“5star holiday in ichmeler. ilir”
Review of Hotel Aqua

Hotel Aqua
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was my first visit to the aqua hotel in ichmelerilir having visited numerous hotels and locations in Turkey over the past 20 years.It is without doubt the best overall experience we have had,could not find fault with anything.Staff,food,location,wellness centre are all 5 star.If you are contemplating a holiday in turkey look no further than the hotel Aqua you will not be disappointed.Satisfaction assured.

Room Tip: rooms to the South side of the hotel appear to be quieter .
3  Thank Watty358
AquaManager, Manager at Hotel Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased to hear you had a nice stay with us. We pride ourselves on our high quality standards of accommodation and efficient guest service. We hope to see you again in the future.
Hotel Management.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Aqua

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and i had a wonderful 2 weeks stay at this hotel.In fact we enjoyed ourselves so much that we intend going back there next year.WE cannot fault this hotel in any way.From the reception staff the waiters and waitresses to the cleaners they were all very friendly and helpful.The Aqua Hotel is situated in its own grounds and has a lovely swimming pool and private beach with plenty of sun loungers for everyone. You get a free safe, free fridge stocked every day with soft drinks beer milk and water.I cannot seem to say enough about this lovely hotel, especially about allthe staff they were so good.Hope to see you again next year if health permits.

4  Thank Shopaholic006

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your time to wrote this review. We are pleased to hear you had a nice stay with us. I’m glad to hear that you found our staff so helpful. We pride ourselves on our guest service and I’ve passed your comments onto the relevant staff. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future. Kind regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a friendly welcoming hotel, we were looked after like royalty for the entire holiday, it is a modern, clean hotel and all the staff are smart, and attentive to all guests
Will book for another visit soon

Room Tip: Most rooms have a sea view and have a mini bar
1  Thank lutoncouple

Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind comments about our hotel.We are very proud of the high standards we operate here and it is always lovely to hear our guests have had a wonderful stay with us. We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Another fab holiday at the aqua liked the improvements from last year the bathrooms are great rooms great food is excellent .the gardens are immaculate.staff can not be faulted.special mention for George at the pool halicia at the pool bar also a big thank you to sule for the nice room just one hiccup what happend to the dress code see you next year already booked terry & olive

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Olive S

Dear reviewer,
We lıke to know that you are satısfıed wıth the improvements and our staff workers. We pride ourselves on our high quality standards of accommodation and efficient guest service. We hope to see you again in the future.
Hotel Management.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

went 13th may for 10 days 7 of us 750 each a/i 1st visit great location one of the best hotels loved the walk in shower - most staff very friendly one at the outside snack bar needs learn to smile - outside pool and inside pool great a couple of strides to the beach lots of sunbeds - entertainment ok best night abba and turkish night and 4 girls on one nite hard to get seats to watch in and out - trust jewellers 2nd st on left as u leave hotel and across road were brill and better prices than uk for gold - lots of nice bars near canal fav bam boo bar they fussed over my special needs 27yr old and had him up dancing and us - lovely food but missed bacon and sausage at breakfast loved the town and the local market was good -

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank zigzag
AquaManager, Manager at Hotel Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Reviewer,
Many thanks for taking the time to write your kind comments about our hotel.We are very proud of the high standards we operate here and it is always lovely to hear our guests have had a wonderful stay with us.We lıke to know that you are satısfıed wıth our entertainment .Thank you for your detailed review about our staff .We hope you visit us again soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have just came back from this amazing hotel, I am GLUTEN FREE and had no problem at all, if you go to customer service on your first day she will take you to see the chef and explain, she will also write you a card (in Turkish) to take with you if you eat out, always something for me to eat (no cakes though hahaha!) plenty of rice, grilled chicken, salad, veg, chips are fine, crème caramel (G.F), omelettes. no end of great food. I can only speak for myself but I was fine and had 2 fantastic weeks. Cant wait to go back to the Aqua. :-) You must also visit the Love Boat for a meal (if you show them the card to explain you are G F they will advise you on the menu.
ONLY ONE PROBLEM came back fatter than I went. :-) Great time had by all.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Carole M

Dear reviewer,
Thank you kindly for taking the time and bestowing us with generous compliments . We are truly delighted that you were happy with your time here. We lıke to know that you are satısfıed wıth food and our staff workers.We wısh you come back to stay wıth us agaın
Best reguards

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We have been to Brazil, Australia, Greece, America, Belgium, Spain and France, ... But then we found TURKEY !!!!!.

I am writing this review, after I returned last week from a fortnight in the Hotel Aqua, Icmeler. I would just like to thank the Jet 2 staff whom made mine and my husband flights spectacular, the cabin crew were always on hand if needed, and the in flight meal was far more beautiful than the usual rubbish we would end up with from Virgin, EasyJet and Thomas Cook. They made sure our first was well quenched by offering us drinks throughout the flight, they were so helpful and the pilot was a laugh too. With his little witty announcements over the intercoms.

We arrived at the Hotel on time. A member of staff was there to greet us and asked us if we had a same flight. He even pointed out some of his favourite restaurants from within icmeler, and even told me jokingly I look liked Angelina Jolie, despite the fact I am 56 ! ! he was so kind and carried our bags from the coach into reception, he waited while we checked in where he carried our bags to the lift and up to our rooms. He placed them in our rooms for us. And wished us a beautiful holiday, and hopes to see us around. The reception staff upon check in made a mess up though, they placed us on a ground floor pool view, which was okay but we had paid for an upgrade to top floor sea view, which took them all of five minutes to rectify. Which was brilliant, they offered us some complimentary home made cake upon arrival to our room, which we willingly accepted. A beautiful apple crumble which came as we had just finished unpacking.

The sea view room was spectacular, we loved watching the sun set over the horizon and listening to the beautiful ambience of the nightlife of Icmeler. The room itself was impressive, the bed was comfy, and it did wonders for my husbands hip replacement, he had been experiencing some pain, but that seemed to have cured it. We had 8 pillows on our bed, (4 large ones) and 4 smaller ones. The bathroom was clean, really clean and really modern. Complimentary bath robes, slippers, towels , hand towels, soap, shampoo and shower gel too.!. The television managed to pick up BBC one. We saw 20 minutes of EastEnders last Tuesday, which was showing in Turkey at 9:30 due to the two hours difference, but then it lost signal so we finished up the evening watching a foreign translated version of Footloose, which I didn't mind as it had English subtitles. The room was spacious, with a beautiful balcony. Which caught a lovely amount of sun in the mornings. The rooms were cleaned at 11:00 am on the spot. Could not fault the made Anya, she was such a lovely lady and spoke great English too, we left them a lovely tip of 50tl. (Lira) . The room had a mini fridge which was stocked each day with Cans of Coca Cola, Fanta, Sprite , Water and a bottle of Chardonnay

The pool we loved, it was beautiful and warm , all day long. We usually stay in adult only accommodation on our travels, but this was not bad at all. With it been during the school term times. and all. The pool was cleaned near on all the time. Never a battle for a sun bed. At all.

The hotel in itself was about 85% English, 10%American and 5% other. We met a lovely couple called Sharon and Roy, whom say they have stayed at Hotel Aqua for the past 3 years and it never fails to impress them.
The Food was so elegant. Finely organised and never the same, every night brought something different. Chicken, Fish, Turkey, Beef, Mash Potato, Yorkshire Puddings (On Sunday, funnily enough) , Chips, Kebabs, Salad (Tomato, Lettuce, Carrots, Coleslaw etc..) And the deserts were succulent, Black pudding was my favourite, Some Turkish dishes also. Chocolate Gateaux etc....
The bar area I did not use but my Husband drank Efe's beer and was even lucky enough to come across a can of John Smith's in the lobby bar. The beer was always Ice Cold and nice, so my husband Arthur says). I drank the pop. Mainly sprite, I drank that much it gave me gas. haha. The waiters could not have been more helpful. They were tonnes of fun and seemed great with kids. They came to us every night and asked if they could get us some drinks. They even brought me my dinner one evening. I felt a bit silly if I am honest . I would also definitely recommend the Spa, have the leg treatment at 70tl it lasts for 60 minutes and it did wonders on my Osteoarthritis. Which I have suffered from since I was 35. I felt like I could run for miles. It was so great, I could not believe it. My husband at 64 had turkish bath and embarrassingly he took of his towel and down came is Speedo. I have never been so humiliated in all my life, lol but it was fun.
The icmeler town was great, I loved it. The locals were so friendly and many bargains were to be found on the market. I was looking at fake prada bags, which were real leather but a price of 200tl. I said no then the man took it down to 45tl for me. I was gob smacked, the things they would do for money. They were all a laugh. They tried flogging my husband a shirt which read 'Fully loaded' with an arrow pointing to his below region. Saying "I bet your a veteran in the bedroom aren't you friend" which i found amusing My husband did not buy it , So I bought it for my Nephew.
The restraunt I loved most was Dolce Vita which stood almost on the beach front the entertainment and food there was so amazing. A lot of food which would be found in England. Roman or Romeo, I think his name was, were a good laugh. He even walked us back up to the hotel. Which wasn't needed but hey ho.

The Hotel entertainment was so amusing and we were never bored. They made sure we was happy. We saw them all day everyday except Sunday when its the day off. They had different, fun shows every night. A professional drag team came on Thursday. They pulled 8 men up and gave them a rather amusing lap dance. Before dressing them up and teaching them to drag. Arthur was in his eye holes. When they called him up. The stubborn git refused lol. They were great fun with kids and us in people.
The beach was so soft and warm, the sea and beach was clean. With life guard called Uzmit, working it, the police were called to a rowdy man who started pissing in the bushes. But that was soon dealt with. Watch out for the men selling dodgy watches on the sea front. They charge 50tl for some that seem to work but then they don't when you get them. I learnt the hard way. We went into Marmaris, twice but that was it. It was too loud for us. So we stuck to Icmeler.

I have seen some places in my life but this tops the lot.

Food 10/10
Location 10/10
Entertainment 10/10
Staff 10/10
Bar 10/10
Pool 10/10
Rooms 10/10
EVERYTHING 10 OUT OF 10.... GO HERE AND DON't LISTEN TO THE PROFFESIONAL MOANERS !.

Room Tip: get the sea front top floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
AquaManager, Manager at Hotel Aqua, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for all your feedback to the hotel and information for future guest, as to the area and for bestowing us with your generous compliments in respect to our accommodations and amenities. We were truly delighted that we exceeded your expectations.
Thank you for staying with us.
We are looking forward to welcome you back to Hotel Aqua.
Kind Regards
Hotel Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
SENTIDO Sea Star
Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace
MARTI Resort de Luxe
MARTI Resort de Luxe
#17 of 77 in Icmeler

Been to Hotel Aqua? Share your experiences!