“Fantastic”

Ranked #31 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
cambridge
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 23, 2010

Just returned from Golmar Beach Hotel and cant find a bad word to say about it, My two friends and I had booked for a room for three, but were given two rooms which were absolutely great, but we were quite a few rooms away from each other, so we asked if it was possible to have a bigger room. no problem, next morning we were given the keys to a Family room, massive, the staff wre so friendly, a special mention to Kerim on reception ever friendly and cheerful, and Haluka,( bar and restaurant), who was just brilliant, so helpful, it is a standard breakfast, but there was lots of it, just wasnt a great big greasy (fat) breakfast, but then we were not in the UK, I think some people are never satisfied our room was cleaned every day, and hoovered, we were nice to the staff and in return, they were lovely to us, location perfect, everywhere spotless, I hope people decide for themselves, I absolutely loved it here and would definately go back

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank jessieburns55

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Turkish first
cannock
Reviewed May 15, 2010

Ok I must be honest and say this hotel will not be to most peoples liking when we went it was classed as 4star by Thomson’s it has now been dropped by them and rated 3star so that should tell you something
If your still reading I will tell you we loved it for nothing more than location it was perfect for us a couple ok why well it’s the last hotel on the beach front so not much hustle and bustle and no traffic the beach was fine but to us it was ALL about the location you can jump on a boat next to hotel an sail into marmaris or walk a few hundred yards into bar and shopping area also a daily market by canal walk but the best thing we done was hire a speed boat FANTASTIC after a quick 5 minute lesson we was off 2 hours of fun was class especially the ice cream man in his boat coming over to us for refreshments lol so funny
The shopping bit mixed feeling on this the genuine fake clothes on sale were great I will go with an empty case next time and cheap enough after you have bartered which they love to do the people am nice but can get on your nerves trying to goad you into there shop or stall found it worse in marmaris we were not that impressed there here’s a great example we ate breakfast out the one day as the hotel food is crap DO NOT go more than b&b anyway the waiter at the next resturaunt watched us eat our food only to ask if we would like to eat at his as we walked past I found the best way to reply to all was a simple smile and a no thanks was enough the good new on the food front is theres some nice places to eat and its cheap so therefore no need to go for more than b&b as then you can eat to suit yourselves
Things we did
hired a speed boat a must
Parascending was ok much the same as everywhere
Horse safari was a good laugh
Turkish bath a big yes as soon as you get there though for most benefit
Trip to turtle beach was ok
A meal on the jetty a definite was fantastic
A trip to local market bedlam but enjoyed it
Hire speed boats same as most places
Cant wait to go back

3 Thank alsorted
London
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Well, where do I start? I checked out the reviews on here before booking this holiday and was pleased that the majority were good. We spent 10 nights on B&B basis (1st time) which I thought would afford us the opportunity to go out and taste some traditional turkish food. We arrived at the hotel in the eveing after 8 hours of travelling..only to be told that the aircon was extra (this was not mentioned during booking) and that the safes were in reception in full view of everyone, not in our room. Needless to say I didn't rent one. paid the extra for the airco (£4 per day) which was very good). Rooms were small but clean and good views from the balcony. The beach at the Golmar is its only asset. Warm clear, calm, shallow water meant I could teach my 4 year old to paddle without any problems. All though I was up at 6.30am most mornings to get a decent sunbed at the beach. (otherwise the beach was full of quite unfriendly german guests)! I have to say the friendliest people we met there with great tips were the scottish and liverpudlian guests. I found the reception staff very unhelpful and unfriendly. Kerem was fantastic and always pleasant, the rest just seemed to have the hump all the time. The guy who sold the hotel excusions was very rude and at one point told me my surname was stupid! The breakfasts were the same EVERY day. The food sold by the restaurant though was excellent and good value for money. I found Icmeler a bit like Benidorm with kebabs...but stil nice and quite a few good places to eat. Marmaris was beautiful but incredibly busy so only wnet there once. Trips to Mudbath, Turkish bath and Turtle Beach are a must.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank AmalB
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2009

