“What a great find. Ideal location, accomodation...”
other travelers have booked this property
Garden and Swimming Pool Area Swimming Pool
Moonlight Terrace Cafe
Our Famous Scones on the Terrace
Tips to Toes Hair Beauty and Nail Salon
Venue for Weddings and Parties
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
William T
Addiewell
“What a great find. Ideal location, accomodation and pool”
Reviewed January 15, 2015 for a stay in July 2014

Stayed here with my wife and teenage daughter in July 2014.
The owner Jo even arranged our transfers at a very reasonable price.
The first thing we noticed was a very friendly welcome and the location is ideal, right smack bang in the centre of Hisaronu.
The apartment was well furnished and had everything you need.
Air Con and water dispenser available a small cost and well worth it.
The following morning we went to the pool area at the rear of the apartments and WOW what a relaxing and friendly place to be.
Staff at the Moonlight catered for our every need throughout our stay.
We will be back :-)

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: pool area and staff
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Teenagers
Families with young children Large groups
life0nmar...
“The Jewel in the Crown”
Reviewed September 8, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

We spent two weeks here during August following an enthusiastic recommendation by friends and without any doubt this is the Jewel in the Crown. It is situated right in the centre of the lively village of Hisaronu. Our apartment was excellent, spacious and air conditioned. The maid regularly cleaned the apartment and provided us with clean linen. The owners, Jo and Gunay, are great and very approachable. The staff are all very polite and genuinely friendly. It has a large pool and a shaded area to escape the fabulous sunshine to read a few pages. There is a good restaurant, serving excellent food, that is open all day from early breakfast until after midnight when you can settle down with a drink, including branded spirits and my personal favourite, draught Guinness, from the bar until...well you want to go to bed. The staff happily organised free transport to and from the truly picturesque Oludeniz Lagoon. We met a number of lovely people who have returned year after year and its very easy to see why. We're looking forward to visiting again next year.

Robin R
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Paradise and perfection at an affordable price”
Reviewed September 1, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

We work very hard all year and when we go on holiday we want absolute perfection and happiness, WELL WE GOT IT THIS YEAR ONCE AGAIN! The boutique suites at the moonlight are the most spacious and immaculately clean as our own house in the UK. The hospitality is complete un-rushed and genuine, nothing is to much trouble, just ask Jo, or any of the team and your request will be sorted in complete satisfaction immediately. Food and drink are the very best quality in Hissaronu!
Excellent high-street location in the best area in Hissaronu, whether you go to sleep at 10pm or 3am you never hear any noise at all and I sleep better in these apartments than I do at home!
Rooms are perfectly cleaned and fresh towels replaced every day, Everything you need for a comfortable stay is in the room, toasters, fridge, kettle, washing machine, air con, tv, comfortable beds, loads of storage for clothes etc.....
You can tell this is not just a business to the owners, this is a family run business with a very personal touch which makes such a difference compared to a normal package holiday.
Travel to and from the airport is perfectly timed and you travel in the most up to date modern vehicles, the trip to and from resort is a pleasure rather than the usual pain in the a.. you get with a crowded package tour transfer.
The beauty salon attached to the complex is excellent quality fully air con and excellent prices.
Kebabs are the best in town, no point in trying to compare as the bread is baked daily on site as-well as all the other products locally sourced and cooked and served to perfection.
The worst bit about the holiday was going home, cant wait to be back.
Kind regards and a massive thank you to Jo and all of the brilliant team.
Rob and family.

Liked best: everything
Liked least: nothing except going home
Traveling group: Young Children
Families with young children
Facebook5...
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Have never stayed anywhere friendlier”
Reviewed August 26, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

