coffee small (£3.90) small Water 5 lira (£2.50) total rip off place 23Lira Burger wow they dont deserve our buisness!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Golmar beach was lovely, with its own beach with free sun loungers, friendly staff, nice all you can eat breakfast buffets, clean rooms (cleaned every day). Convenient for catching the dolmus at the start of the route. Gorgeous views over the sea.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple