Marmaris Park Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Grand Aquarium(Icmeler)(Great Value!)
$85
$82
$77
1,137 results
All reviewsjimmy boyboat tripbeach barpizza barsea frontturkeyentertainment teamwater volleyballbungalow roommain buildingevening entertainmentgreat holidayrussian guestssea viewsaladmeal timesnext year
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We travelled in September 2012 and stayed two weeks.

Some time has lapsed since we came back, but thought we should give our view of what was an excellent holiday.

Room was nothing grand, but it was comfortable and was kept spotlessly clean by the lovely maid who had a smile and a hello for us every day. We found the staff throughout to be friendly and helpful.

We were blessed with fantastic weather (mid-30s and blue skies) every day and this hotel has a great location between Marmaris and Icmeler. We spent some very pleasant days by the pool, which is very good and very clean, but mostly on the excellent jetty overlooking the bay, which water taxis and boats for trips also use, so you never have to go too far.

The beachfront bar / restaurant does excellent lunchtime pizza, little burgers etc. and serves as the a la carte fish restaurant in the evening. In both guises it is excellent, although it serves only soft drinks during the day (you can bring down alcoholic drinks from the main bar though). The staff there are great.

We found the range and quality of food in the main buffet restaurant superb - excellent salads and choice of main courses, including a grill, every lunch and dinner time. Couldn't fault it in any way.

Draught beer in the main bar excellent, wine perfectly drinkable, generous drinks measures, and lovely friendly bar staff.

Excellent (and friendly) water sports place next to the hotel is good value. Jimmy the resident trips fella always has a smile and a hello, the boat trip around the bay is well worth it.

For good weather, beautiful setting and handy location, along with excellent food and drink this place ticked all the boxes for us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank Jason B
Reviewed January 10, 2013

First time I went to Turkey and to be honest would not go again! Marmaris Park Hotel staff were not that friendly, rooms not clean and quite grubby. Entertainment was poor and the staff quite ignorant towards the English!
The bar was too small for the amount of people there and was very sticky!
The food was very nice though.

Room Tip: The room was very small. The large rooms were near the bar, but then you have the noise to put up with!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ishalittle01
Reviewed November 17, 2012

great hotel staff friendly. lovely room cleaned daily. food good lots of choice would recommend this hotel. we went on two boat trips booked with jimmy on site very cheap but dont bother with the fishing trip waste of money he didnt turn up so jimmy had to get someone else to pick them up. waste of time . treat yourself to pedicure at salon on site cheap and very good.one problem was balcony looked at a wall that was painted with sea and boat but as it was so hot we were glad of the shade. we went to the al a carte restuarent one night which was nice for a change looking over the sea. the all inclusive was very good lots of choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank jeanette i
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed two weeks from 24th september 12. Weather was great, one thunderstorm but apart from that wall to wall sunshine. The hotel and rooms are very clean. Thanks to all who mentioned only one plug socket - we bought an adaptor with two uk plug sockets and two USB chargers for £12.99 before we went which meant that this did not bother us. The food was good, plenty of choice, lovely salads and I had no problems being a vegetarian at all. Drinks - diet coke and water were fine, I don't think I am particularly fussy but the other drinks were not nice, fruit juice luminous and syrupy, alcohol was not good although they do give you good measures. I bought cappucino sachets from the supermarket in Ichmeller which saved the day! The hotel is in a lovely setting, plenty of sunbeds down at the jetty, gorgeous views. Some reviews refer to lots of steps and walking, we thought it was fine, yes, there are some steps but nothing that the average person could not manage easily. The staff generally appeared surly and miserable with the exception of the guy at the main bar who was lovely. Again, as a couple we are quite friendly and chatty but staff did not want to talk or smile with the odd exception. I was ill whilst at the hotel and saw the local doctor who calls in at the hotels and he was brilliant as was the nurse. The walk into ichmeller was about 15 minutes. Walk into the town a bit further and try tin tins, absolutely fantasic, 2.90 TL for a delicious pizza and 4TL for a very nice glass of wine. The resteraunts closest to the beach and walkway are much more expensive. The highlight of the holiday was the barbeque boat trip on the panorama princess. There are lots of boat trips that are similar but we loved this one and did it three times! It was perfect. The public transport is brilliant, the bus is regular and cheap, no bus stops, just stand at the side of the road and shout stop when you want to get off. The taxi boat is great too, slightly more expensive so would suggest that it's used to go into marmaris as it's a longer trip so more boat for your money. We felt very safe in both marmaris and ichmeller but did hear someone saying that a man had been selling grapes down by the front in marmaris and when the person pulled outbtheir wallet it was snatched. The day trip to rhodes was great and things like perfume and sunglasses actually cheaper than in turkey. Don't book trips through your holiday company though, they are vastly more expensive than the exact same ones that you can book when you get there. UK currency is prefferred by the shops and stalls in marmaris and ichmeller and the exchange rate better when you get there so I wouldn't change any money before you go and just play it by ear, there are loads of change places about. If the hotel sorted the drinks and the staff out, we would go back!!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
12  Thank Allie G
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked an all-inclusive deal through Thomas Cook, with flights and transfers (and additional baggage allowance) and was there from Thursday 11th October 2012 for 7 nights (leaving on the afternoon of Thursday 18th October).

