“YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR”
Review of Hotel Siesta

Hotel Siesta
Ranked #16 of 25 Icmeler B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Sayed at the Juniper & Siesta Hotel 19th to 26th June 2011. We arrived in the very early hours of the morning, and was very disappointed with our room. We booked as a married couple and was given two single beds. The room was dark and dingey, and the balconey was tiny. We spoke to the manager the next day and requested a room change- which wasnt a problem. We had a lovely room in the end. Cleaned reguarly and air conditioning included. This made a massive difference to out holiday.
We was on the third floor and the lift was nearly always broken!!! It was ok for us, but if your elderly or traveling with prams or buggies I think it could make life difficult.

The pool area was nice, but very fustrating when all the sunbeds are covered with towels from 0530hrs, with nobody on them all day!!??? On holiday me and my husband go to relax not to compete for a sunbed. If you are lucky enough to get a sunbed, the pool area is nice, the pool water is warm and there is music playing during the day. There is a nice seating area at the pool side and drinks are served in glasses.... which makes a difference.

The food was between bad and ok. Breakfast was beans, scrambled egg, boiled egg, bread - toast if you want to wait over 10mins for the toaster to toast it. Jam, cheese and selection of cerial. Ok but repetative.

Dinner and tea was usually soup (very waterly but not too bad) 2 poor choices of a meat and veg dish with chips, rice, salad bar and a selection of sweets and fruit. A burger bar opened at 3-4 and this was probably the best meal of the day by far. (you probably think the food sounds ok.... some of it i wouldnt feed to my dog!!)

Nobody offered to go and make me a boiled or fryed egg, but i suppose if you are cheeky enough to ask... you get. Although it isnt common and I didnt see this happen for guests during my stay here. - maybe if guests are asking for food that isnt provided during the evening meals, its probably a big hint that the food it rotten and choices are poor!!

The drinks are ok, the beer was ok maybe watered down. lemonade was ok but thought the coke was rotten.

The hotel is in a great location, waling distance to beach, bars and wednesday market.

Me and my husband have been to Turkey many many times, we have stopped all inclusive in icmeler before (but different hotel) and we think this hotel has the edge.
We payed a fair price for all inclusive hotel, flight and transfer. We came prepaired of what to expect. Its just a shame to food is rotten and they dont have enough sunbeds for the amount of people booked in. Over all you get what you pay for, and we wont be going back. We'd try a different hotel or apartment, it was ok but there is still good deals around for this resort.

We felt the people who visit this hotel every year dominate it a little, not a bad thing- but they make other guests awear that they visit every year. (so wot?? go and see the real turkey! thers more to Turkey than a hotel stuck in the 1980's that serves rubbish food... and you dont have to pay expensive for it!)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DidmVillagers

Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed here JUNE 11, we were changed to Siesta from Blue Rainbow due to flight times changing, and we found it to be basic but very clean, we had our bed linen changed 4 times in 8 nights and we had clean towels everyday. The staff are wonderful, the all inclusive food is good compared to other all inclusive hotels in Icmeler, The manager and staff are always around if you need anything and nothing is too much trouble.
We have cancelled our July holiday from another hotel to this hotel as we were so happy with it. Also, because it is smaller than some hotels you do find other guest chat and have drinks in the evening together, we met some lovely people, and they all are regulars at this hotel,,, so doesn't that speak for itself?!.. it's not the Hilton or a Marriot, but
it does have many many good qualities. It's the little things that mattered to us, like proper glasses, no plastic ones from the bar, you could have mugs for tea and coffe, the staff will make you an omlette or egg sarnies for breakfast if you want, they made us cups of tea after all our meals, the snacks available mid afternoon are actually edible, you can have access to the breakfast juices and water all day AND they let you fill your water bottles up thru the day if you need to.. this may seem like a trivial point but the last place we stayed someone shouted at my daughter for doing that, as well as having her bag searched for bottles of Cola! ( yes that did happen at another hotel), I can't find any negative issues to write about, You get what you pay for, and for us, we'd rather have 3 trips to hotels like the Siesta per year than 1 trip to a 5* star delux hotel. But that's just us :)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank anniefNorth
Reviewed June 20, 2011

I stayed at the Hotel Siesta in june. Never been to turkey before, and after staying at the hotel I shall most definatley be back. The rooms were basic, but had everything you needed including, shower, wc, hairdryer, tv and satellite, phone, and air conditioning (at no extra cost), clean linen and clean towels. The staff were fantastic, helpful and friendly and nothing was to much for them! Echo the barman at the pool was fantastic and was a pleasure talking to him. The location of the hotel siesta, was brilliant, literally a minutes walk from bars and restaurants in either direction you go. Clearly the people who wrote bad reviews about this hotel were expecting the hilton hotel for the price they paid. overall i think for the price i paid, the hotel exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank markgrace100
Reviewed May 25, 2011

i have just returned to the uk from staying at this hotel with my daughter and 4 grandchildren.the hotel is very nice and the management an staff are a credit to it .food was nice an the rooms are very tidy .some of the rooms are small to be a family room though but didnt spoil our stay.children loved the pools and all the staff were gud with them.i would recomend this hotel to anyone visiting turkey.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank cazah62
Reviewed May 23, 2011

always good food on offer ,clean hotel good service , no complaints at all for a week we paid £530 pound for both of us all inclusive thats £265each at the co.op. .

We hope to go back again in September same place.

Room Tip: Juniper has bigger rooms so I was told
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bestnan1948
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I have been going to icmeler for about 10 years now an stayed at these apartments my first year an have been back every year , we all loved it, we where all well looked after by yurda and the guys. they are all like family now if you need anything the run for it , if you want to go somewhere they will take you . my youngest son is 14 now and he just thinks it great as he is well looked after by everyone there, he now tells his friend he is going back to friends and family as thats the way he is treated. down stairs is the champagne bar ..... one of the very best in icmeler an thats where you will find yurda an family....they are just great you wont get better friends and if its a good meal you are looking for then this is the place to be . we eat here all the time the meals are to die for.....my son is so fussy with his food but not in here he loves it an always gets what he asks for and the way he asks for it so if they can make my son happy then they have to be 1 of the best...all the guys are honest and you can trust them with just about every thing.....yurda ill see you all soon , me an the boys miss you all xx

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Went to Icmeler with my parents and ad a amazing time.
I've been to Icmeler alot and this is the first time at this hotel.
Was a lovey hotel and very clean.
Staff are very very friendly and will do anything to help you.
My parents would go to bed about 1:30 every morning and i would go out with people I met, But when i would come back about 6 in the morning they would always walk you to your corridor and make sure you get to your room safe. If you ever wanted anything nothing was to much.

There was music around the pools and there is a bar by the pool to. there is a sister hotel called juniper hotel directly opposite that you can use all facilites in as well.

1 minute walk from restaurants, bars, main street but very quiet. Perfect location.
Perfect holiday !!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LouLou88England
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Hotel Juniper
#189 of 234 in Marmaris
Mersoy Bellavista Suites
Mersoy Bellavista Suites
#34 of 77 in Icmeler

Been to Hotel Siesta? Share your experiences!