At the end of the beach in an ideal position, away from the sound of the town, it is quiet and peaceful.This hotel is in need of updating. All the rooms have a fantastic view across the bay. In our room (204) the air con did not cope with the heat !
Bedding and towels were changed every day but in 9 days I did not see any sign of a hoover ! Breakfast was the usual Turkish cold meat and cheese.
But 2 miminutes down the road you can buy The Full English for £2.
When we went the season was nearly over and the hotel was very quiet. there was no entertainment.
Sunbeds were plenplentiful the pool or on the beach. Every so often Ahmet comes around and takes orders for food or drinks,you don't have to leave your sunbed ! The bar is right on the beach and stays open till late. The staff are polite and unobtrusive and Karim on the front desk is very helpful. All in all this is a hotel for a quiet holiday..................by the way what is that smell ???

2 Thank Raykay
wirral
Reviewed October 17, 2009

Totally agree with the previous review. We too were there for the commotion and wondered where on earth we had booked. I had studied earlier reviews but was very dissappointed by the standard of the hotel throughout. The smell was unplesant, the rooms were minging, but the view was lovely. Lots of nicer hotels to choose from for similar price.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sltWirral
Northamptonshire
Reviewed October 15, 2009

Have just returned this week from a week away at the Golmar Hotel I must say it was a brilliant time, room was dated but there was new furniture and bathroom facilities and the room was kept spotless by the maid, you could not have faulted the view of the sea from our balcony and it was definitely the best spot on the beach at the quieter end, we had absolutely no problems with any of the staff, they were all very friendly although one of them had a very dry sense of humour that we got used to,we visited the turkish baths and that was also an excellent experience especially the oil massage, it was the best massage I have ever had. Breakfast was a little limited but caused no major problems. All in all we had a perfectly relaxing week and would definitely recommend it. I normally stay in 4 star accommodation so was pleasantly surprised.

• Liked — Position of Hotel
  • Disliked — The gym facilities
  • Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank burtongirl
Hertfordshire, UK
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I booked this hotel after throughly researching it online and was encouraged by the excellent reviews. Basic but good seemed to be the general view so I wasn't expecting luxury but wasn't quite prepared for what I found. The location of the hotel couldn't be better; by the beach with great views from most rooms.However, the hotel is in desperate need of refurbishment, both inside and out. When we arrived in the early hours of the morning, we were faced with the most awful smell; this seemed to cling to the bed linen and it smelt like stale urine. The carpet and curtains in the room were stained beyond belief; the air conditioning unit and fridge had seen better days and were plugged with paper. The next morning, I discovered the smell was coming from a farm across the road. We were woken in the middle of the night on the last 2 nights by awful commotions - the first a loud crashing sound and the second by a man attacking his partner by the poolside. The reception staff were miserable. There didn't appear to be any entertainment in the hotel whatsoever, (however we would highly recommend The Stella Show, a couple of units along the road - he is hilarious!) The manager of the spa kept trying to persuade us to take a turkish bath, massage etc. A tour of the spa area confirmed this area was in as poor a state as the rest of the hotel; needless to say we gave that a miss! Icmeler is a great resort however we have been put off going back by the dishonesty of the traders in the shops. We were tempted by a Seiko watch - very best price quoted was £380 at Art Aquamarine Jewellers. We checked it out online and discovered Seiko RRP was £315 with watchhut selling the same watch for £265 and when having trouble finding the right size of t-shirts in another outlet, they popped out the back and changed the label on the garment so as not to loose a sale!! Luckily we noticed. This has really put us off returning to Turkey generally; no doubt there are honest traders but how do you know who to trust. Outside one of the restaurants it says ' con a tourist and loose a thousand tourists' - how true!

1 Thank 49Amy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Hotel Mar-Bas
Elite World Marmaris Hotel
Hotel Chateau de Ville
Hotel Chateau de Ville
#5 of 81 in Marmaris

Been to Golmar Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!