Telmessos Hotel
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
Celay Hotel(Hisaronu)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssnack barentertainment teamquiet sidebar staffsaladtoastiesturkeywater slidesnext yeargreat holidaypool areaquiet poolthe main stripall inclusive drinksmain poolall inclusive hotelevening entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've just come home from Telmessos Hotel. I stayed from the 15th-22nd July and this my second year at this hotel. I must say, this year has been so much better than when I went in 2012. Our check-in was smooth, and we had a very friendly member of reception staff to take our bags to our rooms. We found that the door handle to our room kept coming off, so we went to reception about this, and it was fixed there and then, and apart from that we didnt have any problems. The rooms were clean, and the aircon was working. The showers were always warm/hot, you can also adjust the temperature, so I don't know how some people on here can say their showers were cold. The rooms were cleaned every day, unless you tell the staff otherwise, and the cleaning staff do a great job. The hotel is immaculately clean, a big credit especially to Mohammed who cleans both pools and tidies up the sunbeds and parasols every morning and evening, and operates the slides twice a day which the children love! The kitchen and eating area is always kept clean, every spillage is wiped up straight away and the floor is cleaned countless times throughout each day. That goes to the floor around the bar as well. The staff are what makes the hotel, they are all so friendly and fun. The entertainments team lead by Cihan always make sure there is enough to do during the day such as table tennis competitions, rifle shooting, pool games etc, and there is always some sort of entertainment during the evening, like fire shows and comedy shows. The kitchen staff are polite, and the bar staff are friendly. When there are queue's in the evening for drinks, they make sure they reduce these quickly, and still give a smile when they hand you your drinks. Most of the reception staff are lovely, especially Hatice who works really hard to make sure any complaints are dealt with.
I've seen so many people moaning on here about the food. Yes, there may be repeated food occasionally, but there is always choice there whether its cold meats and salads or hot meals. One thing about this hotel is that you can never be hungry. You have breakfast in the morning, then you have lunch, then burgers at 4, followed by tea and biscuits and then dinner. The pancake lady is also available from 10-5 everyday apart from Tuesdays. The chef's also bring out kebab, pizzas, and chips too. If you want really posh food, then stay at a 5*,because at the end of the day you get what you pay for. The hotel is also only a 5 minute walk to Hisaronu town, where there are restaurants everywhere if you ever wanted to eat out, but me personally, I found something nice to eat everyday.
The all inclusive drinks start from 10am and finish at 11pm. The drinks you can get within the all inclusive are: Beer, Vodka, Raki, and Wine. All imported drinks like Jd, Malibu, Archers, Effes etc cost extra, which is clearly stated!! The music which everyone complains about isn't loud at all, they turn the volume down after midnight if there are still people at the bar.
I would recommend this hotel a million times over, I didn't have any problems last year, or this year and I'm looking at coming back in October. It's an amazing location, so central to the town, friendly, clean, and ideal if you love chilled out and relaxed holidays. A good hotel for everyone, Kids club and slides for the children and good sized pools and comfy sunbeds for the adults :) LOVE THE TELMESSOS!

Room Tip: Pick a room on the RECEPTION side of the hotel, and not the rooms across the road.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Gem674
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to the telmessos for a week from the 8th of July to the 15th! We arrived midday and were happy with the look of the hotel, the grounds and pool area was gorgeous! Although when we experienced what the hotel fully had to offer we were a bit disappointed. The restaurant staff and reception staff were great and the pool man was amazing always offered to help and if he saw you struggling he would come straight over and help you! The bar staff need a lesson in customer service, we waited half an hour one night for our drinks we ordered as he was to busy changing the music on the laptop at the bar!
The hotel is in a great location just a 2 minute walk down a hill and your on the strip which was full of amazing restaurants and shops! I would definitely recommend the shop which hand makes engraved gifts!
If you want what you pay for then I wouldn't go all inclusive as I lasted off bread, pancakes, chips and omelettes for the week! Didn't enjoy the food at all Which totally defeated the object of us going all inclusive. We also just drank soft drinks all holiday as the alcohol was not nice! My boyfriend tried the beer a few times but just gave up as it was majorly watered down.
We was firstly placed in block D which was fine bathrooms were small but that didn't bother us in the slightest, all we were worried about was the cleanliness and it was spotless! We then had showers and the whole bathroom flooded my boyfriend went and asked for towels so we could clean it up and he explained that the shower leaks to reception but they did nothing about this, until we was half way through our holiday when a staff member came up to us by the pool and asked us to move to another block due to the flood and said that it was dripping it to a fuse box and they were worried about the electric cutting off. We then got moved to the new block which was gorgeous as it had just been done up! We couldn't complain!

Our Thomas cook rep Ryan was great! We booked the jeep safari and canoeing through him and they were great they were £30 each and included lunch! The trips were very long days and we were so tired after them but have gained some great memories and enjoyed them both so much! Would definitely recommend booking through Thomas cook and the shops on the strip lie about having insurance and you're totally covered if you book through your rep!

If your wanting a lovely meal I'd definitely recommend the dragonaro Chinese it was absolutely gorgeous and we got a starter, main and side for £6! Which was 18 lira!

The noise at night was loud but didn't bother me to much as when I'm tired I'm straight to sleep so it wasn't a massive problem for us.

Overall we enjoyed our holiday but wouldn't visit the hotel again and if we decided to go to hisaronu again we would probably go half board or self catering as there is so many lovely restaurants!

Room Tip: Ask for the new block! Very nice and less noise!
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice now in 4 years and apart from the noise I have no complaints.

I was in a group of 9 on an all inclusive 2 week stay this year and was well impressed with the improvements of the hotel from what it was 2 years previous when I was b&b.

(MY ONE AND ONLY PROBLEM)
The problem with the noise is that it is not from the bar, the staff or surrounding area. Its is the groups of guests who have had a few down the road and come back a bit merry in the early hours and forget how loud the doors to the rooms are, and how thin the walls are.

The rooms are of typical holiday standard and have everything you need: fair sized wardrobe, large mirrors and hair dryers for the ladies, large fridge and aircon (which is free). The room was clean, bright and fresh and the beds were ok (everybody misses there own bed) The maids were a mixed bunch the first couple of days we had no new towels or toilet roll, but there seemed to be a changeover of staff, and everyday thereafter the beds were made and there was fresh towels and toilet roll.

The meals were superb, lots of variety and availability. All fresh and tasty. I never had the same thing twice in 2 weeks, some people are just hard to please, the meals were one of the best things about this hotel.

The main bar was good, people complained about queues, BUT if they didn't go up and order 15 beers at a time when there is only 1 pump there wouldn't be a problem. The staff at the bar were good lads and put in good shifts, there was also a female member who worked the day shift who was cracking. The all inclusive drinks are more than fair (vodka, gin, rum, brandy, wine, beer and all soft drinks aswell as tea, coffee, hot choc etc...)

The pools were superb, absolutely spotless. If you want a chilled day use the telmessos side of the hotel, it was the larger of the pools and has no pool games or as many guests using it. Like every hotel sunbeds get snapped up quick, But there was one man named Mehmet (the pool guy) who made our stay a pleasure. Everytime we were in our full group, he would do his bloody best to get us all sun loungers even if it meant running over the road to grad a couple to drag over. He was an absolute gent and was the politest man I have ever met.

Reception was fine and informative (only spoke to them arrival and departure day as I had no problems) And the presentation and cleanliness of the hotel in a whole was superb. And the location is perfect just of the strip.

All in all the hotel is great, if each room just got a bit sound proofing and something to prevent doors slamming it would be perfect. And a second beer pump.

Also recommend using the hotels shuttle bus to there "Paradise Beach" for a lush day out.

Room Tip: Become friends with Mehmet the pool guy and he will bend over backwards to help you in anyway he can
2  Thank huntmunt
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Arrived the hotel early hours, we were a group of 9, reception was very helpful and young lad helped with case to the rooms.
All three rooms were in block c with one of the rooms overlooking the bar the only late night noise was from the customers at the bar.
Rooms slept 3 to each room,they were cleaned daily with fresh bedding and towels
Food very much turkish but served english as well a must is the omellette for breakfast and a must is the profitta rolls they are the size of tennis ball and smothered in Chocolate !!!!!!!!!
even though the food was mostly turkish there was always something there for everyone and the turkish food was nice. The staff in the resturant were amazing they work so hard and non- stop were such a great help and so friendly, couldnt fault them!!!!!!!!!!
The pool area was spotless this was downto the guy who worked non stop to ensure this. We had to do the early morning run with the towels to get a sun lounger .
Went to a few of the shows but beware we were eaten by mozzies!!!!!!!
The only down side was the wasps outside at meal times play safe and eat indoors
Overall this hotel is rated 3* and we got more than we expected for our money and and we already booking for next year........

Room Tip: Free Air Con !!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie T
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have just returned from 2 weeks ALL INCLUSIVE at this hotel and had SALAD for breakfast ,midday meal and evening meal ,NOT my idea of all inclusive ,having had all inclusive in other parts of Turkey this was a big let down .The selection of food seemed to be for the local guests staying at the hotel , the dinning area is not big enough for the number of guest on the complex , when we spoke to the rep he said " It was up to standard for All inclusive as we got pancakes and burgers
When we arrived late at night we were put in a room with 3 beds after booking a double room (got a room change after 2 days ) the night staff we rude and arrogant ,the young girl on reception during the day was very helpful .The cleaning staff were very good ,the bar staff need some training in customer relations
AVOID THIS HOTEL LIKE THE PLAUGE