“Great Up-Scale Steak House”
Review of Cupid's Restaurant

Cupid's Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 137 Restaurants in Icmeler
Cuisines: Indian, Turkish, Central European, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Up-Scale Steak House”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

With a STL Today ($25 for $50) coupon in hand,
my wife and I ventured off to Cupid's Steak House for the first time and were pleasantly surprised by the beautiful up-scale decor, food, and service. Don't let the outside fool you, the inside is very "down-town" elegant. The menu, wine list, and service were equivalent to major city steak house. The entire restaurant from bar to rest room were spotless sparkling clean. I had the Caesar salad and 16 oz bone-in rib eye. My wife had a “perfect pair” of twin 4 oz filets with béarnaise sauce. My rare and her med-well steaks were cooked perfectly and both were top notch quality. We shared a bottle of Charles Krug Napa Valley cabernet sauvignon at a very reasonable price. The overall price was very moderate considering the quality of the experience. Definitely less expensive than the other two “East of St Louis” better known up-scale restaurant steak houses. We would highly recommend it!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Craiglv2

• Turkish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“still good but disappointed with new staff”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

it was my sister and i's second trip to icmeler together in october this year and of course we visited cupids and as usual alex, harun, shaggy and the lovley casper who we met this year were all lovley. the food was delicious aswell and couldnt fault it. however, i wasnt impressed with the newer staff this year :( especially the guy behind the bar and a couple of his friends who were the typical 'turkish slimeballs' this was after having them constantly oggling my younger sister, which i could understand afterall every turk we cam across did this, but one evening when we were chatting to casper the barman and his friends were obiously discussing my sister in turkish and the look on caspers face when we asked what they were saying was one of "you dont want to know" i found this rude and derogotory! this in my opinion has let cupids down and i dont wish to visit again if they are there next year. sorry guys :( x

• Visited October 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great foo, creepy manager”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I went to Cupids a few times when I was in Icmeler, the food was very good, very reasonable priced, staff friendly and helpful, but the guy out the front - the manager - really put us off. All the young girls that came in, he was all over them, 1 time in particular, my OH and I were sitting having lunch and these two pretty English girls came in, immediately we were ignored and he went and was practically drooling over them, he looks late 30's too and these girls were about 19 which was quite uncomfortable to watch. He was doing the usual chat up lines then asked for their number, the were very reluctant, so he tried to get 1 of the girls phones of her to put his number into her phone. She was visibly upset and didn't know how to handle it. It's such a shame, because this wee restaurant is lovely, food delightful and all the rest of the staff were brilliant. But for this reason and this reason only, I will not be returning to Cupids unless the manager is not there. Sorry if my review offends anyone, but to see a grown man acting in such a manner is very uncomfortable and puts you off your food.

• Visited August 2012
Watford, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, good food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Alex on the door was lovely, very friendly to us (he even got the karaoke machine out especially for us!) The food was lovely, we had an offer which was a mezze and steak, the steak was lovely - a good size piece of meat and cooked perfectly!
We stayed on after our meal for a drink and we had a great night.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Danielle C
Rhondda, United Kingdom
“COMPAIRING RESTAURANTS”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I went to icmeler for a weeks break and went to various bars and restaurants for my evening
meals because i was in bed and breakfast hotel, i tried the BONJOUR the MANDALIN the
MAJESTIC the CUPIDS and various small bars and my top marks go to the MAJESTIC RESTAURANT
and the CUPIDS RESTAURANT for realy good food and service and most of all the clean
cooking areas that i was i was invited to look at, I would give these two restaurants 10 out of 10
for good food and service with a smile, When you go to ICMELER for a holiday visit these two
restaurants and you will see what i have said in this review is true, happy holidays to all, DAVID

• Visited October 2012