Whilst in general I had a relaxing and pleasant holiday in nice surroundings there were annoyances that crept in as the week progressed which had a detrimental effect to the quality of my holiday.

Rep:
The rep on the bus was very efficient and pleasant and informed me that there would be a welcome meeting with Paul the following morning at 11am. At 10:50 I made my way to reception and waited outside the meeting room. I saw Paul walk passed before 11am but he didn’t say anything, and as the meeting room was occupied I remained waiting in reception. I did not see Paul again until at about 11:20 when I got fed up waiting and found someone on reception, who told me that Paul was doing his welcome meeting on the terrace outside! Thanks Paul. I went outside and said ‘Hi – sorry I was waiting in reception, I didn’t realise you were out here’ to which Paul merely acknowledged me, but did not even offer to bring me up to speed with what he was talking about. He sat at one end of a long table, I had to sit at the far end and couldn’t really hear what he was saying. He spent his whole time talking to the family next to him and the most I got out of the meeting was the following gems of information:
• How much should you pay for food? – ‘the more you pay the better the food, I like the Majestic…..’ and then he mentioned the Majestic so many times I lost count. I’m not sure whether he’d only ever eaten there, or whether it was because the Majestic was in the advertising literature he gave us but it wasn’t exactly balanced and anyone ripping people off and charging more than 60 lira may have got away with it. In my eyes quality of food is not always based on price.
• He seemed more intent on selling us trips and scaring us into paying to increase our baggage allowance (I’d already paid for this up front so that was a waste of time).
• He told us it was a 30 minute walk to Icmeler and about an hour walk to Marmaris – not that he’d done it himself. If you want to go to Marmaris he suggested walking to Icmeler and getting the river taxi. I walked to Icmeler, it was no more than 15 to 20 minutes – thankfully I tried this before assuming I needed to get a taxi. Also, he neglected to tell us that you could actually get a river taxi from Captain Jimmy, right from the jetty outside our very hotel!
• A different rep joined us for the transfer back to the airport. The bus was late, apparently due to a puncture necessitating the replacement of the bus, but the rep did apologise and I accept that these things happen and I didn’t miss my flight because of this. However, I thought it strange that the rep only accompanied us for half of the journey. He did give us the information we needed but getting to the airport we had no one to ask if we were at all confused (you just had to remember what he’d said).

Entertainment:
The hotel boasted entertainment in the pool daily, a whiteboard displayed the times of volleyball etc. There was no entertainment whatsoever in the day time. In the evening, on a couple of days there was a mini disco for the children. This was about 4 songs where a member of the animation (and I use the term loosely) team led the kids around in a conga style. This was no problem for me as I travelled on my own, however the ‘entertainment’ that followed for the adults consisted of someone playing a CD…. on a loop. Add to this the fact that half way through the week the lights in the bar area stopped working and the entire bar area was lit up only by 6 street lights along the edge of the terrace and the very dim light from the bar itself and it made it quite a depressing place to be. So much so that I ended up taking drinks back to my room and watching a film on more than one day. Other people I met there ended up going out 5 nights of the week to try and find some life, rather negating the whole point of having an ‘all-inclusive’ holiday. The gym was closed for the duration of the holiday with a note in Turkish (I presume) which I couldn’t understand.

