“What can I say but - thank you my friend!”
Review of Kimera

Kimera
Ranked #152 of 342 Restaurants in Javea
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“What can I say but - thank you my friend!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have been a visitor to Javea since 1979. Since I have been half way between the port and the town - since 1983 as home for my parents but it was not all year for me - the very first place I have to go to after putting on the bed sheets to the bed and making sure all is well in the house - down to Chimos - no question. The tapas were / are excellent. The house burger - well I know two men who have said - "Fantastic - enough is enough! Totally stuffed in the best possible way!" The friendship shown over the years from family members is wonderful.

You will not have the food, the sangriea - see Soryah for that!!!! or the feeling of belonging - if you want to be - there is no bar I want to go and enjoy my time and give money - for quality and joy - go to see how friendly it/they are - 30 years for me! and long may it all continue - Jan

• Visited October 2013

“A warm welcome and homely atmosphere”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Been visiting Chimo for 25 years. Always made very welcome. The staff are really efficient and helpful and the cafe and toilets are lovely and clean. Great tapas, beer, tinto frio and coffee. The Kimera burger is not for the faint hearted, but is scrummy.

Visited June 2013
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great tapas and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This is a really good rustic tapas bar

Food first class and service also very good

A lot of variety and not expensive

House wine is fine to drink along with a long night of food and company

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Droopydrawrs52
Javea, Spain
“Probably best value in Javea, certainly the best tapas.”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A regular haunt for over five years, Kimera is a wonderful, family run, local bar/restaurant serving authentic local dishes at very reasonable prices. It is not a "tapas bar" specialising in high priced finger food masquerading as tapas designed with the sole intention of liberating euros from witless tourists; it is a restaurant/bar that sells tapas as well as having a very good menu. It just happens that the tapas is authentic, well prepared and priced properly. The food here is simple and appealing, it is not a "destination place" and we never think of it as being so, however when we have visitors or go out with friends we inevitably end up here at some stage and although it is very basic in decor, functional rather than comfortable and with no sea view everyone who visits wants to go back. Always full of locals, Spanish and expat, either having breakfast, lunch or dinner, enjoying a sandwich or just popping in for a drink. Everyone is made very welcome at all times of the day.
Service is friendly and efficient, quality and value are excellent. Not the place to enjoy a cocktail by the sea nor is it a venue for a special occasion but for every day good food and drink at sensible prices it is outstanding and the tapas really are quite wonderful.

• Visited July 2013
Ruislip
“Authentic Spanish Tapas!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We have been to Kimera several times now, with our friends who live in the area. We are recognised by the staff and owner every time we visit, which makes us feel very special. The food is fab here, we always take up the opportunity to try the Tapas which is always very tasty, and I love the bread and Aioli, the olives and nuts that they bring you while you are waiting for your food to arrive. Kimera is situated in a typical Spanish style street, giving you that real holiday feel, but it is also very close to the beach, and a walk along the promenade after your meal is a fabulous finish to the whole Kimera experience.

• Visited June 2013