“We will not return”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of La Perla de Javea

La Perla de Javea
Ranked #57 of 334 Restaurants in Javea
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Oslo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We will not return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had been recommended the restaurant by the lobby of our hotel and had great expectations. We started with shrimps, which were virtually tasteless followed by lamb cutlets which were ok in taste after adding salt and pepper. The accessories on the dish was not edible, it tasted awful. Chips and shredded zucchini with burnt garlic. Both tasted the same, bitter and old burnt oil. Price and quality do not match in this restaurent. We will not return even if it looks like a nice place.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jeanette S

PARIS
“A lot of rice in this paella!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Not so many people by March in Javea and we inquired for a good paella; La Perla was recommended and we entered a pretty nice place very clean with no Spanish attendant and only Indian personnel: We, consequently ordered 2 paellas with seafood. It was just a bit surprising to check that looking for seafood or mariscos was as hard as fishing in the open sea: only four shrimps for the two of us and some scarce mussels and slices of calamares buried under tons of rice.
Maybe the search of a maxi profit is at stake and it's not exactly worth the expense.

• Visited March 2014
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

The food is it die for. The service is excellent with friendly and helpful staff. Meals are competitively priced with comprehensive wine list. If you travel to Javea you must dine here. No booking required.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Brennieboy
London, United Kingdom
“Good place to watch the sun go down”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have not eaten here for years. The restaurant has definitely gone up market, but "cuisine minceur" has a special significance here. The greeting was friendly and we sat at a good table to watch night draw over the Arenal Beach. We ordered a bottle of white wine, some sparkling water and fish. I had "Sole fillets with fine herbs" and my partner the cod. There was a small "amuse guele which was delicious and then the main courses arrived. Both dishes were excellently presented, but I could swear that my sole consisted of fillets taken from fishes that were less than 12cm long since they seemed to be entire fillets, but each of the six was tiny. There was also a tiny portion of vegetables and 2 smallish new potatoes halved. My partner's cod was a decent chunk of white fish but again, there was very little in the way of vegetables just a skim of potato mash.

To be fair, the flavours were magnificent, though I thought my fine herb sauce was a little salty, but the lack of vegetables made for a disappointing meal For desert I had "home made" truffles and my partner the fresh pineapple. The pineapple was excellent, but the truffles lacked sweetness - I have bought better in supermarkets.

On the plus side, the kitchens were on display at the back of the restaurant and looked immaculate; in addition the toilets were clean, but I felt that at €75 for the two of us, the price was too high for what we got.

If you wish to go, make certain to book a window table and arrive before dusk. Then the spectacular view of the sun going down behind Montgo makes up for the lack of vegetables.

• Visited October 2013
Batley, United Kingdom
“Sublime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We wanted a restaurant that did great paella, so a quick google and trip advisor search and we came across this restaurant, and what a find!

The decor was modern and clean and we had a great table overlooking the beach shore line.

Service was quick, polite and helpful. I asked the waiter to bring a good white wine to compliment our meal and we were served with a beautiful Sauvignon Blanc.

We red red croquettes and calamari to share between us as a starter, then two shared mixed seafood paella and I shared lobster paella with the mrs. Both were nothing short of sublime, we were craving good paella and we hit the jackpot!

Lobster was beautifully cooked with flavoursome rice. The mixed seafood had large mussels and prawns as accompanying showpieces, and the rice was a deeper flavour to compliment the meatiness of the shellfish.

Excellent meal, would highly recommend. Not the cheapest but well worth it.

• Visited September 2013