I have returned from the Moonlight after staying for the fourth time and will be returning again next year. The owners Jo and Gunnay couldn't be more helpful, all the staff are too. The rooms are spotless and are cleaned every single day as too is the pool area. There is not the usual get up at 6 in the morning for a sunbed (although some silly people still insist on doing that). You couldn't wish for a better location, being right in the centre and yet it is still very peaceful and you don't hear any noise from the bars late at night. Transfers were excellent even though are flight arriving was late, our driver was there (at no extra charge). The nicest part of this place though is the lovely family who own it and run it, it wouldn't be the same without them.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The family who run it
Liked least: Some of the other guests
Your age range 35-49
Families with young children
LordPante...
Pontypool, United Kingdom
“Welcome Home”
Reviewed August 21, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Why my review is entitled ‘Welcome Home’? Because that’s what it feels like from the moment you arrive at the Moonlight. There’s someone there to meet you, day or night, to offer you some refreshment (be it tea, coffee or even a beer) before showing you to your room.
When you get to your room you will find it wonderfully proportioned for the size of room booked. We had a one bedroom apartment which the two of us used, but it could comfortably suit a family of four. On the ground floor of the apartment was a kitchen/diner/living room (the large sofa, doubling up as a double bed) with a balcony overlooking the main street. On the second floor was the main bedroom with a bathroom comprising sink, toilet and walk in shower.
So, you’ve settled in and unpacked your stuff. Depending on your time of arrival it may be off to bed for a few hours or down to the Moonlight’s café/bar to relax or down to the private pool for a swim. Whichever, it won’t be long before you meet the owner the lovely Joanne. This again is where you feel like you’ve been welcomed home. Joanne is warm and pleasant with a sunny smile and she immediately puts you at ease. Anything you want to know, she’ll tell you and help you get settled as she says ‘My Home is Your Home’.
So here you are staying at the Moonlight what else can you expect? Your apartment will be cleaned almost daily with fresh linen on the beds and clean towels to use. The lovely lady who cleans even did our washing up!! The kitchen/diner is equipped with all the essentials so if you want to cook and prepare your own food you’re able to. At the back of the apartments is the private pool with plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas for all. The Moonlight also has its own café/bar and restaurant plus kebab house, so if you want to grab a bite to eat around the pool, or a refreshing drink, just place your order and it’ll soon be with you.
The Moonlight is situated on the main street in Hisaronu with a Dolmus (bus) stop right outside where you can catch one to get down to the beach at Olu Deniz or take a ride into Fethyie city for the renowned Tuesday market. Being centrally located it’s not a long walk to any of the other bars and restaurants you may choose to use or to sample the shops and ‘haggle’ for that bargain.
All in all my experience at the Moonlight was fantastic. I have been staying there for over five years now and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Liked best: The Owners
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Donna W
Hastings, United Kingdom
“2* hotel trying to be a 4*”
Reviewed August 12, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

on arrival rooms were not clean, bins still full, dirty linen. Daughter who was in charge was not helpful. website shows items in every room but not actually there ( airers, irons etc ) when we asked many times for these things we were told we could not have them and would have to use a communal airer when available!! Rooms were very noisy until 5am every morning, again not quiet as advertised. When we did see owner Jo, she was very un-approachable and argumentative. Paid for private transfer but ended up picking up some turkish family and dropping them off somewhere! Would never stay here again, apartments are definately NOT worth the £40 a day charge

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: day trips away from the hotel
Liked least: having to keep asking for things that should have already been there
Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Sep 1, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. As a small family run business, feedback is unreservedly welcomed, both appreciative and constructive. I would like to respond to this guests comments in the order they have been addressed in their post. 1. In the 20 plus years we have been running this business, I have never received any negative comments regarding our cleanliness. Infact cleanliness is one of the areas the accommodation always scores highly in previous posts. I would also like to clarify that any issues addressed directly with me were resolved immediately. 2. My daughter was covering for me for a few days as I had an emergency family issue in England, which resulted in me having to return to the UK immediately, I did warn and apologize to this customer, that I wouldn't be there to welcome them. This is not my daughters profession but again any issues raised with her were dealt with immediately. 3. Washing and Ironing. - if this guest had of discussed this with me, I would of advised her that she only needed to leave her washing in a pile in front of the washing machine in her room, where our housekeeper would have then laundered, dried and returned them back to their room, at no extra cost. This is a service I provide to all my guests upon request. 4. Noisy Rooms. - As clearly advertised on both holidaylettings and ownersdirect , our accommodation is in the centre of Hisaronu. Unfortunately, I have no control over livestock, mosque and other guests. With that said, I have rarely had this issue raised with my by other guests. 5. The comments regarding me being unapproachable and aggressive I feel are unjustified. I only met with this guest on 2 occasions when she did not raise any of these concerns with me, infact she informed me she was happy with her accommodation. If she had, I would have ensured that all of her concerns were addressed and resolved. In conclusion, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here with us and I hope that my responses above alleviate some of your concerns. If you had raised your issues with me at the time, then I am sure I could have improved your experience.
Wishaw201...
North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
“Exactly as described”
Reviewed July 16, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Just returned for the Moonlight and cannot think of anything to complain about.
Jo arranged our transfers and was always about should we have required any assistance or help.
Will definitely return.

Liked best: location
Liked least: had to move furniture about to enable us to watch TV but really an issue
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing