“That good were going back to stay!!!”

The Olive Tree Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #4 of 85 Restaurants in Hisaronu
Cuisines: Turkish, International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Adults Only Restaurant(14+)
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Absolutely outstanding food and service, me and my family have been coming to hisaronu for the past 5 years and have been waiting for our children to get to that certain age when you can go where you want (over 14s only restaurant) anyway we werent dissapointed in the wait as it was probably the best meal we have had abroad in 5 years, cant wait to go back in october now to stay as they have studios etc (adults only) and sample a few more excuisite dishes.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have visited the Olive Tree on each of our visits to the area over 10 years and this is one of the best restaurants I have eaten in. The location is much quieter than the many restaurants who vie for your custom on the main street. The service and attention to detail would put them in a high ranking in London. The food was excellent I had Chicken with Apricots which was served in a traditional Turkish clay pot with rice, vegetables and salad. The house red wine was definitely a cut above the others I have sampled so far. the only disappointment was the dessert I chose, caramelised bananas - just banana with warm honey. But a really lovely experience.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

This restaurant is fantastic. I also stayed at the Olive Tree studios so must say I was also very lucky to eat breakfast and lunch in this place! The food is excellent, fresh and clean. I ate here quite a few times whilst staying at the hotel and every meal was excellent. I find that on many occasions when you find a great meal, when you return again it is never as good - not sure why this happens, but I must say every meal at the Olive Tree we had was excellent. This must mean it is not a coincidence. From staying at the hotel I have also seen the kitchen - I am a little fussy about restaurants and food, and I always wonder what the kitchen must be like. Rest assured this place is spotless!

This restaurant is a little more expensive than most in Hisaronu, however 3 courses for £7 is not something that appeals to me - in fact puts me off. What quality of food can you buy for £7!However in comparison and converting it to English pounds you get an awful lot for you money. Quantity, quality and service.

I have ordered many items in this restaurant and can honestly say all of them are delicious. One night my partner and I ordered the chateaubriand which was 105 lira (£29.50). Now, I know that if I ordered this in England I would be paying best part of £60. Stupidly on that evening we also had starters (silly mistake) the amount of food that was served with the chateaubriand was excellent; rice, roast potatoes, jacket potatoes, vegetables - huge array courgette, aubergine, carrot, green beans... Excellent value. You even get amazing presentation (I hat a tea light in my onion!!).

We also ordered the mixed grill on our last night 94 lira (£26) for two - this included chicken and lamb shish, liver, kofte, beef mince pide, lamb culets, fillet steak, 2 sauces, rice, potatoes, vegetables, bread - I mean this is just such a good price.

Service is also fantastic, Apo, Jimmy, Mete, Havana - the whole team, make you feel so welcome and special. The ambience is also excellent, it is classy, romantic, and adult only. So no children running around.

I am certain that if you eat at this place you would strongly agree with this review!

1  Thank cttburns
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife loved the meal here was so much different from being on the strip service was good and food was lovely

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Service and atmosphere were the best points for the olive tree. In the quieter part of hisaronu it was nice to be away from the lights and people. Staff were very friendly and attentive throughout and service was quick. Bread was given with a garlic butter and spicy dip which was a nice was to start the meal. We shared a starter of spicy tuna cakes which were really lovely! For mains I had lemon chicken which came with 1 potato and rice. Chicken was well cooked, sauce did get a little boring but had just right amount, the 1 potato I did get didn't taste great. My partner had lamb meatballs which also came with one potato, he enjoyed his meal. All in all an enjoyable evening.