“Good Holiday”
Review of Bahar Apart

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Icmeler
Bahar Apart
Reviewed October 14, 2012

There were a few bad points about the holiday but it was a fantastic holiday. Im going to start with the bad points and one of them was one of the staff members. He was completney mesmirised by me so kept saying that he wanted to be my turkish boyfriend and constantly showing me attention etc and after the first couple of days it got fairly annoying and he got the point eventually and left me alone and after that it was friendly banter which im fine with. Another bad point was on the last day me and my mum sat in the restaurant waiting for our transfer bus a different member of staff was saying about a picture and as my mum went to take it he put his hand over his mouth and then pretended to kiss me so i got very annoyed about that but they were the only 2 bad points. I will admit i did feel a bit pressurised in to eating at the restaurant and going to the turkish night but the turkish night is fab entertainment but i found the music slightly loud but that's because I was sitting right under the speaker. But apart from these set backs the holiday was otherwise excellent. We arrived at like 1ish in the morning and 2 members of staff i think it was Rob and Ozzy who met us and took us up to our room taking our cases for us. They then left us to it. The room itself was a 1 bedroom apartment which was quite big for just me and my mum. We had 2 single beds a wardrobe 2 bedside cabinets and a mirror with a draw. The only bad thing about the room in general was the wardrobe didn't have enough hangers but that's a problem that can be sorted. The bathroom was a decent size and had a shower, toilet and sink which was great and the shower was in a cubical which meant that the floor i didnt get wet (or not as much) when either my mum or me had a shower. The kitchen and living area was lovely and the kitchen was basic which is good enough for us. There were 2 balconies which one was always in the sun and one was in the shade and they would chop and change so one balcony always had sun and one always had shade so it was perfect. There are always sunbeds down by the pool area and the pool is huge. The shallowist area is 1.3 meters deep and i could stand up so that pool is fantastic. There is a 1 meter deep pool with a slide which is fun and a baby pool. The bar staff mainly Ozzy and Ricky were helpful serving drinks and ice cream when you need it. There are also lunch time menus available and there are tables for this. There are wicker sun shades above the sunbeds which also give some sort of shade. I'd recommend going in to Marmaris and going to Icmeler town in the evening when the temperature cools down a bit. Sylvias and Eileens are great value for money. The safe deposit box is £10 a week. Air con is £30 a week or 40 euros. We asked Rob for a clothes horse and even when it didnt come in the shopping he got one out of an empty room for us and took it up to our own room. The apartments put on events like pool parties but if you don't want to go then just say no and be firm about it. The waterfall in the pool is sometimes on as well so it is a good place to stay. The staff are friendly and nothing is ever too much trouble for them and the apartments are clean thoroughly everyday and the beds are comfy. The maids know a little english and are also very kind. It has had its setbacks but what place doesnt? The rooms higher up are better but there are marble stairs which can become slippery so be careful. Ricky helped me with Wi-Fi issue to get a book on to my iPod. Also be careful around the pool because if you stand by the pool you may find youreself pushed in. However when that happens people get their ownback by pushing Ozzy and Ricky in to the pool as they are the main culprits. Ozzy went in to the pool around 5 or 6 times in one day. But apart from the tiny set backs the Bahar apartments is a lovely place to stay and I would highly recommend it! Great staff, Ricky, Ozzy, Rob, Hardy are all great staff members. I do have photos but they are nearly the same as what is on here anyway. But thank you all for a great holiday :)

Room Tip: The rooms higher up are better but there are marble stairs which can become slippery so be careful.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lolo1994

Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at bahar at 3am in the morning we were very tired and just wanted to get our room but there was a few problems about how many beds there was it got sorted anyways. First of all The rooms were very very basic with hair dryer,balcony for every room and kitchenette and all the equipment,our room was spotless and was over looking the big pool which I thought was really good instead of being at the side or attic! There's a cat that came to our room every morning (room 110) and bitten my uncle once or twice but you just don't touch anywhere accept head,the pools and little pool at the front where great no glass or rubbish but is a very large amount of ants which you can't help about it gets very hot between 12-3 so probs best in shade if not a sun lover plenty of sunbeds for small amount of guests and we left our air bed and ring with them shrek put the ring behind the bar as I wrote on it (green) staff rob,ozzy,shrek,jayJay,and the rest where unreal had a good laugh with them and rob the manager is a great lad you can tell any problems too,ozzy does dancers on a night and always gets me up,shrek speaks half english and is all round a great guy that is so funny to speak too! I say if you want a 5 star hotel pay for a 5 star hotel,don't take in half of the bad reviews on here as I did not find anything bad about the apart when I was there.there all warm hearted and a bunch of crazy people

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Juiceystar
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Appartments were ok, basic but cleaned thoroughly daily so no complaints. The manager Rob and Ozzy were absolutely brilliant, nothing was too much trouble for either of them, fantastic and a real credit to the place. Hardy and Shrek were a nightmare, Hardy introduces himself the restaurant "expert"....... after we explained for 10 mins how to make toast and waited half an hour for it to arrive (we were the only customers) it was mouldy, Hardy shrugged his shoulders and walked away. He totally ignored us the rest of our stay and refused to serve us even with drinks!!!!!! Shrek was disgusting, touching all the male guests inappropiately, One table of 6 guests left saying the didn't know it was a gay bar!!! An absolute disgrace and sooo unfair to all the other staff. Would return if staffing issues were resolved. Also, no good hassling to eat there when food is raw, poorly cooked and takes over an hour to arrive often not what was ordered anyway!!!! then to be insulted by the "expert" for complaining..... NOT GOOD ENOUGH i'm afraid.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank mrsterry_12
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Had a fab holiday here 22nd Aug - 5th Sept
Loved every min, me my partner and my little girl went, my daughter is only 4 years old!!
The staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble, Rob is a star.
Rooms clean an tidy, basic but what else do you need you spend your time outside!
Looking to go back ASAP here to the bahar...cannot praise the staff hotel and everyone involved with this hotel...i would recommend it to anyone - but if your younger and looking for a girls/lads holiday go to Marmaris !!
Thanks again i love it here and love turkey :))

Room Tip: Room 205 was fab we had 2 Balconies :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hazel1985_12
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I came on holiday with a group of girls and stayed here. before we had even got of our bus upon arriving at the hotel we got bombarded by 5 males taking our cases and nothing was explained.

The staff seem nice and friendly at first but soon become very annoying on the first day by the pool this became apparent, the come up to you and talk when we were having private chats and are constantly shouting for you to buy drinks and ice creams, the staff tired to play but constantly pushing 20 something girls in the pool when its not wanted becomes very annoying. As this was the case me and my friends ended up going to another hotel during the day and we couldn't stand it anymore the pool area is also shaded more the day so you cant enjoy the sun much. As if being nagged during the day was not enough we got nagged at night to, trying to leave the hotel to eat else where (as the food was horrible and very expensive for what it is) became a nightmare too, the constantly hassle you to eat there and hang out with them. One of the staff became very fond of one of my friends and when the feelings were not mutual became very childish and refuse to talk to us or help us.

The rooms are very old and basic and don't really get cleaned the beds and towels do get changed although to very old bedding and towels, the floor and anything else doesn't. When we booked the hotel it said the air con was included which is isnt you have to pay an additional £30, which leaked everywhere.

We had a power cut one night which the staff did not understand as the cant speak very good english it took a whole 24 hours to get it fixed which ment we didnt have any light for a whole night and everything is our fridge went warm.

The shower is always cold so not enjoyable at all.

I hope this helps.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank bmr1
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Arrived at the bahar and wasn't sure what to expect, we knew that half of the property had been renovated and half hadn't so we crossed our fingers. We didn't luck out and ended up in the attic of the un-renovated building......however..... it was immaculately clean, the air con worked a treat, the bathroom was spacious and the apartment itself was a good size. We had a balcony at the front and one at the back and clean bedding and towels on a regular basis. Even though the apartment was a little dated, for the price we paid it was great. The location of the hotel is in the old village but a short walk from the strip and about a 10 minute walk to the beach. The team were brilliant, A big thank you to Hardey, Rob and Ozzy along with the rest of the team for a really enjoyable stay. I would definitely return. We aren't the type to stay in our hotel on holiday so it is difficult to comment on the food and entertainment, but we did eat there one breakfast and one evening and it was a good standard. If you need anything everyone is helpful and our cleaner, Norsell was fab. Would recommend to others and have no complaints.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I will never stay at these apartments again.....the staff were rude and kept hasseling everytime we went out and came back......asking why we never eat in there restaurant...well maybe when u order tea and toast and it takes 25 minutes to arrive because the waiter is too busy on his mobile. All i can say there is much better places to stay and if they put you in there sister hotel (the icmeler apart) well i would not even let a dog stay there. I have visited icmeler for the last 10 years and i have never come across people who are rude. DO NOT STAY THERE.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple