“Untrained staff, terrible floors”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Koru Hotel

Koru Hotel
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Bolu
“Untrained staff, terrible floors”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I guess soccer clubs stay at this hotel. Hotel let the visitors leave their shoes on public area. While I try to find my room floors was terrible with all the shoes. Also front desk stuf was surely believe himself while ansering my question. At the beginning over the phone I made my booking and made note as I want one bed rood with 2 seperated bed. So 30 min ago from now I showed up with my dad and asked to frontdesk staff to make sure about number of bed in the bedroom. He said ofcourse there are 2 bed in your bedroom. When I found the room there is only 1 double bed for me and for my dad. I waked back to frontdesk and asked him a room with 2 beds. He gave me another key and that one was a same type of room. I called him by my cell and come here and bring another key with you that meets with my need. He showed up with 1 key. And that one was wrong too. I gotta sleep now sorry.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Banjarmasin, Kalimantan Selatan, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stay In This Hotel On Stopover From Cappadocia And Istanbul. The Hotel Room Was Small And No Air Conditioner,But Ok For Just One Day Stopover. Lobby Of The Hotel Is Nice. Dinner And Breakfast Are Ok. This Hotel Are Just A Pretty Good Stopover Hotel Before Continuing Journey To Istanbul For Continuing A Tour.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Vicktor H
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a stopover between Avanos and Istanbul. The hotel was pretty crowded as many other groups were also staying here. The hotel seems to be pretty old. Despite its old-looking exterior, the hotel provides cozy rooms for us. We went down to our room with stairs. The rooms looks pretty average, but the LCD TV was a plus. We had dinner before sleeping, and they provided many Turkish dishes. We slept at our room after a hearty dinner. Breakfast in the other hand was so much better, there were more selections of food and drinks. Overall this hotel is really somewhat average, with facilities compared to other 3-4 star hotels.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Istanbul Province, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stay at this hotel once in every six month for my husbands traditional weekend Aikido Seminar.
Everytime I see some Asian Tourist staying there and that seems a little weird to me because this is not a tourstic area. It is a weekend escape for local people like us! We love this hotel because it has beatiful little forest in the back, nice and cozy lobby, great staff, good food. But on top of everything, Bolu is a popular city with its cool, breezy weather in the summer and snowy, beatiful pine forests in the winter. It is a great weekend escape for us who live in big cities like Istanbul or Ankara. The hotel is almost half way in between of both cities. It is a clean place with good size rooms, indoor swimming pool, great walking path, shop, restaurant, game room. Bolu is also a famous city for its cooks. So you can count on the food there...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hskaplaner
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

This hotel is located along the highway among some mountain area. Air is cool and refreshing. I cannot find a reason to stay here unless it is for a stop over from Ankara to Istanbul. I supposed this is the same reason why many tour buses stop over at this hotel. There is a walking trail just next to the hotel which leads to a pond (forget about the sign that says romantic lake, the size of the pond is probably only half the size of a basketball court). The air is very refreshing but we suggest that you do the walk earlier before it turns dark or walk in groups. We did the walk close to 8pm and the park appears eerie. Wear a pair of good shoes. The hotel looks quaint and charming, but not so for the rooms.

Our room was on the second floor and it oversee the forested area. The room was small and we could barely find space for our luggage. There is no air-conditioning and hence you have to open the windows for ventilation. We kept the windows opened but drape the curtain over the opened window so as to avoid insects flying into the room. The bathroom was small and shower drainage system doesn't drain well. We were awoke by 5am by the prayer ritual. There is also a kettle available in the room, but no complimentary drinking water.

Our tour mates were given a room facing a spiral staircase just beside the window and is very insecure for ladies. Fortunately, they managed to change to a room facing the forested area, albeit on the ground floor. We would recommend that you choose a room facing the forest area.

The hotel has good facilities, including a decent size indoor swimming pool and a well-equipped gym. Food variety is average at its best. There is a supermarket just next to the left of the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with forest view, preferably not on the ground floor for more security because windows...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sockie_SGP

Travelers are raving about these Bolu hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel overview: very country style.

Guestroom: small, bad smell, no air condition, bathroom very strong drainage smell, Internet access signal was really bad in my room, flat screen TV 12" next to your bed.

Restaurant: buffet dinner - okay, but breakfast was horrible.

Note: this hotel is good for stopover one night before heading back to Istanbul.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank CalvinLeong
Milan, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had a really small room, but talking to other travel mates I discovered I was the only one...so take your chance. In anycase, the room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant was quite good even if breakfast not very satisfying.
Tha lobby is great, there is a very nice fireplace, wi-fi is free and works really good.
I stayed here just one night back to Istanbul airport, so it was not a problem to be in the middle of nowhere. But a nice nowhere, in March we were sorrounded by snow and trees full of snow, nothing else!
The hotel staff is helping and smiling.

Room Tip: not mine, 212 was really small
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolu
Gazelle Resort & Spa
#12 of 18 in Bolu
Soylu Otel
Soylu Otel
#9 of 18 in Bolu

Been to Koru Hotel? Share your experiences!