“Most Disappointing”

Ranked #44 of 347 Restaurants in Javea
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This could be such a nice place as the décor and surroundings are good with a lovely outside covered area but the food - oh dear! Starters poor and tasteless. Main courses - two of us had sole which was very dry, my chicken and beef pie was actually just mince with no flavour, and a chicken dish which was cold in parts. There is so much good food to be had in this part of Spain at very reasonable prices but this restaurant isn't one of them. Desserts were ok and the wine was good, but this was definitely the worst meal of the week for us.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

With their much larger car-park for the many visitors, this wonderful restaurant with a super menu, wonderful staff which are so helpful, it is a must if you are in the area. Price very good

Reviewed October 3, 2013

7 years ago I found this restaurant very poor.
I booked this year by mistake as a friend wanted to go to the Montgo restaurant.They meant the one opposite Restaurante los Almendros del Montgo SC.
We selected the set menu which was a joke. I will only mention my meal which was a limp salad for starter, a shoulder of lamb which was Luke warm only supplied with chips.
I looked around and saw quite a few tables leaving their food.
I also noticed the tables with Spanish people on them were eating A La Carte.
My friend told the manager that the meal was awful and that they would never come again.

2  Thank Barry N
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were 10 friends on a Saturday night, and we had booked, just as well!
At times it looked as though every table was full in the ideal outside covered area.
Staff were quick, efficient and friendly, and the meal was excellent value.
I would have given 5 stars, but some meals were a little indifferent.
The fish and chips looked excellent, with 2 large pieces of fish, but the lasagna and the meat pie were not very well received.

1  Thank janetwest
Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you are looking for a restaurant with "Service with a smile", excellent cuisine and a price tag that will not break the bank....THIS IS IT! We live in the town and have known this restaurant for twenty years. There is a full "A La Carte" menu & the "Menu del Dia" for € 11.75 for which one has a 3-course meal with bread, Alioli and a glass of beer, wine or water.

Ten minutes after taking our order, our chosen starter ( there is a selection) of avocado with prawns arrived.. I had to try the 'hake in batter' just to compare it with a "Scallops" portion. They still serve one with TWO pieces of hake, twice as much as "Scallops" last week! The chips were crispy, carrots a bit over-cooked bit in view of the overall meal, I should not even have mentioned it! 'Postres' are not huge...just as well after the main course! My wife was very happy with the salmon that she chose. Well done "Montgo Team"; you have ploughed capital back into the business over the years and expanded the number of covers. You have an enticing restaurant with an outside space in which the children may play whilst being supervised by parents remaining at table.
P.S. I'm not a shareholder!

1  Thank Hal P