Pool:
A note was posted on the whiteboard saying that ‘in line with management end of season procedures’ the pool would be emptied at 19:30 on the Monday. I was not even aware of any such procedures, this hadn’t been brought to my attention when I booked the holiday. As it happens, the pool was not emptied, thankfully, as due to the fact that the bar by the seafront had closed (see below) I needed to sit by the pool on the latter days of the week. However it did add a touch of jeopardy each morning seeing if there was any water there!

Food and drink:
I believe there was supposed to be an a la carte restaurant but there was no sign of this, just the buffet stye retaurant. In general the food was edible, although a little bland. However as each day passed, the choices became less. I understand that with so few residents there (it was their last week of the season) that this might happen, however I didn’t pay noticeably less for this privilege. As each day passed, another coffee machine disappeared. Yes, technically I could still get a coffee up to and including my last day, but it is a large hotel and going down to one machine made it inconvenient if nothing else. Similarly, the bar on the jetty closed before the end of my week, meaning that should I want a drink I would have to climb all the stairs to the pool bar and carry them all the way back down to the jetty area. As a final insult, on my last morning, there wasn’t even a toaster – this had been packed away. Two days from the end of the holiday they ran out of red wine, on the last day they only had bottled beer and absolutely no ice.

Cleanliness:
Generally this was OK but I did have rather a long hair on the wall of my shower. As a matter of interest I left it there, and there it stayed for the whole week – so I’m not sure the cleaning was really up to scratch.

Wasps:
I read somewhere that they sprayed the rooms, restaurant, bar and pool area to prevent the wasps from gathering. I saw no evidence of this and as the week went by the wasps became more and more of a problem. To the point where I was stung (when just sitting reading in the bar – not even waving my hands away) and a young child got stung by the pool. By the Wednesday it wasn’t even possible to eat outside on the terrace as they were such a nuisance.

Clearing up:
Each day more and more sun beds were cleared away, either removing the mattresses, or removing the beds and parasols themselves. Whilst there were lots to choose from, the fact that they were removing them reduced the choices of where you sat. I was there to relax and therefore liked to be further away from the bar on the jetty (and the hundreds of wasps that congregated there) and gradually I was forced to sit nearer and nearer to the bar. On the last day, which was also the hotel’s last day, they were actually packing the cushions away from the chairs in the bar that we were sitting on.

OK - now the good points - and there are some:

The room was fine, balcony, TV (although not many English stations - but hey, I'm abroad!), 2 single beds pushed together. The hotel is nestled in a forest by the sea, my room was almost as far from the bar as it could be, about 2 or 3 minute walk. It was uphill along a pathway, all slopes until I got to the approach to the room when there were some fairly steep steps to negotiate. Probably not the best for older people. However, the nearer the bar, apparently the noisier it got (not that this was the case when I as there due to the lack of entertainment!)

Hotel itself was lovely, big bar area, lots and lots of sun beds to choose from. However this was the last week and there were not that many residents left - it may have been different earlier in the season.

Staff were friendly, although some struggled with English, but again, I was in Turkey so that was fine.

The only 'pestering' in the complex was from Captain Jimmy. I paid the £9 for a day's boat trip (price includes lunch, but not drinks) and after that I just got friendly hellos each day - and the boat trip was very worthwhile. Apparently you could pay for massages and beauty treatments, but unlike other hotels I've stayed at, I was not even approached for this - definite a plus point.

If you want somewhere quiet, it's great. it's between Icmeler and Marmaris so if you like the night-life it may not be the best. Sitting on the jetty with the sea at your feet was amazingly relaxing, although again if you're less steady on your feet, the steps down to it would have to be taken with care.

I would say that in summary, although I did have a nice relaxing holiday, in what was a nice hotel, the second half of my week in particular gave me the impression of sitting in a pub, drinking, whilst the bar staff are putting the chairs on the tables around you. I felt like I was in the way whilst they cleared up, and this was not something I was comfortable with. I paid for a whole week of holiday, and there was absolutely no reason why the clearing away could not have been done after the last residents had gone home.

Room Tip: If you don't want a long uphill stagger back to your room, make sure you ask to go nearer to the bar area - but may have to put up with noise. If you ask for a sea view, make sure you get it - one couple I was talking to showed me a picture of their sea view, and a bloody great palm tree completely blocked any view they may have had.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo