“Best place to stay in turkey”
Review of Bahar Apart

Bahar Apart
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best place to stay in turkey”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The rooms are small but lovely and clean, also the pool side has enough beds for everyone.the staff are fantastic and go out there way to make our holiday special.im am going back to the bahar this year in aug and looking forward to it. I hope they have the same staff eg: ozzy & rob, the 2 guys can't do enough for everyone and make our holiday complete. :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank T9gwenh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Turkish first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2013

stayed at bahar in august 2011 and 2012 found the appartments to be good.Cleaners excellent Rob always tries to help and ozzy,aiden were so much fun not pushy at all unlike hardy who was totally wrong for the place!but chatted to owner who is always so friendly and open to ideas .about making the place better for the guests.havent got a bad word to say have met some lovely friends there.Cant wait until september when we can return!!!!!!

Room Tip: WE have stayed in room 208 both times and have requested it again excellent position!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RachelANDrichard123
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Spent 2 weeks at these apartments,the rooms were clean, with linen and towel changes frequently,the staff are really friendly,especially Rob,breakfast were cheap and plenty of it.Pool is large with plenty of loungers and parasols,and a small pool to the front of apartments with slide.A truly relaxing place..Would recommend these apartments.Thank you Bahar.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tish Ann C
manchester
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Ok I'm writing this review while I'm staying at the aparts. These aparts are and have to be one of. The best I have stayed in for value there is no hassle ever you come and go as you please I have been coming here to Icmeler for a long long time and have many friends who I have been going to visit and never once been asked to stay and eat or drink here as I have been in a few bars in Icmeler. Rob the manager is a really great guy and goes out of his way to help you all staff are great especially Eren and aslan there only problem is they both support galataray :-) but would recommend these aparts to anyone the bad reports really don't read them till you have tried not 5star aparts but you get what you pay for but service I would give it 10 star

• Stayed October 2012
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

There were a few bad points about the holiday but it was a fantastic holiday. Im going to start with the bad points and one of them was one of the staff members. He was completney mesmirised by me so kept saying that he wanted to be my turkish boyfriend and constantly showing me attention etc and after the first couple of days it got fairly annoying and he got the point eventually and left me alone and after that it was friendly banter which im fine with. Another bad point was on the last day me and my mum sat in the restaurant waiting for our transfer bus a different member of staff was saying about a picture and as my mum went to take it he put his hand over his mouth and then pretended to kiss me so i got very annoyed about that but they were the only 2 bad points. I will admit i did feel a bit pressurised in to eating at the restaurant and going to the turkish night but the turkish night is fab entertainment but i found the music slightly loud but that's because I was sitting right under the speaker. But apart from these set backs the holiday was otherwise excellent. We arrived at like 1ish in the morning and 2 members of staff i think it was Rob and Ozzy who met us and took us up to our room taking our cases for us. They then left us to it. The room itself was a 1 bedroom apartment which was quite big for just me and my mum. We had 2 single beds a wardrobe 2 bedside cabinets and a mirror with a draw. The only bad thing about the room in general was the wardrobe didn't have enough hangers but that's a problem that can be sorted. The bathroom was a decent size and had a shower, toilet and sink which was great and the shower was in a cubical which meant that the floor i didnt get wet (or not as much) when either my mum or me had a shower. The kitchen and living area was lovely and the kitchen was basic which is good enough for us. There were 2 balconies which one was always in the sun and one was in the shade and they would chop and change so one balcony always had sun and one always had shade so it was perfect. There are always sunbeds down by the pool area and the pool is huge. The shallowist area is 1.3 meters deep and i could stand up so that pool is fantastic. There is a 1 meter deep pool with a slide which is fun and a baby pool. The bar staff mainly Ozzy and Ricky were helpful serving drinks and ice cream when you need it. There are also lunch time menus available and there are tables for this. There are wicker sun shades above the sunbeds which also give some sort of shade. I'd recommend going in to Marmaris and going to Icmeler town in the evening when the temperature cools down a bit. Sylvias and Eileens are great value for money. The safe deposit box is £10 a week. Air con is £30 a week or 40 euros. We asked Rob for a clothes horse and even when it didnt come in the shopping he got one out of an empty room for us and took it up to our own room. The apartments put on events like pool parties but if you don't want to go then just say no and be firm about it. The waterfall in the pool is sometimes on as well so it is a good place to stay. The staff are friendly and nothing is ever too much trouble for them and the apartments are clean thoroughly everyday and the beds are comfy. The maids know a little english and are also very kind. It has had its setbacks but what place doesnt? The rooms higher up are better but there are marble stairs which can become slippery so be careful. Ricky helped me with Wi-Fi issue to get a book on to my iPod. Also be careful around the pool because if you stand by the pool you may find youreself pushed in. However when that happens people get their ownback by pushing Ozzy and Ricky in to the pool as they are the main culprits. Ozzy went in to the pool around 5 or 6 times in one day. But apart from the tiny set backs the Bahar apartments is a lovely place to stay and I would highly recommend it! Great staff, Ricky, Ozzy, Rob, Hardy are all great staff members. I do have photos but they are nearly the same as what is on here anyway. But thank you all for a great holiday :)

Room Tip: The rooms higher up are better but there are marble stairs which can become slippery so be careful.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lolo1994
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at bahar at 3am in the morning we were very tired and just wanted to get our room but there was a few problems about how many beds there was it got sorted anyways. First of all The rooms were very very basic with hair dryer,balcony for every room and kitchenette and all the equipment,our room was spotless and was over looking the big pool which I thought was really good instead of being at the side or attic! There's a cat that came to our room every morning (room 110) and bitten my uncle once or twice but you just don't touch anywhere accept head,the pools and little pool at the front where great no glass or rubbish but is a very large amount of ants which you can't help about it gets very hot between 12-3 so probs best in shade if not a sun lover plenty of sunbeds for small amount of guests and we left our air bed and ring with them shrek put the ring behind the bar as I wrote on it (green) staff rob,ozzy,shrek,jayJay,and the rest where unreal had a good laugh with them and rob the manager is a great lad you can tell any problems too,ozzy does dancers on a night and always gets me up,shrek speaks half english and is all round a great guy that is so funny to speak too! I say if you want a 5 star hotel pay for a 5 star hotel,don't take in half of the bad reviews on here as I did not find anything bad about the apart when I was there.there all warm hearted and a bunch of crazy people

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Juiceystar
driffield
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Appartments were ok, basic but cleaned thoroughly daily so no complaints. The manager Rob and Ozzy were absolutely brilliant, nothing was too much trouble for either of them, fantastic and a real credit to the place. Hardy and Shrek were a nightmare, Hardy introduces himself the restaurant "expert"....... after we explained for 10 mins how to make toast and waited half an hour for it to arrive (we were the only customers) it was mouldy, Hardy shrugged his shoulders and walked away. He totally ignored us the rest of our stay and refused to serve us even with drinks!!!!!! Shrek was disgusting, touching all the male guests inappropiately, One table of 6 guests left saying the didn't know it was a gay bar!!! An absolute disgrace and sooo unfair to all the other staff. Would return if staffing issues were resolved. Also, no good hassling to eat there when food is raw, poorly cooked and takes over an hour to arrive often not what was ordered anyway!!!! then to be insulted by the "expert" for complaining..... NOT GOOD ENOUGH i'm afraid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends