“Very good hotel”

My Home Resort Hotel
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Avsallar
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Excellent hotel,very good food,they have every evening baclava,wich is my favorite dessert and they have turkish beer:). I hate to drink an international beer,when I can drink a local,very good one!
The only 2 minus: the snack on the pool is not very rich and the beach (5 min to walk) don't look like is owned by the hotel.On the beach,they only have coffee,juice and water,for free.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Zoltan C

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I was the best holiday for me for a good price.

Pros: Nice hotel, nice big pools, bar close to pool, very good service, nice rooms.

Cons: more for families(disco twice a week only till 2 a.m.), Animators program for adults should be better, beach is 5 minutes walk from hotel(beach has "blue flag" but it didn't impress me, bar on the beach is just 2 machines with water and juice). Internet doesn't work well, food was delicious, but dill was everywhere(after this vacation I hate dill).

Overall it was great time for me, but if you go as a couple, it will be boring so take your friends with you :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank MatejSK
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Since me and my girlfriend went there outside of the high saison, our room was extremely cheap. Having booked the vacation about 3 months before, we paid ~23€ per day per person for a room with a double bed, an amazing price for what was offered.

The hotel itself looks very expensive and stylish, there's a lot of polished marble and colored lighting everywhere. The staff was friendly and helpful, not all of them spoke particularly good english or german, but there was usually one of them around who they would get for you if there were problems with the communication.
Most of the hotel guests spoke german, some of them dutch, turkish, english or russian.

With one of the local buses, which you stop by waving and exit wherever you want on its route, you can drive to Alanya, the next big city, in about 30-45mins. The buses come by the highway next to the hotel every 5 minutes, which is very comfortable.
If you don't want to go there, there are plenty of shopping opportunities everywhere around the hotel itself and even some shops on the inside next to the lobby where you'll get most of the things you could desire. For everything else, there is also a big bazaar on Wednesdays in one of the streets close to the hotel, about a hundred small stands selling mostly clothes, real and fake brands, but also waterpipes, spices, tea, perfumes (all very expensive and famoues brands, all fake), purses, belts, cheap jewelery etc. It's really fun and interesting, you should definitely check it out, even if you don't need anything.
The beach was nice, nothing special but not bad either. The water was as clear as can be on a sand beach, and not as cold as I feared since it wasn't even summer yet. The sand itself has an orange/red tone, which most people find to be less desirable than a very bright yellow to white color, but I didn't really care about that. It was clean and not too crowded, there were plenty of free deck chairs and umbrellas everywhere, so all was good.
IMPORTANT: If you want to get to the beach, you need to use the hotel's back entrance, which is located behind the à la carte restaurant. There is a small passage on the left that goes directly to the beach. If you use the larger street you will walk about 3 times the distance.

The only negative things I can think of were the breakfast buffet, which just wasn't my taste, but that didn't really matter, because I would just start my day a little later with a snack, and the music. But again, that's a matter of taste.
I found it to be quite loud lying at the pool, and on top of that it sort of shuffled through all kinds of different genres. Sometimes there was a whole album of german folk music, then it would switch to Black RnB/House, followed by some Electro/Minimal and top it off with some 80s Rock and so on. It was really confusing and kind of annyoing, but I just listened to my own mp3 player instead.
Also, since our room was on the ground floor, we were directly on top of the hotel's own disco, which was clearly audible, but thankfully it only lasts until around midnight, so you still get enough sleep even in this unfortunate position.

Besides that, pretty much everything else was better than I expected for such a low price.
All the other food was amazing, especially dinner. It was a mix of typical, known-to-all tourist food and interesting, exotic local cuisine, so there should always be something for everybody, regardless whether he likes to experiment or not. There is bound to be at least one open buffet or snack at almost every time of the day, so I found myself eating pretty much constantly. There is an à la restaurant on the premises as well, it is supposed to be free if you reserve a table beforehand, but I never felt the need to try it, as the buffet at dinner was always excellent.
The pool was big and looked very nice and vacation-y. There was an extra pool for little kids and another extra landing zone just for the three water slides, which proved to be a lot of fun. I never had any trouble finding free deck chairs, and there are umbrellas everywhere to protect you from the sun.
There were a lot of animators who did their best to motivate the lazy guests and offered a bunch of activities, games and sports throughout the entire day, there was always something to do if you wanted to. Between their activities, the animators walk around the hotel and sit down to chat with the guests, all very relaxed and nice.

