“Fantastic, superb, pure luxury.”

MARTI Resort de Luxe
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed May 23, 2011

From start to finish, our holiday at the Marti Resort was fantastic, our rooms were pure luxury, very spacious, clean & comfortable. The complex itself was very attractive with nicely kept gardens. The pool area was awesome, clean and comfortable. To be perfectly honest, words fail me, the staff were very proffessional, very friendly, and they all went beyond the call of duty to make sure our stay was a memorable one, so much so, when we got back to england, we booked to go again this august 2011, and again, all inclusive.
I do feel sorry for those few people who have left negative reviews about the Marti, they obviously dont know how to appreciate high standards of service.
Well done The Marti Resort, you did us proud as im sure you have many before us, look forward to seeing you all again in August, including the Animation team, who are true proffessionals.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank spitty

We thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

We are really pleased to know that we have provided you a good holiday at Martı Resort Deluxe.

Kind Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,931)

Reviewed May 22, 2011

We stayed there for six days our room was spacious, with modern decor and a beuatiful view of the resort and sea. I would recommend the the superrior de lux room. Its a bit extra but well worth it The resort has the best location and beach in Ichmeler. A variety of watersports are available . I tried parasailing- great fun! We took the halfboard option with breakfast and dinner The food was varied with a good balance between western And Turkish fare. The deserts were aamazing. I had to literally tear my wife away from the baklava... the staff were generally very friendly and helpfull especially the customer relations and entertainment people. Restaurant staff not very proficient in english.. overall a great place for a holiday and we'll be back asap

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Derekx

Reviewed May 15, 2011

I have just returned from a weeks holiday in this great resort. I had read some bad comments about this hotel (after I had booked) and they did give me an uneasy feeling, but I have to say I found no problems whatso ever!
We stayed in a superior room on a half board basis and it was great.
The room was cleaned every day, towels changed every day and the bed linen every other day.
The hotel itself was spotless and set in a beautiful location.
As we where staying half board I did find the drinks quite expensive. This hotel uses a credit card type system where you do not hand over cash but where a card is swiped and you are given a receipt. I suggest you keep a close eye on what you are spending because it soon builds up!
There was a choice of food set out in a buffet style, and yes the soup was cool now and again but I found no real problems. This is an international hotel and therfore does cater for a lot of different nationalities so some of the foods might not appeal to all but there is plenty of choice.
We did not go to any of the hotel entertainment but talking to other guests they did enjoy it. There was the usual kiddies disco and I heard the Turkish night was really good!
There is two big swimming pools, one of which is for adults only, and a small kids pool. We only sat at these once as the beach is beautiful and private to the hotel.
For anyone who has not been to Turkey (myself before this trip) be prepared to be tortured (my wifes word) by anyone selling anything. From barbers to resturant personel they will try to get you into their establishment what ever it sells! Be WARNED!
We went on one trip, the sunseekers. This entailed a boat trip stopping off for a swim a various lovely locations. An all inclusive trip with food and drinks all included. Great fun and a great way to get your tan going.
The main thing is I WOULD go back to Turkey and this hotel and I DID enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank JimMandie

Reviewed May 3, 2011

Had 8 days here over Easter 2011, Weather not great but it was early in the season, Only half the resort open but plenty for us as we don't like it too busy anyway.Good hotel with nice people, good food, nice and clean and tidy , we had a delux room with sea veiw and it was very nice .Used the fittness centre most evenings and noticed you had to take your own water so on the way from breakfast 10am ish I stopped at reception and left a little note for the manager saying it would be nice if you had water there for guests , Went to use the centre at 6.30pm and they had put a water cooler in place with cups. I was well impressed that is what I call responsive managment..(Well done them)

Room Tip: Pay for the sea veiw ( well worth it )
2  Thank PIP-ANDREWS

Reviewed April 29, 2011

Have just returned from our honeymoon - we chose the Marti Resort Deluxe in Icemeler just outside Marmaris as our relaxation destination. We were not let down. The location is beautiful, right on the beach with Icmeler and Marmaris within walking distance, although Marmaris a little way. Water taxi's stop right outside the hotel and sail into Marmaris marina. The room was fantastic with views out over the bay, very clean and comfortable, recently refurbished too, The resort itself was lovely, the staff were incredible, the food choices were never ending, we made the most of the all inclusive package with food and drink available all day. Would definitely go back maybe for our 1st anniversary. Have recommended to everyone I know.

