“Icmeler is wonderful and Ercanhan meets your needs.”
Review of Ercanhan Hotel

Ercanhan Hotel
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Ercanhan has a great location, close to all amenities. This is the second time we have stopped there and would be happy to return. The rooms in the main building are fine. Ariffi the cleaner is absolutely fantastic...nothing is too much trouble. Last years manager, Murat, has moved on. His organisation and expectations of his team are sadly missed.

For a basic hotel it ticks all the boxes. As last year the staff are fine but appeared a little tired and unorganised this year. The pool was very popular with families and the pool bar is very accessible. The breakfast is limited although it met our needs. Fruit juice would be a much needed addition, particularly for the children.

The evening meals were good and competitively priced. Late evenings were ok although entertainment was limited. The barbeque night was good. Great food and entertainment from staff, although visiting acts spent limited time performing during the evening and all came cap in hand before they shot off.

Overall for a basic hotel it ticks all the boxes as a starting point to enjoy the locality. You really feel at home.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building should be prioritised.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JARYED

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I am writing this on behalf of my mum n norman it was there first visit to icmeler and I stayed some were else and this lovely little gem was great for them staff was really friendly and helpful we had a couple of meals with them and food was lovely and reasonable and they will definitly be thinkin of returning thanks to you all for looking after them and making there holiday so enjoyable

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We are just back from this hotel after staying half board. The hotel it's self is clean and the rooms are basic but your not expecting a 5 star hotel for the price. The cleaner Fatma is lovely always has a smile for everyone and a cheery good morning as for the rest of the staff it took them all there time to even look at you. Where do I start!!!!! Every night when we went down for dinner we were asked are you half board and if so what room are you in, we were then given a shabby menu not with the same food as the paying guests got oh no this was a basic menu nothing changed in it over the week. The meals were put down on scratched plates again different from the guests who were paying for there meals on the night. Because neither my husband or myself drink during our meals this seams to have an effect on the way the staff treat you also. On the three nights (out of ten) that we did eat in the hotel the meals were look warm and not very appetising. I had fish and chips and when I bit into the fish it was a mouthful of bones !!!! Although we had paid through the travel agents for our meals we could not eat in the hotel, and we then had to pay again in a restaurant. I always read the reviews on the web sight about places before I book my holiday and this hotel seemed to have great reviews well all I can say is it must be the staff that is writing them. I would not touch this hotel with a barge pole!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I have just returned today from a 2 week holiday from 12th September 2013. It is a lovely hotel and for a small and basic hotel, it was spotlessly clean and very relaxing. The owner Ercan and the staff were very friendly, helpful and kind. Nothing was too much bother for them. We had lots of laugh with them all and it was more relaxing than the rest, which on our walk in the evenings, we found were very noisy and after our walks we were glad to get back to this lovely, peaceful hotel. The only thing I would say is, the breakfast needs to be changed, because a lot of people like cereals, yoghurts with honey in and toast. I fell in love with this hotel and so did my husband so we are planning another 2 or even 3 weeks there, next year. I am so glad they one the trip advisers award again this year because they certainly deserve it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dianemck2013
Reviewed September 23, 2013

we stayed at this hotel in september for 11 nights great location hotel very clean , staff very friendly a very special thank you to billy and typhun for making us very welcome. ignore the negative reviews most of the guests we spoke to are return guests . we look forward to returning next september.

Room Tip: room looking over pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gary p
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We are 2 mature ladies that stayed in this hotel 1st september - 7th september 2013 .The good things about this hotel is its location to the beach , shops and nightlife . The rooms were basic , comfortable and the linen changed regularly .We had a room on the ground floor which was just as well because if you were any higher 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th there was no lift and we would have to have carried our cases up .We paid extra for airconditioning which was utter rubbish and we had more cold air coming out of a 6in hand held fan than the unit .Most of the staff were friendly but from one in particular , because we chose not too drink in the hotel didnt really want to know you .The "" FRESH ORANGE JUICE "you could buy was from a cheap carton yuck !.The breakfast was dreadful and very very limited to bread , cheese , jam ,toms and cucumber We didnt expect a full English but come the last morning i just couldnt face it again . The evening meal , you did have a chose but it seemed like things from packets or pre packed .Dessert ice cream , fruit , or chocolate cake . The menu never changed even if you were there for 2 week.. Would i go there again or reconmend it NO NO NO There were plaques on the walls which said they had been awarded excellence from trip advisor Never In This World .

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor otherwise you have to carry suitcases up the stairs , not good if you are on t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank clarkeone
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks in the middle of August and it was absolutely boiling!! Everyday would reach between 40-50c depending on the time of day.

Usually we go for all inclusive hotels and was a bit worried about going bed breakfast but I'm glad we did as it was brilliant. The food is cheap enough out there that I would advice people not to pay a fortune for all inclusive as there is loads of restaurants to eat in.

When we first arrived we had a few problems which were not the hotels fault but the airline and travel agent. After a few days if trying to resolve the problems we decided to give up and put them to one side until we got home.

Well the hotel what can I say the location was fantastic. You are literally central to bars/restaurants and up the road from the beach. You can jump on a bus just up the road and go into marmaris by the bars or the old town which depending on where you get off takes about 10-15mins.

The food in the hotel was really nice most of our nights we spent eating in there and the prices were reasonable. The breakfast isn't as good due to it being a Turkish breakfast but there is a hotel just over the road and one round the corner which charge 3lira for a full English breakfast and then 3.50-4lira for a soft drink.

The hotel is very clean, the cleaners come in everyday and clean all the rooms. The towels and bed sheets are changed twice a week. You can ask for air con as this is an additional costing and is worth it as I was told it did get extremely cold with it on. We didn't bother with air con as we was situated on the back over looking the pool so of a morning and evening the room wasn't as hot.

Finally what can I say about the staff apart from they were truly amazing. At first I didn't think much but once you start talking to them and socialising they are fantastic. Marc, billy and tayfun were the bar staff and Nora and shaggy worked around the pool bar and breakfast. They were all really friendly and fun to be round.

I enjoy a relaxing sunbathing holiday where as my partner prefers to be busy so I'm glad he made some mates there and also got on with the staff. They play pool games in the afternoon such as volleyball and Marc is a cheeky bugger as both him and billy like to chuck people in the pool but we got our own back a few times. We stayed up all night until 8am talking to bar staff and another 8 guests. Some of the reviews state Marc was unprofessional, you have seriously took him the wrong way as his really friendly and yes he likes to wind people up but means nothing by it. ALL staff are fantastic and I wish I was back there now.

It was horrible coming home they all waited up till 2 in the morning to say bye to us and wave us off. I will defo be going back next year and can't wait to see everyone again. Hopefully some of the guest we met out there will also go back around the same time as it would be great to see everyone again.

The holiday type was suitable for families who are sociable. There isn't any kids activities at the hotel. Couples are also suited if they are looking for somewhere to chill and have a laff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple