Overall the hotel was very nice. I do have to say at the outset that I think the sign "Luxury Redefined" over the front door is a little excessive. The hotel was extremely friendly with the staff all being attentive. Our air conditioning unit developed a noisy click which we reported in the morning on the way out of the hotel and when we got back an hour later the problem had been resolved. It does state in the hotel's booklet that luxury toiletries are supplied - these in fact turned out to be very run of the mill 2 small bottles of shower gel, two bars of soap and 2 shower bonnets. We only had one bottle of shower gel replaced whilst we were there so take your own. The shower room was a little disappointing as it does look in need of a bit of attention - very smelly shower trap when first turning on the shower which also leaked in the corner of the room straight into a small drainage hole. The shower unit looked very impressive with two different shower heads and side nozzles so I was expecting a super shower, sadly this turned out a bit of a let down as the shower jets were all scaled up and dry. Only the main shower head actually worked. We chose bed and breakfast through Thomson which was ample. We only managed to make breakfast twice - it is served 8-10. We ate a couple of lunches which were fine and had one evening meal which again was fine. Nothing outstanding. There are so many restaurants to choose from in the area it really isn't necessary to have half board. We did notice the blackboard which was put out in the evening for the half board people and did think it looked very restricted - soup - chicken - fruit. There was a sign explaining that this was due to the fact that the holiday companies offering half board wanted to keep their costs down and that the people who own the restaurant had no control over this. The pool was wonderful and although it was busy we always managed to get sun beds even the nice big ones around the pool. The bar staff were very friendly and helpful. On several occasions the staff had to remind people not to put towels on the sunbeds only to promptly then leave the hotel for the rest of the day and therefore reserving the beds. The hotel is mainly English and there are no children so I am afraid it is sadly pure thoughtlessness. The staff did actually take it upon themselves to remove towels if they spotted that they had been on the beds for a long time with no-one using them. They do provide a constant service and bring drinks and food to you around the pool so are aware of whether the beds are being used or not. The towels were taken to the reception if they were removed. The room was cleaned every day with fresh sheets every two days and fresh towels every day. I would say that the lighting system in the main hallways on our floor (1st) was a little tricky. Most evenings we had managed to find our way in the darkness and got the key in the door before the lights in the hall came on. We think they were motion activated but they should be set to come on much earlier as it is a little dangerous on the stairs in the dark. On the whole we had a very good holiday which was extremely relaxing at all times. The music around the pool was lovely - really nice. Tea and coffee was very sporadic in the room. Two tea bags were given to us the first week and we didn't get any the next week. The coffee was in a small glass jam jar. I didn't use it as I had taken my own tea and coffee anyway. No milk is supplied. We had what is called a "turn down" service which actually was a lady knocking on the door a few times in the evening with a basket of little chocolate bars - she is the lady who gave us the two tea bags. I am not quite sure what her role or function actually was or what sort of service she would have provided had we not been in our room when she knocked on the door. The TV does have English channels but these were very sporadic. The first week we had a couple of film channels which were in English and the BBC World News Service but the second week BBC 1 suddenly appeared with only one film channel. We took our own music system with us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smartline Mersoy Bellavista Hotel is an adults-only hotel offering everything needed for a tranquil holiday full of relaxation, live music at occasional days and spa facilities. Bellavista is only 150m from Içmeler beach. Only 50m from the nearest bars, restaurants and shops.Hotel offers Free Wi-Fi in the rooms and restaurant area. Accommodation:Standard rooms(2-3 people) have a queen size bed and extra bed, air conditioning, satellite TV, mini-fridge, Wi-Fi, safety deposit box* (payable locally), hairdryer, shower room and balcony or terrace.Suites (2-3 people) have a king bed and separate lounge with double sofa bed, air conditioning, satellite TV, mini-fridge, Wi-Fi, safety depositbox*, hairdryer, bathroom with whirlpool bath and balcony.Pool view rooms with the same facilities as standard rooms with balcony and pool view suites with the same facilities as suites with theaddition of themed furnishings are also available.Please note this hotel will not accept guests under the age of 16ALL INCLUSIVE CONCEPT:Food: Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner; snacks served at selected times between meals; afternoon tea and coffee including biscuits.Drinks: An unlimited amount of hot, soft and alcoholic drinks (excluding international brands) served from 10:00- 23:00EntertainmentOccasional evening entertainment including live music and shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Mersoy Bellavista Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mersoy Bellavista Hotel Icmeler
- Mersoy Bellavista Icmeler