“A bit on the pricey side”
Review of Sun Trap

Sun Trap
Ranked #24 of 85 Restaurants in Hisaronu
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2012

This restaurant is family run and does serve very nice food but it is quite pricey. It has a prominent plot in Hisaronu and looks very attractive externally and internally. The service can be slow at times depending on how busy they are but I have been noted that there maybe a delay. Kemal runs things and although his english is not brilliant he does make an effort to speak to you and in comparrison to my Turkish quite limited, it is excellent!!! They do a really tasty augergine hot pot dish and the prawns are delicious too. In comparriosn to the other more 'upmarket' restaurants in Hisaronu this is quiet pricey, i would say that this is reserved for a more 'special' night!!!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We ate here on several occasions, the restaurant gets very busy so did book after our 1st visit. Turkish food was excellent, can't comment on english dishes as we don't bother when on holiday in Turkey. Staff were excellent and catered very well for our large party on our last night. Value was great and we will return. The only thing I would say they need to change, is that playing christmas music in August depresses people (although when I commented it was changed).

Reviewed September 18, 2012

we arrived at the suntrap and got talking to the gentleman outside whilst looking at the menu he offered to cook any meat or fish with any sauce advertised or he offered any pizza etc as i couldnt make my mind up if i wanted to go for a kebab or not!! any how we were seated, offered drinks and shown the menu. I ordered garlic king prawns for starters and a pizza my hubby ordered a mixed grill and when my started arrived i could have fallen off my chair! there was about 10 king prawns in the most beautiful garlic butter ive ever had!! all garnished with salad and of course puffy bread on the table. when the main came i couldnt wait to get tucked in as it looked amazing even for a pizza!! my hubbys mixed grill looked good too but it tasted even better. amazing wine, amazing food and amazing staff thanks for a lovely meal,

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Well to start of with the place looked beautiful which what attracted me and my boyfriend onto the resturant. We first got greeted by a very 'sleepy' outburst of music which left you wanted a nap before their food had even arrived (which took an hour and half to EVENTUALLY come!) disappointment!!! The food was quite gross, flavourless and un appertising. I order Spaghetti carbonara which was a big let out by the other carbo

Reviewed September 4, 2012

As you approach this restuarant it looks amazing, lush well tended gardens with nice lighting.
Unfortunately, that's all it has to offer.

I ordered a steak and asked for "rare". I repeated this six times to two waiters who couldn't seem to understand this, so I repeated this inTurkish "ÇOK AZ PİŞSİN" they looked quite confused and asked me, "Are you sure you dont want it well done?" I said "NO, I want it RARE!" My children both ordered theirs "medium rare".

Did we get them as requested? Not on your Nelly!

All arrived, not only "well done" but also tasteless. Not good at all after all that hassle to begin with. The chips were nice though, it's a shame we only got about five each. My husband and three aunties all ordered mixed grills which were apparently no better!

For a good steak or mixed grill I would highly recommend "BOGAZICI RESTUARANT" in Fethiye. Beautiful setting by the sea, live band and great staff and service.

2  Thank Nil7