“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 79 Hotels in Icmeler
cowdenbeath
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

The Aqua exceeded our expectations. Location, food & amenities were all superb. no welcome meeting but go to the beach road and you can sign up for cheap sea trips. We went to turtle beach - no turtles - and mud baths for £12 meal included. Aqua has its own beach with free sunbeds. Pool sunbeds are easy to get although folk put their towels down early. Local beer is free and its the same stuff you get up the street. All staff are attentive and the waiters keep you supplied with drink with your meals - thanks Biret. One tip from a waiter..avoid the water from the restaurant unless from bottles. Too late for me as I got a 1 day bug, Its located very near to shops and bars but is quiet at night. We had hotel dog barking outside so my wife complained politely and we got best suite in hotel (see photo) but our first room was okay too. All in all I would go back again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
AquaManager, Manager at Hotel Aqua, responded to this review, December 10, 2011
Dear Reviewer, Many thanks for your positive feedback following your recent stay at Hotel Aqua .We are always delighted to hear our guests have enjoyed their stay and our staff have helped to meet their needs. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back to Hotel Aqua.
Kind Regards
Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Elgin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Hotel Aqua and have had a lovely holiday. Last year we went to the Concorde De Luxe in Lara Beach at Antalya and had an amazing time and we wondered how this would measure up as it was a bit cheaper and not 24 hour all inclusive. We chose this hotel based on recommendations from friends and were not disappointed. The hotel is in a lovely setting just footsteps from the beach. It has lovely grounds with trees and little streams and is very picturesque. Rooms are very comfortable, with the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. Some people have said the bathrooms are too small and they are not large but they are entirely sufficient - after all you do not spend too much of your holiday in the bathroom. The hairdryers are not good though and I would recommend that you take your own, I know I wish I had. The air con in the rooms is excellent and this was much appreciated in the temperatures we experienced. The balcony is very nice and it was lovely to sit out there at night. We had room 418 which had a lovely view of the sea, restaurant and entertainment area. There is plenty of storage space in the rooms and a minibar topped up daily with water. It would have been nice if this was topped up with soft drinks and a couple of beers and I am not sure why they do not do this as it is all inclusive anyway, but not a huge problem.

The public areas are nice and airy (except for the hallways which are very hot when waiting for the lift to come) and it has a real old world charm about the place. There is a Spa which offers various treatments but cannot comment on this as we did not venture into it. The guy from the Spa does tend to hassle you every day round the pool to go and get various treatments which was pretty annoying - once you have said 'no' he should really take the hint. If he had not bothered us on a daily basis I may have indeed gone to the Spa for a look but he put me off. The pool area is great, really comfy pool beds and fab matresses with pillows. George who looks after this area is a real star of the hotel and cannot do enough for you. He was constantly taking our towels away and bringing us fresh ones, and opening the towel kiosk outwith his times to get people fresh towels, a really lovely friendly guy. The pool was small compared to other hotels I have stayed in and yet it never seemed small as was never crowded and was really refreshing, The rails into the pool were very dodgy and loose which could well cause an accident but I think the hotel was trying to get this fixed. Some reviews have stated that you needed to get up early for a bed round the pool but we did not find this to be the case. We went down at 9am and got 2 beds most days and sometimes even as late as midday there were still beds.

The beach area was lovely too and we spent some days here. It was cooler than round the pool which was refreshing. The beach can appear crowded as all the beds are pretty close together but once you are settled you do not really feel on top of each other. The sea was gorgeous, stoney and a bit sore underfoot but worth putting up with for the experience of floating in the lovely water.

Restaurants at the hotel were good. The buffet restaurant served a variety of meals for breakfast lunch and dinner. I did not go to breakfast much but my partner enjoyed it and I did enjoy the pancakes on the times I ventured down. The snack bar beside the pool also served a decent variety from 12 - 4pm. After 2 weeks I must admit that the food started to become pretty samey but I think this is to be expected from an all inclusive hotel, there are only so many meals you can make over a 2 week period. The quality of the food was always good but I admit that the variety has been much better in other places I have stayed. That said, I enjoyed my meals and there is no way that you would not be able to find something you liked unless you were really fussy. I did not enjoy the desserts I must say but other people did so this is down to individual taste and there was always ice cream which was delicious. We did eat out a couple of times in Icmeler and I can highly recommend both the Love Boat Restaurant and the The Lighthouse Restaurant where we had great meals.

Drink selection was an area I was disappointed in. The hotel is all inclusive and yet you have to pay if you want an alcoholic cocktail. I am not a great drinker but I do enjoy cocktails when I am on holiday and the only one included in the all inclusive was a rather sweet mixture. There was also no local white rum on offer so bacardi drinkers would have to pay for their tipple. I did enjoy my drinks however and drank mostly soft drinks and the slushys which were delightful. I also enjoyed the odd vodka and orange and my partner enjoyed his lager, I just find it odd that they do not include the cocktails in the all inclusive deal. I had a few cocktails out in the bars and can recommend the Dreamboys bar who deliver their cocktails in an interesting although embarrassing way - go there and enjoy!!

