“Amazing Views- Just not quite a 4* Hotel”

Marmaris Park Hotel
Ranked #12 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Amazing Views- Just not quite a 4* Hotel”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel is set in beautiful surroundings. Although we found the hotel and private beach jetty to be quiet me and my partner did visit towards the end of May 2013 so the hotel wasn't at full capacity. We weren't looking for a lively/party scene type holiday but there were some guests ranging from 18-25 that went into Marmaris each evening for the nightlife.
I would say the hotel is a 3 star hotel with 4 star elements. The al a carte Turkish/Fish free meal is a nice touch. Make sure you book in advance, the hotel cards say 24 hours but we needed to give 48 hours notice to get a place in the Turkish restaurant but the food was lovely.
We had a beach bungalow which was right at the back of the hotel looking out to sea, perfect, no blocked view however rooms set further back are just surrounded by trees so I'd ask for a high floored room or room with a view. The beach bungalow rooms are small but functional, although dated and the bathrooms are definitely not 4 star! The maids/cleaners did come into our room to make the beds and sweep the balcony but I could not tell that the bathroom had been cleaned, mirrors polished or floors swept inside the apartment. All of which I expect from a 4 star hotel. The room did have a fridge which was useful and this had a large bottle of water courtesy of the hotel. This could be filled up from the various water machines around the hotel grounds, although I would recommend it is filled and placed back in your fridge as the water machines aren't very cool.
The hotel did have some entertainment, belly dancer and Turkish dancers one night, karaoke one night, a disco one night and a comedian type showman one night. Although I did think the hotel would offer more than one type of entertainment each evening, if you didn't like the entertainment you had to sit somewhere quiet, go to your room or walk into Icmeler or Marmaris which some might not want to do, especially if staying on an all inclusive basis.
The only experience we had with the children's entertainment was a nightly disco that played the same music each evening whilst we were trying to eat at approximately 8pm.
The dining room was functional but looks more like a canteen than what you would expect from a 4* hotel. You want to eat and be out not relax and take your time eating. We were all inclusive, food was served until 9pm although whilst most people seemed to be eating starter they had a plate of desserts already picked and sat at there table. The staff also begin clearing away at 8.50pm. It would be great if the dining room was revamped and food served until 9.30pm.
I can see the inside dining room being very busy and humid at the peak of the season but there is an outside eating area which was nice due to the surroundings and there was plenty of choice for food at all times. The food was varied with lovely little desserts each evening. The only think I would say is there is no bacon at breakfast and only Turkish sausages in a tomato sauce and no fruit option for evening. You can also get lovely homemade pizza from the beach jetty but it would be nice if you could get salad and fruit as well.
Whilst the food wasn't amazing we had a varied and enjoyable meal each day, lots of choice at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
It is approximately 20 minutes to Icmeler and the same to Marmaris from the hotel, it is a nice walk along the beach promenade but when we walked to Icemlar we noticed only a few beach cafes, no bars or restaurants until you reached Icmeler.
All the staff we encountered were polite and helpful.
Clean enough, lovely place, lovely hotel, lovely beach are and amazing views.Definitely worth a visit for the price we paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a water bungalow (email the hotel direct) we were lucky but they did not get our requests.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenna297

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Windlesham
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Where to begin!!!
I have to start by saying this this was mine and my wife's 1st holiday alone( kids grown up)
Also it was our 1st holiday in 10 years so we didn't really know what to expect so we went with an open mind.
We arrived in the early hours on the 2nd of June,5am to be precise,the man at the reception was friendly as was the porter.
We got our room keys and luckily we were just round the corner on the 1st floor.
The room was fantastic,nice and clean and two 2litre bottles of water in the fridge.
The only thing I would say is there is only one plug socket but to be honest it didn't bother us,if this bothers you then buy a 4 way adaptor in the uk.
The food was excellent and catered for all nationalities,I'm pretty fussy but always found something different to eat,as was the beer and soft drinks,the beer was a local product called efes but it was really nice and you get all drinks in a half pint glass or beaker,not a tiny one that needs constantly filling up.
There are plenty of Russians who have no manners at all,but generally weren't a problem just amusing to watch!!!
The entertainment was a little basic but we didn't go there for that anyway,having said that Leo was a godsend especially the darts tournament,extremely funny and got on well with him.
Then there's jimmy boy,if you ever want to book any of the trips do it through him,extrovert character and very funny and friendly.
So in general the hotel was fantastic,the weather was superb,the location was fantastic,the towns and the people were fantastic,and we made some really good friends from the uk who we are going to keep in touch with,we are already to book up for the same time next year :)

The only downside was we decided to take a walk to marmaris on the 2nd day and there was this guy selling cherries,we both had one,then he started filling up 2 punnetts and I said how much were they,and he got a bit aggressive,my wife opened her purse and before we knew it he took 50 lira out,then to our amazement took another 40 that's approx £35,it left us a bit shocked but to be honest I think we were a bit nieve in the 1st place,but you live and learn.....

