“Poor food”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Ate there this evening , my wife , me and our daughter , looks very nice looking in , menu seemed good and fairly priced so we sat in pleasant surroundings , waiter came over and was quite slimey and tried to be humorous but it was cringeworthy , ordered food , simple dishes consisting of two chicken pie and one chicken flambé , food arrived so they started flambeying chicken dish , flambé didn't work so put more on and started again DIDN'T say they flambé with whiskey so chicken tasted of whiskey and very strong , now the chicken pies !!!!! Pushed fork into dish for piece of chicken and the dish it came in was stuck to the chicken , about the size of two 10p pieces , tasteless , watery gravy , hint of garlic , soggy pastry on pie , cold mash , hard veg NOT GOOD , overall very disappointed with food , service and mostly their attitude to how poor the food was , wouldn't go back !!!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Visited the Sun Trap on 2 occasions during our 2 week stay 29 Aug - 12 Sept 2013. On each occasion both the food and service was beyond reproach. Yes they were busy but that did not affect what we were served nor the time in which it was all served (in fact on the one night there was a party of 15 on the next tables but that did not affect our service. We dined as a couple and also as a party of 6. Staff were very friendly and polite. Food quality was very good with reasonable cost (around £27 for 2 adults for 2 courses with soft drinks)

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went there on Monday 02nd September 2013, Service appeared good at first however it wasn't long before you could see it was just because all the staff were running round like headless chickens. We waited 55 minutes for our main course (I was past eating by the time it arrived) we were a party of 11, out of our 11 meals 5 were cold, 1 was inedible and one just looked overcooked so much even the waiter had to ask us "What did you order"? (I asked him "Can you not recognise this dish"?) - They said they were having problems with the gas in the kitchen, but my point was they didn't make us aware when we sat down or indeed during our wait, can't really think of anything positive about this restaurant. I think most people go in Once because it looks inviting and looks busy, it's in a good location and my guess is people will try it but rarely return, there are far better restaurants in this resort, my advice is avoid the Suntrap then perhaps they'll improve to meet expectations.

1  Thank Joebluntuk
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try here as was situated so centrally in hisaronu and looked nice. Seemed busy so thought it was worth a try well big mistake the food was average at best! And the cocktail sizes overpriced for what they are! Will most definitely not be returning much nicer places to eat!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

My group and I visited Sun Trap one evening during our holiday. We really enjoyed it. The staff were very professional and efficient, the food was delicious and we thought it was very good value for money.