Also, since I was pretty confused about what exactly "all-inclusive" means, here is what really was free and what wasn't:

Free:
- All kinds of food (there is a lot of it)
- All non-alcoholic beverages, except for freshly pressed juice (2€)
- certain local alcoholic beverages, meaning the local beer called Efes, one sort of red and white wine, Raki and possibly Vodka, not sure about the latter
- The sauna and the Turkish Bath in the wellness area
- Some of the sports available, e.g. table tennis and volley ball
- TV

Not Free:
- Other, foreign alcohol
- Cocktails
- Special wellness programs such as Massages, Peelings, etc, basically anything for which you need someone else to do it for you
- Some of the sports available, e.g. Airhockey, Billard/Pool, Mini Golf
- Drinks in the hotel's own disco (never been there)
- Internet

If you haven't been in an all-inclusive hotel yet, you will not regret it. To lie in the sun at the pool and know you're only a few steps away from the bar and as many ice-cold drinks as you want is just awesome, not to mention the ridiculously low / nonexistent price advantage you get for choosing half-pension instead in some other hotels AND the comfortable fact that you never have to take your money down to the pool and worry about it being stolen.

All in all, this vacation was great, the hotel was awesome and insanely cheap, especially off-season, though I must admit we had luck with the weather in may. The clouds were disappearing just after we landed, we had 27° degrees and sun for 7 days straight, and the evening before we left, rain started to pour and a tropical-size thunderstorm roared through the whole night.

If I didn't love discovering a new hotel and its surroundings so much, I would come back here for my next vacation myself. Instead, I can advise you to give it a try, as it has one of the best quality/price ratios I have every seen.

This is all I can think of right now. Hope this review is useful.

Room Tip: Disco is loud on ground floor, get 2nd or higher.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
24  Thank voidi
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I just came back from holiday and feel like to write this review. From the moment we arrived to the hotel we were amazed with friendlines of all the staff. The room what we got was absolutely perfect for us.The hotel has been opened just for 3 years, so all the rooms and facilities look nice and clean.
Next day when we woke up, we went for the breakfast, there was big choice of fresh breads, choice of eggs, cheese, ham, fruits, cereals and lots more.
After breakfast we went to the pool.So many sunbeds, we didnt have to wake up so early to reserve them.
What I loved was Animations.They were amazing and I already miss them.They were so nice, friendly and funny especially Elen, Sam and Mimo.
Daily programm started about 10am and finished 6 pm
The first activity was gymnastics with Mimo (my auntie went once and then couldnt walk for 3 days) but it was because it wasnt that hard, but she doesnt exercise at all.
After gymnastic was water gymnastics - very funny. After that they tried to do various games for us.
There was beach volleyball, football and many more but my favorite was step aerobic with Sam. After my first day I couldnt walk, but Sam convinced me to go for it again, then I was there every single day. I enjoyed it a lot.
The dinner was fantastic, the waiters as well - very fast, funny and nice to us all the time.
After dinner was mini disco for younger ones and then some programm for the older ones.
This holiday was absolutely fantastic, I can recommend it to everyone who likes such a holiday. Thanks to all the staff.

Ria with family

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
9  Thank Riocenka
Reviewed September 27, 2008

a beautiful hotel. great service, best rooms, best sand, splendid beach, location... ok (5 minutes from the beach), activities all day long, best food, disco, spa....

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ancamilea
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I stayed at My Home Resort 3rd week in August, the hotel was very retro in decor but very modern, the pool area was very large with lots of sun loungers to use, the food was very good for buffet food, lots of variety. What I liked most was the Wellness Spring Spa, the Staff were very helpful & friendly, with some great masseurs & lots of treatments on offer, this is a must to do if staying in My Home Resort, they have fixed packages which reduces the prices, so the more you have the cheaper it is! so get booking. I would definately go back & I am English. It is true not many english people stay there as it is mainly, Russian, German & Turkish, but many staff speak english so it was not a problem.

Stayed: August 2008
4  Thank ShirleyValentine1
Reviewed May 30, 2008

Just had a short break at the new hotel in Avsallar, Alanya MY HOME RESORT. This is a large hotel with lovely outdoor facilities situated in Avsallar, 16 kms outside of Alanya. The hotel itself was really nice but certainly not geared at all to English visitors. We were told on check in that we were the first English visitors to the hotel. This is an all inclusive hotel, but not all inclusive as I know it!! Ice creams were not included, none of the spa facilities (even the sauna) were included and the choice of non alcoholic drinks available during the day consisted of coca cola, squash or water. The food was certainly not geared to English palates and although we could always find something to eat, the variety was not good. They must also learn how to scramble eggs and NOT ADD SUGAR - it was disgusting. The most dire thing of this hotel however, was the animation. The day time activites were very loud so the possibility of having a quiet day by the pool was non existant. Svetlana (the aerobics teacher) was very fond of her whistle and I really wanted to shove it where the sun doesn't shine after the first day. The evening animation was absolurely dire, with the loudness of the team being the only thing I can remember.
I was so looking forward to this break, but quite honestly the fact that it was totally geared to Russian visitors and the dire animation team made it a holiday I will not be repeating.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank HAREM3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avsallar
White City Resort Hotel
#5 of 26 in Avsallar
Gold Island
Gold Island
#170 of 374 in Alanya

Been to My Home Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!