The main thing that stands out in this hotel is the staff, They are all so friendly and hard working and cannot do enough for you. They are a complete joy and a credit to the hotel management. The boys at the bar are a great laugh especially Ali and Damla from the entertainment team is a bubbly friendly young girl. The entertainment is not the best and there have been a lot of complaints about it but I thought it was ok. It was a bit repetitive over 2 weeks as we had 2 lots of karaoke and saw the same show a couple of times but it was really ok. It only really lasts from 10 - 11pm and the bar shuts at midnight and that is it. It was not a highlight but there is entertainment to be had in the town if you want it and it is certainly not as dire as some folks have made out on their reviews.

The town is on the doorstep and this was a bonus as it was nice to go for a wander at night and sit in some pavement bars and cafes. The resort and the hotel was very British and there are British guests everywhere which is nice if that is what you like. I kind of like to see a bit more of the traditional country and hear a lot of languages around me so the real British feel to it is not something I was that into but I can see why we Brits go there as it really is lovely. There were lots of bars showing British football and advertising DJ's from Essex and Manchester, not really my thing.

To sum up, this is a really lovely hotel although I would say it is suited for older guests as a lot of the guests were 50 plus. It is pretty, comfortable, good food, excellent staff and you really will have a great time if you go there. I would consider going again but if I had to choose the better holiday between this year and last year at the Concorde De Luxe in Lara Beach then I'm afraid the Concorde would have to win. That said, a really great time, thank you Aqua for a great holiday.

Room Tip: The top floor is the best I would say as the trees would block the views from lower floors. We had 4...
4 Thank JaneLizzy29
Bury, Lancs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2011

Excellent facilities, location and service and a very high standard of cuisine for a holiday hotel. The Aqua definitely deserves its 5 star rating. Design of hotel ensures all rooms have sea views. Pool, gardens and private section of beach (easily accessible just across the pedestrian promenade) are all of a high standard.
Quality of evening entertainment - mostly from the in house animations team - is a little poor, but typical of most holiday hotels. Despite the all inclusive regime, we found some great music bars in Icmeler, within a 5 mins walk, which made a pleasant change. Highly recemmended hotel and Icmeler is a very picturesque setting.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to have a sea view but a pool view ensures the best outlook
lisburn northern ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

Just returned from hotel aqua, had a fantastic holiday, our first time to Turkey, we will be returning to this hotel again next year! It is a fantastic 5 star hotel with a friendly homely feel to it. Everything was fantastic, the food was delicious good variety of foods every day, we had lunch everyday at the pool bar - pizza, chips, salads, grilled chicken and dinner at the restaurant/buffet where there was a great variety of salads, breads, rice, chips, pasta and different meat/fish dishes etc Everynight you could also get grilled chicken breast on the bbq which were delicious!! The service was fantastic in every part of the hotel, staff very friendly and fantastic at their job! Rooms were great, spacious, good air con, and we had a fantastic view of the mountains, sea and swimming pool!! You got unlimited free bottled water with all inclusive, the alcohol was also included, the local beer and wines were all lovely and the cocktails too! You could easily not leave this hotel if you were there for a week as its such a beautiful hotel with lovely surroundings, but if you want to there is a promenade just at the hotels edge where you have your own section of the beach, there are shops close at hand and plenty of bars and restaurants to go to if you like to go out, and it is very cheap!! You get no hassle in icelmer at all even in the shops! It is about a 45minute walk to marmaris along the promenades, nice interesting walk, but still preferred icelmer!
This is a fantastic hotel, the best in I have ever been in, and I would like to thank all the staff for such a wonderful holiday!!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Spent 2 weeks at Aqua in August ( stopped for 1 week in May - see review ).Hotel standards still very good except for a few points :-
Entertainment absolutely shocking.Apart from Burak,the others would have been more at home at a club 18-30 holiday.Even the standard of the evening entertainment was rather crude for a family hotel.( several other guests were of the same opinion ).
In May there was no music or entertainment at the pool.In August there was poolside music which was ok,except at 3pm each day when there was water aerobics when the music was so loud,you couldn't talk to each other for 45 minutes.
Last year at 3pm there were dishes of ice cold melon handed out to everybody round the pool at 3pm,followed by ice cold towels.This was most welcome in the August heat.But this year - nothing except for the occasional towels
Vegetarian meal choices were still very limited,BUT, two of the chefs cooked vegetarian dishes specially for my sister in law.Praise where it's due.
These are the only criticisms of the hotel,otherwise everything is superb with all the staff being very helpful and friendly.
Would I go back to this hotel - yes,can't wait for next year

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bedfordshire England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Just returned from this fabulous hotel. We were all inclusive and I can't fault the food especially the desserts which were out of this world. Wonderful staff, brilliant surroundings and Icmeler is a lovelytown.The rooms were great although the bathrooms were perhaps a tad too small but that is the only negative that I have to say about the hotel. The location of the hotel is perfect, backing straight onto the beach. All in all about the best all round holiday we have had so far - can't wait to return!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank susiew0ng45
Haverhill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

I have stayed at the Hotel Aqua,and may i say the hotel is fab! i stayed on a half board+ basis,where you get free alcoholic or soft drinks with your dinner.The evening buffet is excellent as is the music that is put on by the musicians,nightlife is just around the corner with plenty of bars and shops to keep you amused.Try the pleasant walk along the promanade towards Marmaris,about 1 to 1 and a half hours slow walk. The swimming pool is also very inviting at the Aqua.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank RickyBull
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
SENTIDO Sea Star
D Maris Bay
#1 of 1 in Hisaronu Bay
Grand Yazici Club Turban
Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace

Been to Hotel Aqua? Share your experiences!