“Marmaris Park”

Marmaris Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Third visit to this well positioned hotel. The staff are very friendly and the animation team do their best with the budget they have to work with. (£20.00) by the standard of the entertainment. If you can accept this and not expect cruise style entertainment, sink a few vodkas and just run with it you will certainly have a laugh. Very safe for children with 24 hr security roaming the grounds and the boardwalk at the rear of the hotel. Can be a long transfer from the airport if you have multiple drops to other hotels. Normal transfer time approx. 90 mins. A good selection of food and always piping hot. You wont starve. One nationality are a little hard to take at times but that's just the way they are I guess. I suppose they think why queue when you don't have too !!
Overall a good hotel with good food and good staff. Not a quiet holiday by any means but great for kids.

Room Tip: Try and request a bungalow as the hotel can be quite noisy a night.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Richard P

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just back from a second visit to this hotel.2 weeks again and as with the last visit its still faultless.If you like your food you will be spoilt for choice.All the staff work hard to keep everything spotless.All the brits we spoke to never once had a bad word to say apart from a certain nationality who shall remain anonymouski.Met people from last years visit.To be honest we said everything we could about this hotel last year. See Jimmy Boy for a cracking boat trip dont worry he will find you. Already booked again for next year.

Room Tip: If you go for the main building or annex go for a high floor, side or sea facing.Some road noise at...
2  Thank Mike P
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Booked a taxi transfer with www.icmeler-transfers.com for £70 return which was incredible, nice clean cars, polite and efficient staff. On arrival at the hotel at about 11pm we were met from the taxi by a lovely young man from the reception who took our cases for us. After a fast check in we were directed to the restaurant where we could have had a cold platter however we preferred a drink whilst our luggage was taken to our rooms.

What a view we woke up to the next day - we booked a sea view in the main building, upon opening the curtains which went across the full wall we found eight windows it was totally stunning! The hotel is in an ideal position between Marmaris and Icmeler so you can make the most of both, A must visit is s trip to Turunc which Jimmy Boy arranged for us amongst other trips and boat taxis to the nearby resorts.

The hotel was very clean and the staff worked very hard to keep it this way. The food in the restaurant was the best I have had in an All Inclusive Hotel, I am a vegetarian but my partner is not and there was plenty of choice for us both and it was good quality. The snack bar at the jetty serves pizza to order in the afternoon which is a nice touch but no beers which is a shame for such a beautiful outlook. Guests tended to feed the fish with any leftovers (only because they were full) and all nationalities seemed to gather together to watch the fish feeding.

We found the upstairs bar to have lovely friendly staff but the pool bar had a lot of young impolite staff with the exception of one who kept saying Chin Chin when he had served you. The lager was not to my liking (too sweet, but that is a personal choice) my partner did however like it. The spirits were of good quality and both the red and white wines were very nice. Coffee, tea and water were all self serve throughout the hotel.

The only real negatives are the air conditioning (which you have no control over unlike other hotels) and was too hot through the night. The entertainment was very poor in the evening and did not see too much activity during the day either except for a darts tournament at tea-time and then once musical chairs for the children.

There were always sunbeds available at any time of the day even whilst eating breakfast which is unusual. We never experienced any problems with fellow guests, all were polite with the only exception of one group on one day at the pool bar whom I assumed were Russians.

Although there were a few little niggles they were minor and the quality of this hotel was brilliant for couples like us and I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank andrea9003
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent a week here for our honeymoon, mainly on the strength of the positive reviews on here. We travelled out with Thomas Cook on an evening flight. This meant arriving at Dalaman around 2am. Unfortunately our transfer coach broke down on the way to the resort which meant that it was almost 5am when we arrived.

The staff were friendly and offered to bring us food but we declined preferring to just go to bed and get up a few hours later for breakfast. We were shown to our room which was in the main building. It was large, clean and pleasant but basic. I felt that a few simple touches could make it so much better, but it was clean and tidy.
They had also left a bottle of red wine and a bowl of fruit as a honeymoon gift. The only downside of this was, having had this on our first night, they didn't clear the glasses or plates or empty bottle away during the rest of our stay, leaving the remnants of fruit going mouldy on a plate in our room. This seemed very strange as they always left the rest of the room immaculate.

