“Go Compare”

Ranked #1 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
merseyside
“Go Compare”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Here is a comparison between a 3 star B+B and a 5 star all-inclusive holiday.
I looked at the flights first and they were around 500 for two Then I added the coach transfer at 20 pounds. 520...Then I looked at a 3 star hotel B+B in a good location at 20 pounds per night adding up to 140 pounds for a week. Compare this to a 5 star all inc at 588 (price with Icmeler Online) The cheapest, who Price match anyway
Big difference you say BUT think on you eat out every lunch and evening meal.
A simple Lunch for two with a drinks adds up to 20 pounds (Maybe 15 if you keep is very simple.
Then an evening meal that will add up to 25 to 30 pounds for two with drinks.
Now assume you go to a bar in the evenings and spend say 10 pounds for just a couple of drinks (for two) Keeping it simple and low it all adds up to 20 + 25 + 10 = Over 50 pounds a day Call it 50 for 7 days = 350 pounds Add Ice creams ETC its more.
Now add up the cost of the meals and the 3 star hotel 140 + 350 = Around 500 pounds..
My point is the Aqua Grand Lux 5 star All Inclusive Hotel is just 588 and that’s 88 pounds more than the budget 3 star hotel! By going 5 Star you get a luxury hotel Luxury room with room slippers. All meals and a snack bar open all day included and as it’s a 5 Star the meals are excellent.
Do not compare to the cheap all-inclusive where its salad every day!! You will be sorry if you book a cheap all inc holiday! You do get what you pay for. In a / the Aqua Grand Lux you also get all your drinks included from the morning till bedtime. This is everything from Beers to Cocktails Spirits and soft drinks and even Tea and Coffee all Inc and free at any time during your stay Unlimited. There are al a cart evenings too.
Note they even give you Beach towels and have free sun beds in their own section of the beach.
Then there is a Sauna and a heated indoor pool as well as the outdoor pool.
There is Live on stage entertainment every evening and also fun and games in the day.
The glass lift runs up the outside of the hotel and if you are not a guest you will see and hear the outdoor shows that are on every night and envy the guests. There are security guards on the entrances to stop gatecrashers. I added up the costs of doing it on the cheap and compared it to the 5 star Aqua in Icmeler in Turkey and realised it does not actually cost a great deal more!!! But there is more to do in the evenings apart from trudging the streets and having to top at 10% for everything you have!
I know from experience and the reviews will confirm that a Cheap all-inclusive will be just that... CHEAP. You will hate the food. Read all the reviews. BUT do check out the reviews on the 5 Star more expensive all-inclusive. Do the sums and work it out and see that B+B can cost much the same after adding up what you SPEND on food and drink.
Take a look at the Video for the Aqua Grand Lux, Its posh.

Room Tip: Get the top or 3rd floor for best views Lower floors have tall palm trees blocking your sea view. It...
7 Thank Paul B
AquaManager, Manager at Hotel Aqua, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
thank you for taking the time to write your generous and informative review and recommendation.
Our aim is to offer an all inclusive service with a personal touch, Customer feedback is very important to us, enabling us to adapt and improve our services continually.
Thank you for your loyal and valued custom, we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Aqua again soon.
Hotel Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Cannot fault this hotel from the minute you check in everyone is helpful, food is outstanding, rooms are spotless, would definitely recommend it. The only downside I have at the moment is that the price for this holiday next year has gone up by at least £250 per person for a week.

Room Tip: We didn't have a very good view but didn't matter as we were only in our room to get changed...
1 Thank angie127
AquaManager, Manager at Hotel Aqua, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
thank you for your most generous feedback, We are delighted to learn your stay at Hotel Aqua more than matched your expectations.
Regards the prices for next year, we are aware there are difficulties with flight operations next year and this may be reflected in the pricing. We work with several tour operators in the UK. Also, it is possible to contact us direct for a quote. It is therefore advisable to make comparisons before making your reservation.
Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Had a great holiday at Hotel Aqua in late September/early October. Everywhere very clean although view from room wasn't up to much. Food very good and am at a loss to know why some people thought the food wasn't good. Entertainment was quite good even if a little repetitive going into second week. Met some lovely people and the staff at Aqua are to he highly commended, they are excellent. This was our first visit to Turkey, but hopefully not the last. My partner and I on talking to other holiday makers seemed to have paid a little over the norm, but this isn't the fault of the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose high floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank greygemgem
Dear Manager,
thank you for taking the time to write your most generous review. We are very happy to learn you enjoyed your first visit to Turkey, also that your stay at Hotel Aqua more than matched your expectations. We will pass on your compliments to our staff.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

What can I say about The Aqua....all those excellent and good reviews are spot on...Food excellent you won't starve, bread is to die for as are the desserts, love the soup would have liked more Turkish recipe soups though. Hotel Aqua is in the perfect spot handy for everything lovely beach, sunbeds with comfy cushions, lovely pool which gets shaded in the afternoon and you need some shade out of the hot sun. Rooms are cleaned everyday and toiletries replaced as is the water in mini fridge which is stocked on arrival and then only water replaced, which is not a problem. Staff Are very hard working, cheerful and helpful nothing is too much trouble for them. Special mention to Buddy Holly in the restaurant, hardworking George who keeps pool area immaculate and last but not least Ertan bar person extraordinaire he is an absolute star and one to keep, The Aqua is a beautiful hotel with a lovely garden area and a more relaxing holiday you will not have, 3rd and 4th floors have the better views, we stayed in room 443 and overlooked the Marti La Perla and had a sea view, we stayed early October and quite frankly if we go back to the area again would not stay anywhere else...Number 1 hotel it surely is you will not be disappointed......try it. Thanks to Maureen & Steve P from Heswall and Eddie & Edwina R from Huntingdon for your company and good fun...and Thank you Aqua Hotel for a great holiday.

Room Tip: 4th Floor sea/pool view email hotel directly.
2 Thank Sue H
Dear Reviewer,
thank you for taking the time to write your most generous review following your recent stay with us at Hotel Aqua. We are delighted to learn that we helped create a fantastic holiday experience for you. We will also pass on your compliments to 'Buddy Holly' George and Ertan who helped take care of your needs and make your stay a little more special.
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to hosting you again soon.
doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed at the hotel Aqua this year in September,having never visited Turkey before we didnt know what to expect but we were not disapointed,the hotel feels really special from the moment you walk in and the staff are very friendly and welcoming,our room was lovely and clean and met all our requirements although we never had a good view, but the views from outside and the surrounding areas are beautiful,the pool areas are lovely but it was not always easy to get a sunbed,although there are plenty of seating areas around,the food was very nice but would have preffered the food to have been served a little later as a few nights i went to bed a little hungry especially after a few beers,ideally the pizzas and burgers should have been served until the bars closed at the hotel, would love to visit again i cant find a hotel in turkey to match the Aqua

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Doncasteraren
Dear Reviewer,
thank you so much for your most generous and positive review, we are delighted to learn you enjoyed your first visit to Turkey and your expectations were fully met at Hotel Aqua. We are sorry to learn you went to bed feeling a little hungry sometimes, as we offer late soup to cater for these needs!
We will pass on your compliments to our staff. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Bangor, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Myself (32) and my fiance (28) are just back from a week at Hotel Aqua in mid October 2012. Overall we had a good time but there were certain things we weren't happy with.

The hotel had a very elderly clientele but I think this could be more to do with the time of year than the hotel itself.

The entertainment seemed to start at 9:30pm and go on to 11pm or so and included an Abba tribute band. Not our kind of thing but the coffin dodgers seemed to enjoy it.

The food was very repetitive and not really to our taste. They did do a nice fish in egg batter on one occasion and the chips were nice but everything else we tried was very bland or just didn't taste nice. There is a snack bar too but nothing very tasty here either, except the chips. We really liked the look of food in the Patisserie but the stuff we tried was a bit dry and bland. We found ourselves eating out most of the time.

The hotel also has a barber and beauty therapist. The barber approached me in the outside bar area and asked if I got irritation when I shave. I told him I did and he gave me the hard sell on a Turkish shave and told me how much better it is. I've never had a Turkish shave before and I thought that the hotel was probably the best (but not cheapest) place to experience my first. I came to his Salon the next day and during my shave he told me how dirty my skin was and that I needed a facial. I said no two times but he was very pushy so I caved in. He did give me some discount so it cost me £18 or so in the end. The shave was a bit patchy and it caused severe irritation and later scabbing around my neck and chin. I guess the barbers mis-coloured teeth and bad body odour should have set off the alarm bells. I didn't make a complaint but I wish I did now. Be sure to avoid this guy if you stay here.

Other than this we were happy with our stay. The view was fantastic, the location is excellent, the staff were friendly and helpful and everything was very clean. There were 7 kittens living with their mother near the bar area and they cheered us up when the thunderstorms were getting us down a bit!

We had stayed the previous year in a similar all inclusive hotel called Aqua Fantasy in Kusadasi which is a fantastic hotel so I think our expectations were quite high. We would consider going back here but it would have to be at the right price.

Room Tip: Third or Forth floor overlooking the pool for the best views.
2 Thank toooner
Dear Reviewer,
thank you for your c omments, we take all feedback very seriously and value all opinions expressed. We are pleased that your comments overall are positive with our standards of guest service and accomodation.
Thank you also for bringing to our attention the Barber issue, we take this type of feedback very seriously.
As you rightly point out your needs maybe better catered for during high season.
Thank you once more for taking the time to write your review and for staying at Hotel Aqua.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Heswall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

We arrived at 6.00am due to flight delay and the warm welcome we received from the reception was refreshing from the booking in and our bags taken to our room fast and efficient .The room itself was spacious very well equiped shampoo conditioner, mini shoe shiner, cotton buds,cotton pads,along with complimentary slippers.and the mini Bar was well stocked. The atrium was very spacious and airy very well laid out with the bar pattiserie and Ice Cream counter staff here very friendly with a good sense of humour The restaurant choice was extremely varied very well presented and fresh well done to the catering staff and chefs including the chef at the Barbeque The entertainment was very good some nights and a bit repetative on others but well worth trying out The Bar Staff here were superb no waiting even when the entertainment was on. To my surprise they also have tthere own brand of Bacardi which is very pallatable makes a pleasant change as other hotels we have stayed at do not include this on the all inclusive Our waiter at meal times was superb
I was a bit dubious booking this hotel as we have always stayed at the Marti hotels for the last 8 years But I would not hesitate to HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE HOTEL AQUA and we will be definately be back next year Thankyou to all the staff who could not do enough for us

4 Thank Maureen P
Dear Reviewer,
We sincerely appreciate your recognition and recommendation. We are always delighted to hear our guests have enjoyed their stay and our staff have helped meet their needs. We will pass on your kind compliments to our staff.
Thank you once more for your most generous review, we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Aqua again soon.
Hotel Management.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
SENTIDO Sea Star
D Maris Bay
#1 of 1 in Hisaronu Bay
Grand Yazici Club Turban
Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace

Been to Hotel Aqua? Share your experiences!