“Excellent family orientated apartments”
Review of Alvaro

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Icmeler
Alvaro
Ranked #18 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Excellent family orientated apartments”
Reviewed October 17, 2010

My wife and I have just returned after spending two weeks at this apartment . I was impressed at the family friendly atmosphere. Our children have all grown up and we now have grand children. I wish we had found the Alvaro when we first started going to Turkey 15 years ago as a family. The complex is centrally located and within a short walk of the beach and the majority of the shops. The pools were cleaned each morning together with the surrounding areas. The place was kept spotless. There is also the addition of a child ball pool and climbing complex that provides the children with that little extra to burn up their energy. The complex allows you to pay for puchases at the time or you can have the costs put on to your room. You can pay at the end of the holiday or pay the tab every couple of days. The apartments have good sized balconies. We were lucky to stay on the third floor facing the pool and had the luxury of two balconies. The cleaning staff appears to be made up of one family who cleaned the apartment each day. We had the bedding changed daily and clean towels each day also. This is a 3 star accomodation and it suited that rating. If you want luxury then you will have to pay the price. We stayed here for two weeks at just over £600 that represented excellent value for money. The complex only has a limited number of apartments and villas and therefore you will be lucky to find any real bargain deals within the popular holiday months. I would recommend booking early.
There are many places to eat but I would strongly recommend getting away from the beach front and the more touristy type eateries if you wish to eat Turkish cuisine. We were fortunate to find a special place to eat that served traditional Turkish food at a competetive price in Turkish surroundings. It can be found a few hundred yards from the beach front and is called Wine House restaurant and bar. You will be treated as part of the family by the owners Zuhal and Erhan. The wine is spot on and for those that struggle to find a nice palitable wine to have with dinner then look no further than this restaurant. The food is brilliant.
Rob

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ferriby10

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2010

This hotel is ok if you are a gym slip mum,which there seemed to be quite a few, with the poor babies still being up at 1 a.m. while the mums sat up drinking. The rooms were tired to say the least and dirty. The bathroom was the only good thing about this hotel as it had just been refurbished and would have been great if it had been cleaned properly. Sunbeds had nearly all been claimed by 8 a.m. which surprised me as the hotel was taken up by mainly brits. We have travelled extensively and stayed in many budget hotels and this is by far the worst. For people with families on a budget there were two pools with a water slide so I am sure the kids would be happy. I would certainly not recommend this hotel for couples looking for peace and quiet. I have to say this did not spoil our holiday as we loved icemeler and will return, but stay in the old town.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rachyarthur
bedfordshire
Reviewed September 5, 2010

An excellent place to stay. Centrally loctaed, two good size pools, one with a slide and Ali, Eddie, Dennis & JJ do all that they can to make you feel welcome and part of the place.
Rooms were cleaned daily, with clean towles daily and clean bedding every other day. Rooms were cleaned immaculately and whilst in need of a little TLC here and there, you couldn't fault them.
There was a small problem with people being silly reserving sunbeds at 1.00am but that was soon resolved.
The only possible complaint is that if you are on the top floor, the balcony is small and cramped with a high wall.
We would definitely go back to Icmelera nd would most certainly stay athe Alvaro.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank martinmbeds
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2010

lovely apartments very clean towels and bedding changed every day great water slide and big soft play area for kids,eddie ali and all the staff were very friendly,good central location, plenty to do in icmeler, ie boats, jeep and horse safari mud baths turtle island and marmaris is just around the corner. night life is great food is beautiful.

1 Thank tawaring
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Alvaro great, lovely, intimate, clean, helpful jus an overall fantastic place 2 stay! cudnt hav asked 4 anymre really, the staff r so helpful r rooms cleaned daily pool area always clean. Bar/food staff lovely. Ali & Eddy play with all the kids & teenagers my 7yr old was soooo sad 2 leave she wants 2 go live there! my teenagers aged 14/15 loved it there also. My 21 yr old found Icmeler a bit quiet bt Marmaris isnt 2 far away if u wana party hard. Only dwnfall with pool is the slide isnt on all day which the kids were bit disappointed with. Icmeler is a beautiful place 2 go had sum great nites at Private was Dreamboys, Bamboo Sports Bar. Very child friendly they gt my daughter up dancin most nites. I cudnt say anythin bad about Icmeler or Alvaro. Oh & if like me ur scared of bugs i giv it the thumbs up cos only saw 6-7 BIG hornets & 2 cockroaches which 2 me is good!! i was really worried about this afta bookin hol. Bookin again 2 go nxt yr, big up all the staff at The Alvaro we'l b bk :)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2010

this is the 2nd year on the run to this hotel and once again we have no complaints. we had a fantastic time and once again the staff were great and could not do enough for you. would highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank manh1230
england
Reviewed June 9, 2010

As I am a Travel agent I am very choosey on where we stay, having read previous reviews on here this gave me some confidence to book these apartments, and the reviews were spot on ! We visited these apartments during the half term holidays, the apts were full but still didnt feel crowded, the staff couldnt do enough for you, Ali Eddie ..the whole team were sooo welcoming. Heere are some of the great point to these apartments...

1.so clean, ive never been anywhere that has been kept so clean and tidy.
2. Fantastic water slide, warm pools, plenty of sunbeds
3. great soft play area where my little ones played for hours in the shade.
4. great food and drink in apt resturant, reasonably priced!
5. 5-10 min walk to beach
6. on door step to many resturants all serving great food.
7. maid service second to none.
8. personalised atmosphere
9. great turkish night, belly dancers, break dancers atc
10. perfect accom for very small children
11. small and friendly
12.I could go on for ever!

to sum it up, one of the best hols I been on and I have been to many places including several 4 and 5 star hotels.

1 Thank k200ts