In the morning we went to breakfast. Sadly breakfast was not particularly great. We have stayed in many different resorts around the world and it was the least preferable of all those we have been to. However there was a good choice of fruit and cereals and pancakes, I just avoided the hot food which I felt was poor. One particular annoyance at breakfast, which we did experience at lunch also one day with one waitress in particular, was that they are desperate to clear your plates away. They hover waiting for you to finish and the second that you put your knife/fork/spoon down they whisk your plate away. This would have been ok except for the fact that on a couple of occasions I still had my fork in my hand, with food on it, when they hovered and asked "finish?". When I said no indicating the food on my fork they just asked again "finish?" almost in disbelief. It got to the point where my husband told me to put more food on my plate than I wanted and just to leave some so that they wouldn't hassle us whilst we were trying to eat. This ruined our dining experience a little with them which was a shame as the lunch and evening meals were actually really good. There was a lot of choice and all of it was delicious! There were choices of hot dishes and lots of salads and other cold foods all clearly freshly prepared. They were constantly restocking food and there were a lot of desserts too. We did find that some people pushed into queues etc but there is plenty of food to go around so this is simply a mild annoyance.

The choice of drinks on the all inclusive is good. We also had two large water bottles in our fridge in our room which we refilled. There is water, tea and coffee available at all times.

We tried out the Turkish a la carte restaurant which was very pleasant with a set menu and a pleasant change from the manicness of the buffet restaurant.

The hotel is well situated and has beautiful views across the bay. It is between Marmaris and Icmeler. We walked into Icmeler one evening which took around 15 minutes along the sea front. It was very pleasant and we had a drink down there.

We went diving with a company around half an hour away (aquaholics - www.divemarmaris.com) which we would thoroughly recommend, please see separate review.

The pool was lovely and I enjoyed being around there. There were plenty of loungers and shade but as people have mentioned before the wasps are a major problem. If you had lemonade or anything remotely sweet with you then they were constantly around. On our last day my husband was stung by them even despite us being cautious.

To get pool/beach towels you must leave a 20 TL deposit per towel at reception. Wifi is also extra at 60TL for a week. The safe is also extra. I have no complaints about the staff other than with regard to in the restaurant and I felt disgusted at how rude some of the guests were to the staff. Please and thank yous cost nothing and the staff were always friendly to us.

The water sports team were good and we went parasailing and used the jet skis with them. Jimmy boy came and introduced himself on the same day and offered some very reasonable prices for trips which, although we didn't do, these did seen good.

If travelling with Thomas Cook we can thoroughly recommend the Dalyan Departure option.

Overall it was a pleasant stay but I would definitely say that it is a 3 star rather than a 4 star. It is reasonable value for money and the location is great but it doesn't match up to other all inclusive I have experienced around the world. But, from speaking with others, by local standards, I do believe that it is one of the better hotels in this price range.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank gillybeany
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The day we got here was terrible to put it bluntly the man behind the desk needed to take his face for a s*#t he was very angry that we could fill in a peice of paper that was in mostly Turkish ?? Then we arrived in our rooms at first sight I wanted to catch the next flight home! The rooms are outdated I did not expect this with the price we payed the bathrooms just look dirty cracked tiles everywhere people hair still in shower rusty pipes sticking out everywhere people may read this and think I'm being petty but believe me when you pay 900 pound each you do not expect to be washing in dirty bathrooms the food caters mostly for everyone but English you get plenty of salad even for breakfast ! If you get the chance to get in line with all the Russians pushing in stacking plates and when I say stacking I mean mountains of food to fill the table to wich they just pick at ?! The hotel it's self has a beautiful view can't moan at that I can moan at the view from the balcony but we didn't ask for a sea view so it's what we expected the pool is very big and we have always got a sunbed in sun and shade not a problem people do reserve sunbeds even though it says clearly not to but wasps are a very big problem here I think it's because of the surroundings (trees) if you get a drink just drink it quick !or you will have a cup of wasps.The famous jimmy boy well he's a complete t*#t I do not know why people love him so much he won't speek to us look at us he just walks off very ignorant man . but overall it has been a good holiday plenty to do I deffinetly recommend hassan he does the watersports he is a very nice man everyone is friendly but out of the complex is a whole different world ! But saying all of this I haven't read many bad reviews so people obviously don't mind the bad rooms and so on !

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013

just back from 10 days at this wonderful hotel food excellent and varied and the staff hard working and polite even when for me the down side to this hotel is that it is popular with russian people who are down right rude and have no manners especially when it comes to the staff...jimmy boy is great if you want to go on a trip and if you want a shave and a hair cut rob is fantastic and very cheap.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank andyharrison802
Reviewed June 26, 2013

the hotel itself is situated in a good location and breathtaking views of the sea,the staff were very friendly with the exception of a few ,but the holiday was marred by the russian guests staying there which is about 70%of the hotels guests they are rude and very ignorant ,they just push in at the restaurant and let their kids run amok ,.the entertainment was very very poor and the animation team more inclined to pleasing the russian guests ,the evening music was terrible

Room Tip: choose a hotel room they are bigger than the so called bungalows
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Labranda Mares Marmaris
SENTIDO Sea Star
#4 of 77 in Icmeler
Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace
Grand Yazici Club Turban

Been to Marmaris Park Hotel? Share your experiences!