7  Thank richconserve

Reviewed April 27, 2011

Just returned from the Marti. Had a lovely relaxing Holiday. Hotel was beautiful, spotless and very attentive staff. We were on half board terms and over the week never tired of the buffet dinner which offered a variety every evening, I don't think I had the same meal twice. A selection of speciality freshly cooked dishes in woks were avaiable; beautifully cooked Lamb; fresh vegetables, beef along with a selection of stews stuffed vegetables, kebabs, barbecued shciken etc . Soups and endless varitey of breads and a huge selction of salads which changed every day. Admittedly if you wanted your more English type veg then this was slightly more cooked than I would have it, this was availalbe every night along with some type of pasta and most nights they offered chips along with other types of potatoes; so something to suit everyone.

At this time of year the resort was just opening up so many hotels, shops resaturants weren't open. The marti opened on 2nd April. The indoor pool did not open until 25 or 26th, but was lovely when it did as this time of year I find the sea ands outdoor pools too cold. The entertainment team were very enthusiastic; but not really our thing. We prefer to go out and sample the local bars.

The loacation was ideal; a lovely stroll along the prom to Marmaris. Weather was perfect when we were there; not too hot.

On reflection I think this was a perfect hotel and ideal location for this time of year as the resort is just waking up for the season. I don't think I would like it too much in the height of the season I think it would be too rowdy, certainly would not consdider staying in Marmaris.

We were in Kalkan in high season last year and loved it there but at Easter it would have been too quiet. The Marti has all the facilities you need and more on the doorstep if you want.

3  Thank eevie

Reviewed April 24, 2011

We were in the Marti in mid April 2011. First impressions were good, the hotel was well laid out and the communal areas including the pool are lovely. The staff were very friendly, and spoke excellent English. I also thought our room was great, great shower, but no bath, which I missed. The All Inclusive was great value in terms of the freely available branded drinks, and snacks throughout the day. The Turkish bath was brilliant. despite the poor finish on the spa.

Thats about it with the positives though. The food was utterly diabolical. The A La Carte restaurants were closed while we were there which was so disappointing. We had a buffet style dinner every night. The mains were left in hot containers for hours on end. All the veg was steamed to mulch. Stone baked pizzas were in a hot container with a lid so that they steamed to mulch. Ive never eaten so much greasy rubbish. Most of the food was luke warm, despite the hot containers. Overall, it was bland, uninspiring and overcooked. The breakfasts were dull too, instead of the plates of fresh fruits I expected, it was all bland breads with fruit in juice or water like it came out of a tin. Without doubt the worst we'd ever had in a hotel that claimed to be 5 star and if you are in any way into food, I would avoid this place.

The entertainment was the same. Ive never stayed in a 5 star hotel where the evening entertainment was Bingo. We also got quite tired of the animation team who came round the poolside every hour to ask if we wanted to play darts/table tennis. The people were really extremely nice but it didnt make for the relaxing time we'd hoped for. It rained for more than half the time that we were there and it was quite dull as this kind of place really relies on the sunshine. The only English tv that we had was international news, which would not really be a problem, but it would have been nice to have the choice to watch movies on a rainy day.

I have to say, this was our first and last time to Marmaris. It was my worst nightmare- all British bars, British restaurants, horrible. The marina area round the yacht club was nice and we had a great dinner there, but if youre looking for anything remotely cultural or an insight into Turkish culture do not come here.

2  Thank notsolatethistime

Dear Guest

We are so thankful to receive your review about our hotel and our colleagues.

Your observations and feedbacks will definately be taken into consideration by our management. As we are always giving the priority to our guests' opinions, we will be more careful on those issues.

We will be so pleased to see yourselves at our hotel again.