5 Thank Simon T
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was a return visit to the Marmaris Park as we used this hotel last year for our family holiday. We were aware that the evening entertainment was poor, but that is the only negative about this hotel. The rooms are clean big and bright. We stayed in the main building and our room had a bath. The food is very good, a large choice is offered and the restaurant is very clean. The pool is big and has plenty of sun beds. This hotel is positioned on the sea and sun beds exclusive to guests are on the jetty and there is a bar and food building too.The guest are mainly Brits and Russians. You can walk to either Marmaris or Icemeler along the sea front taking in beautiful views. Jimmy Boy books all excursions and the Jeep safari, Lazy day cruise and swim with dolphins are reccomended

Room Tip: rooms near hotel entrance can be noisy. rooms in main building can hear pool bar music
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob A
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Arrived in the early hours of June 3rd after a 5 hour transfer with resort hoppa !! Shown to our room which was in the 2nd block of the main building. Room was good plenty of space and clean, however we found out the next evening that due to the close proximity of the bar the music is really really loud until 1am. Get a bungalow room away from the main building if you think this will bother you. The loaction of the hotel is simply stunning with the seating area's, pool and jetty by the sea. The views are amazing just what you need to relax ! The food we found to be enjoyable with the added bonus of freshly made pizza at the snack bar by the sea from 12.30 to 4pm. The desserts were amazing and I saw many people ( as was mine! ) with a plate full !! I would say the lunches were by far the best meals but we could always find something to eat on an evening. The weather was hot, so we prefered to stay near the sea rather than the pool due to the sea breeze but I noticed there were always lots of sunbeds available at either location. I must mention Jimmy Boy !!! He is a real feature of the hotel and I would say to do the all day boat trip for £9.00 per person with lunch included. You will hear Jimmy Boy every day shouting hello my couples hello my family's !! The Russians are great to watch and I was impressed with the bar staff requesting them to say please when they barked their beer requests ! Do you know what tho... the Russians really are not a problem at all and its great to watch them dancing every evening. So what if they dont say thank you when you wait for them to come up the stairs and fill their plates with melon!! Don't let something so trivial upset your holiday.
Mosquitos not a problem and they love me usually! Nice walk to the left along the sea front to Icmeler takes about 20 mins or walk to the right for about 30 minutes to Marmaris. Get the bus right outside the front of the hotel for 2 lira per person to do your shopping at Marmaris Bazaar get off at the harbour then when you're done look out for a dolmus back with Icmeler on the front but just remember to shout for the driver to stop when you see Marmaris Park Hotel ! Wednesday is market day at Icmeler, a good couple of hours can be spent looking at the tat !
I have been to Turkey 5 times and I have to say this hotel will be the only one I ever return to. Ok so the food isn't the best I've ever had, no free wifi, and the loud music takes a bit of getting used to if you're trying to sleep before its finished, but location location location does it for me.
See you again Marmaris Park !

2 Thank SisterJedi
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This tuned out to be the best holiday that I have ever been on! The views are amazing and the hotels location is fantastic! Away from all the busy parts but only a walk away if you want to get there. This hotel gives you what you have paid for! There is plenty choice at meal times and the food is average (not bad) maybe not to everyones taste but I enjoyed my meals and there was something everyday available for me to eat. There is plenty drink choice! so no worries there for all the drinkers... they do make them strong so if you do not like this tell them at the bar before you walk away with a glass full of vodka and a dash of juice ha! bar and waiting staff are nice and friendly and are ok at speaking english, some may not be as good so do not let on as much as others (this is not them being rude). My room was a good size for two and I never had a rubbish nights sleep once. They are cleaned every day unless you leave a note on the door saying not too. The jetty is a relaxing place to lie all day and soak in the sun, the pool is more busy with children and the animation team doing activities. One thing I did pick on was it was the same activities everyday so does get a bitty boring after two weeks. Reception staff are very help-full and friendly! Help with any issues. There is a doctor/nurse available at the hotel if anything happens what maybe comforting to some travelers. The hotel have Wifi that you can pay for and also have computers if you wish to use them for one hour its 5TL.

Over all we enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would recommend it highly! We are planning on taking a trip back also.

Room Tip: ensure you are not one of the people that get a room right at the dance floor at night, as if you wa...
1 Thank Lauren A
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We've just arrived home after 14 nights here at Marmaris Park. I cannot fault anything significant about the trip and this hotel at all! We arrived very early hours of the morning and was instantly greeted by cheery workers who got us checked in and to our room in no time at all. The room was spotlessly clean and had all the necessary items! Our room was on the second floor of one of the "bungalows". The view wasn't amazing but behind the trees we could see the sea!
The food was something I personally wasn't looking forward too - i'm quite fussy so I didn't think there would be much choice for me. Every day I managed to find at least 1 plate of food that I liked and the Turkish night was great!
Jimmy Boy like many others have said was a delight and always came to say hello to everyone being a real asset to the hotel. We went on his lazy day boat trip which was excellent value for money and I would recommend this to anyone going to this hotel!
The walk into Icmeler was lovely - just about 20 minutes minus all the picture stops and although we didn't walk into Marmaris the bus journey was just as good. Daytiime entertainment was also very good with activities suiting many people - darts, water volleyball, table tennis and water gym to name just a few!
Overall we had an excellent time at this hotel and I would recommend this to anyone and will hopefully be coming back myself!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ChristineClarkee
Reviewed June 15, 2013

nice hotel for the money. stunning views.food very good cakes to die for :-) Russians could u get some manners please! Don't cost much. would go back again.o and the safes not very safe as you only have to put 6 of the same numbers in to override the combination waste of money better to have a key not keypad. If you can ask for the rooms away from the bar as they hav the biggest speakers you have seen by the rooms next to it

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank britishstokey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Labranda Mares Marmaris
Casa De Maris Spa & Resort Hotel
Blue Bay Platinum Hotel
Blue Bay Platinum Hotel
#19 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Marmaris Park Hotel? Share your experiences!