“Ozlem 1” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ozlem 1 Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Icmeler
Ozlem 1 Apartments
Ranked #37 of 50 Specialty Lodging in Icmeler
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Ozlem 1”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Have just returned from three weeks at the Ozlem and although we love Turkey and the Icmeler area, would never stay there again . Stayed there for three weeks so didnt think it unreasonable to ask for a different room away from the toilets. Was told on arrival by Peter that it wasnt 5 star- what did we expect. Manners Peter- thats all.
Appreciate that it is a great place for some people and we met some lovely people. I do not appreciate signs everywhere which insult my intelligence. Agree with everything said by SaintMarysSaint.
We would have had more drinks in the bar had they had free wi fi. I appreciate that you should not take your own food and drink to the poolside - but including your own water is a joke. Consequently we opted to use other pools on the two days we wanted a pool day. The bliss of having no signs was a bonus. All negative.An occasional positive one would have been welcome. I must say that Frank and Cherry were very pleasant with us and I really appreciated being given top cotton sheets as well as the bottom ones. We did pay them £20 for the privelege of keeping the room until 5- a blessing as it rained most of the day.
I appreciate that Peter, the third Manager is a help to Cherry and Frank but to us he was rude and downright antagonistic to my partner and myself. We had been told there was no special evening as not enough guests.Then he said ok he would have one on the Thursday , a day we thought we were going on a boat trip . He got angry and said there wouldnt be anything then. On our return from eating out we returned to find that they had had a barbecue, mini Turkish night. A lovely idea as it was for a gorgeous little boy who was staying there. I happened to mention to Cherry that we didnt know about it - because we didnt. The next day, our one and only by the pool- Peter vehemently said he hated us and later called us liars as he said he and Chico had told us there was a barbecue. So untrue. Not bothered about missing it but object to being treated with nastiness every time he saw us. If they saw lots of your money, you were treated well. I would have spent more if we had been shown respect.
Love Icmeler but not these apartments and the very rude Peter.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from toilets.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JAFFA_56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Arrived in the early hours of Saturday morning to a very warm welcome from Frank, Cherry, Peter, Chicco and Chef. Our cases were carried to our rooms and we enjoyed a couple of drinks before we went to bed. We had a six year old with us and although there were no other children staying at the apartments he never once complained about having nothing to do as Frank, Cherry and staff made such a big fuss of him that he was entertained all the time. . As the resort was quite quiet we ate most evenings in the restaurant and the meals were lovely, generous in size and chef even made a sausage casserole which was not on the menu because the 6 year old wanted it ! The Sunday lunch was to die for I have never seen so much beef on one plate. Many thanks to Cherry for the supply of Ben 10 towels and towelling hoodies and to Frank for the Chocolate bars and games of pool. Hopefully we will see you all next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Christine W
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

arrived in the early hours to be met by frank,cherry,peter,chef and chico who carried all our suitcases to our room for us which i thought was lovely. took my six year old nephew with me and the staff were brilliant with him nothing was too much trouble he loved every minute. met some lovely people who we had a good laugh with, once again rooms very clean and tidy and all staff friendly especially cherry ,frank and peter who even organised a mini turkish night for us because my nephew had never been to one .the only problem i have is my nephew thinks he,s coming back next year as he had such a great time thanks alot for that!!!!!was lovely to see you all again and thanks for a great holiday can,t wait to see you all next year

Room Tip: if you have children go for ground floor
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank julie-wrigley06
Southampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I had booked a 7 day self catering stay at Ozlem app in Icmeler, primarily because I just wanted a base to explore Turkey. On arrival I was greeted by Frank & Cherry (The Two Phonies), 2 English people, they were very pleasant on my arrival at 3:00am of the Saturday morning. Over the next day, I noticed all the little signs warning me of various things ( an odd feeling of being in a camp, that one might like to escape from), i.e 1 toilet roll then buy your own, don't stain the towels or you will be charged, don't smoke in the bedrooms use the balcony and so on. I had breakfast there the first morning and when I told them I was going to drive down to Patara for a couple of days, I noticed their faces drop slightly. that evening I ate in the town.

After returning from Patara, I spent the next 3 days in their (Hotel?), which at best is grubby. I continued to eat out in the town of Icmeler where the staff at the restaurants were very good natured and they included free Wifi that I could use on my smartfone, Frank & Chery wanted to charge me £10 for 7 days to use their Internet and I would have to sit in a room somewhere using a PC (they do NOT have free Wifi as has been suggested). I was told by them about their Turkish evening but didn't go, the next day they just ignored me, as previous reviewers have experienced.

On the Friday I was due to be picked up at 8:00pm for my return to Dalaman airport, I went out into Icmeler town for breakfast at around 10:am, on my return, the chap at the bar Chico, couldn't find my key, Frank & Cherry had taken it, when I caught up with them cleaning the rooms, Frank informed me I had to be out of the room by 10am and it was now 11:30, if I wanted to have the use of the room until 8:00pm I would have to pay a charge of £20 GBP, I thought that was a bit much and decided to sit it out in the town, I hadn't had a shower, but was finally allowed into the room to retrieve my things. I spent as much time as possible over the next 8+ hours in the centre of Icmeler in the company of good natured Turks. Oh yes and they also want to charge for a Safe in your room, and I have seen £15 quoted elswhere, and £5/day for air conditioning , I didn't take up any of these offers either. Frank & Cherry as my review suggests are a couple of phonies that pretend they care about you and your holiday, but in reality its just your money they are after.

My advice?, steer well clear of this place, its not funny and they are Not "The Two Ronnies"

Room Tip: Don't go to Ozlem App at all, whilst Frank & Cherry run it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank SaintMarysSaint
Maidstone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We booked one week here via On The Beach. Ozlem 1 is in a very good location if you want a bit of quiet and to be away from the main resort. The area is mainly residential on the edge of Icmeler tucked beside the mountains and national park. Shops nearby supply all you need for breakfast and day-to-day purchases.

The apartment was very functional, clean and well-serviced. There was a big problem with the shower not draining properly, but perhaps this is typical of the area.

Noise from the bar and TV area was problematic. The largescreen telly is kept on all the time at loud volume, and the music likewise, and the noise travels upwards into the rooms. At around 10:30pm one night we asked if the volume could be turned down a bit - this was done, but very reluctantly, and we were given a lecture about "local laws...most guests like the sound up...etc" which was really quite unnecessary.

Can't comment on the food, as we didn't have any.

We had a big puzzle over Chico asking for a 20 lira admin fee for "photocopying passports" on our arrival. We refused to give him any money until we had more information about what the fee was actually for. However, when we got our passports back the next day from Cherry, this mysterious 'fee' wasn't even mentioned!!!

Cherry and Frank are keen to accommodate their guests well. Ozlem 1 is in a great spot and has lots to offer, but unfortunately it could do so much better.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mardencouple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

We enjoyed our stay in Ozlem 1 after a horrendous delay of 22 hours we were greeted by Peter and Argen with warmth and smiling faces Peter is eccentric to say the least but cannot fault his generosity Frank and Cherry are welcoming and very open.The rooms are basic but clean and the food was well cooked and huge portions.It is a pity that they are not being kept on for another year and we hope where ever they go to they succeed in keeping up their excellent service.Thank you to all at Ozlem 1 for a fantastic holiday

Room Tip: only go for the attic rooms if you need the exercise !!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Janice W
Runcorn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was indeed our 3rd time at the Ozlem 1 and every year we have been here we have had a great time, Cherry, Frank, Peter, Chico and Chef, were again very friendly towards us. They could not do enough for us. The last 2 years coming here we came with alot of family, but this year was our honeymoon and we had such a lovely time here at the Ozlem, people were friendly and we had such a great laugh. The family want to come back next year, but we will have to see where Frank, Cherry and Peter go if they are not staying at the Ozlem, as we found them to be great hosts. The rooms even though were basic, where clean and tidy but what do you want for a three star accomodation, as Frank says the Hilton haha, Highly recommend the OZLEM 1, but do not know what it will be like without Frank Cherry, Peter and staff. xx Thanks for a lovely holiday / honeymoon, Kelli, David and Lil David

Room Tip: If you have small children, request the ground floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family